Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GRiP Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
BetterThanLife
I have designed a character sheet for use with GRiP (Generic Internet Role Playing) software. I am considering running a game and wished to determine if there was any interest. The player's module is free.

Anyone interested in a regular game over the internet?
Baphomet69
I already have the software (though never tried it and it's not installed yet). Do you have a day/time in mind yet? I may be able to get someone else involved as well who doesn't frequent these forums.
BetterThanLife
Not yet. I would rather have an interest level gaged. I am on EST but my schedule is fairly flexible.
Baphomet69
I checked with my friend and he is also interested, so you've potentially got 2 players so far. He's moving this next week, but should be available after that.
cREbralFIX
Do you have a link to the software? Does it run on linux or Mac?
swe_wolfis
I'm interested, but I'm in UK so I will probably be hard to fit in time wise frown.gif
Baphomet69
The links at www.rpgrealms.com aren't working, so the best way to get the player portion (and the update file) are to join the Yahoo Groups GRiP group and get both files from the files section.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/griplist/
Omega the 5th
I'm in. Any day would be fine as long as it's in the evening. I work all day. What edition of Shadowrun will you be running?
Meriss
Please disregard this post
BetterThanLife
QUOTE (cREbralFIX @ Apr 10 2007, 08:39 PM)
Do you have a link to the software?  Does it run on linux or Mac?

From what I understand it will run on both Linux and Macs through emulation. Since it is older software, it doesn't do poorly on either.
BetterThanLife
I can get anyone interested a copy of the software. If you can get the Demo of the GM version, I have found that works better than the Player Version. (I have that as well.)

The ruleset I have set up is 3rd Ed. (I never bought the 4th Ed books.) Though the software works, as is, equally well with 2nd Ed and with minor adjustments with 1st Ed.

From what I understand 4th Ed would require a full rewrite of the character sheet as dice work entirely differently.

It looks like there is some interest. I will put up a campaign website, within a week, so you can get a feel to see if I am the type of GM you wish to play with. After that point, I will also be corresponding with each interested person to see if we can get a good fit for playing style.
cREbralFIX
I am interested in playing. Are we going to play by phone and internet? Or just chat?

I have found some other software for RPGs via the 'net that is free and open source. Would you be interested in that?
Baphomet69
So, any update on this, or did the idea just die?
cREbralFIX
Looks like it died.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012