Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The first Shadowrun X360 beta impressions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Eleazar
I don't have much to say. This part cracked me up though.

"There are two different teams you can be a part of, the Red Team and the Blue Team. They actually have different more descriptive team names that somehow tie into the plot, but for all intents and purposes they are a red team and a blue team."

I think this one sentence describes fairly well what you can expect from Shadowrun on the X360.

EDIT: Wow, I somehow managed to not post the the link. I just now realized this.

http://www.2old2play.com/News/Shadowrun_36...eta_Impressions
Vegetaman
Sadly, I think you are right. D:
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah, definitely sums it up nicely.
Fix-it
uh, link?
GuyofDoom
PC Gamer actually reviewed the Shadowrun game pretty high. I can only hope that the game will draw attention to the actual RPG as they decided to keep basicly none of the canon for the game.
Backgammon
Well, there was already this one dude who came into the forums not long ago, who said the game drew his attention to the RPG. So it's already a victory, considering Fanpro had 0 involvment in the game and it didn't cost them anything. That one gamer who's going to buy probably a hundred dollars or more of books over time.
BlackHat
I have been playing the beta too, and I gotta say. I didn't think I was going to like it because i had heard of all the changes from SR cannon they were making. This has been known for a while, from information that is available one their site, so I went into the Beta a sceptic. That said, it is a pretty fun game - and in a lot of places, they made up new stuff (like the names of red team and blue team) which helps it not conflict with what I know about SR in my mind.

I definatly suggest that SR players reserve judgement, but don't get your hopes up for a really "shadowrunny" game.
PBTHHHHT
So is it more of a tactical mercs type of shadowrun game? Where you go in guns ablazing, grab the loot and run away and where lots of collateral damage is encouraged?
BlackHat
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
So is it more of a tactical mercs type of shadowrun game? Where you go in guns ablazing, grab the loot and run away and where lots of collateral damage is encouraged?

Except for the collateral damage part... that's a fair description.

I mean, they set out to make a FPS, not an RPG - and I think this game offers a lot that other FPSs don't, especially in the way of making teamwork a necessity. I'm sure as many people will love that as hate it (imagine being stuck on a team full of people who don't realize teamwork is a necessity - not much fun).
BlackHat
I also think that none of this is going to be any big surprise to anyone. The official website at http://shadowrun.com/ has all of this information on it. But I, for one, have been wanting a real (modern) Shadowrun CRPG for a long time. The old SNES and Genisis games just don't do it for me anymore.
Luddite
Pity they didn't make a Desert Wars FPS.
DuckEggBlue Omega
Everything I've seen or heard thus far makes me think the ShadowRun Game will actually be a good Game, very good even.

It just won't be ShadowRun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012