Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Empty Vessals
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ophis
Okay simple thought.

Can a mage who is currently astrally projecting have a spirit possess his empty body?
We know shedim can do this and they have a limited form of possession.

Any thoughts?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Ophis)
Okay simple thought.

Can a mage who is currently astrally projecting have a spirit possess his empty body?

Any thoughts?

Absolutely. I wouldn't do it though. Remember that any damage your body takes is sent to your Astral form as well. Also remember that if you don't get back to your shoes in a few hours you're going to die.

So you really don't want some spirit picking up your shoes and running around with them. Thee's a lot of ways this could end in you not surviving and you don't have control over any of them.

-FRank
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
QUOTE (Ophis @ Apr 6 2007, 09:57 AM)
Okay simple thought.

Any thoughts?

Absolutely. I wouldn't do it though. Remember that any damage your body takes is sent to your Astral form as well. Also remember that if you don't get back to your shoes in a few hours you're going to die.

So you really don't want some spirit picking up your shoes and running around with them. Thee's a lot of ways this could end in you not surviving and you don't have control over any of them.

-FRank

...hmmmmm...

[thinking] How can I deal with pesky bothersome mages who abuse their spirits...

vegm.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
Unless of course it is your trusty ally spirit.

It would never do anything that embarrasses you, right?
Nim
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)

Well, it doesn't have to. It could just run out to restock your fridge or soemthing, being helpful...and thus not be there when you come back from projecting. It gets stuck in traffic with your body for a couple hours running errands, and poof, you're dead. Oops!
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)

Dude, where's my body?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
Dude, where's my body?

Where's your body dude?!

-Frank
Jaid
just to clarify, i assume this whole discussion is based on the fact that the spirit was previously able to possess people beforehand, correct? because if we're talking about a spirit that could not previously possess people, then the answer is no, it isn't possible...
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Nim)
It could just run out to restock your fridge or soemthing, being helpful...and thus not be there when you come back from projecting.

That's the advantage of the ally spirit - the sense link... eliminating said problem.
Ophis
Obviously I'm wondering about spirits with possession...

I'd forgotten about the damage sharing thing, that makes it balanced to my mind. Definately another trick for a possession mage with Invoking and Plant spirits (a combo missing in the written up traditions...)

Does healing on the body also affect the astral form, since they will share all damage do they share all healing?
fool
The only reason to do this is the immunity to normal weapons and improved physical stats. And you order the spirit to stay right where it is and only defend against/ react to attacks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012