Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IWTF- That Hoodoo you do
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
SinN
Waking up is hard to do. Pretty sure there was a song like that oncec. Don't really remember how it went. Things hurt right now. No time to think about stupid songs.

Loking around, Sinn sees white ceilings and white walls. And a lot of medical equipment. There's a bandage around his waist, and his leg is in a caste.

Hopsital. That can't be good. Could be worst though.

After a few minutes of bewilderment, a nurse comes over and looks over Sinn's vitals. He look over after he's finished.

How you feeling taday sa'? I know you probably don't remember comin' in, but you're gonna be alright now, don you worry none. We got you all patched up. Good thing you were wearin' your bracelet the other day , huh?
SinN
A few days? Man I was out for a little longer this time..

Miss? I need to ask you something, and I'm sure you'll be confused by this question, maybe not, but..is this a warded room?

Sin was sure that Jules had taken somethin from him to give to midnight, some of the blood from his stomach, a hair maybe..

As he waited for her awnser, he relized something else, He had forgotton to pick up Dante from school.

Quick! Mamn! Please get me my commlink!
fistandantilus4.0
Sir, I am a "Sir" , sir, not a miss. And yes, the room is securely warded . You are in Crash Cart facility, well protected. WE're responsible for your safety until you leave.

THe nurse flips through a couple of e-charts, then turns back to you.
I'm sorry sir but you weren't broght in with a commlink in your possession. THere is a link that you can use though.

He keys the AR, and an ARROW pops up, directing you through the AR instructions for the room's 'phone'. It's just a quick AR selection, and the phone rings home, your number already being programmed in as part of your contract.

However, no one answers at the apartment. Calling the daycare, their automated received confrims for you that Dante last attended on Tuesday, August 14th, and was dropped off at home as usual at 1700.

Scanning the homes security system once you link up, the system show it unoccupied, and that no one has been in residence since Tues, Aug 14th 2345.

SinN
Frak...Ok, Ill call Lucky. When in doubt, I guess.

Dial Lucky's number, then turns to the Nurse
Oh and sorry about the miss thing, just woke up, kinda delierious. What the hell happened to me anyway, all I remember is lighting?
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

The nurse doesn't respond. Sinn looks confused, then realizes the didn't acutally say it aloud. Still a little delirious, he 'repeats' him self.

Oh and sorry about the miss thing, just woke up, kinda delierious. What the hell happened to me anyway, all I remember is lighting?

The man turns to Sinn. No prol'em, you've had a lot o' drugs in your system. From the charts it shoes you were involed in a magical attack ' some knid. Looks like you were shocked a lot.
Lady Door
Lucky answers. When she sees Sinn's face she smiles and laughs.

Well, look at what the cat dragged in...
SinN
And thus comes the lightning jerk off

Hey Luck...Hows everything on your end of insanity? Listen, I need you to go to my place and get Dante. If this place is as good as Mancusso says it is, he should be safe, he can take care of himself if anything were to happen...like it kind of did.. Can you do this for me Luck? Please?
Sins face seemed sincere.
Lady Door
Lucky laughs.You know, you really got to think about putting some kind of plan in place if you plan on finding yourself on death's door this often. You owe me, Sinn. I picked up Dante right after I heard what happened to you on Tuesday night. He's been with me since then. We're having a good time, aren't we, kid?Lucky pans the commlink down, showing Dante sitting at a booth in a diner of some sort. It's 10 a.m. and the kids eating a banana split, a hamburger and pancakes. He's also drinking what looks to be coffee. Dante looks up and grins from ear to ear.
Yeah, hey, da'.
Lucky pans the phone back to her.
You get some rest, I got the kid and we're cool.
fistandantilus4.0
Sinn can see Dante jumping up and down in the back of the camera frame waving.
SinN
Hey Kiddo, you be nice to Lucky alright? Shes one of the good ones, remember? Just remember what I told you about her, ok little man?
Once the com is turned back to Lucky

Get that coffee away from him! He's six years old for god sakes! Is that...a banana split? Lucky its 10 a.m.! Get the kid some real breakfast! Sighs. Lucky theres somethin I really need to tell you, its what that meetin was gonna be about. Is there anyway, anyway at all we can talk privately?
fistandantilus4.0
Dante looks thoughtful for a moment. What you told me? You mean that she ha a great ass? Lucky I wanna see it ! What is an ass anyway Dad? When are you comin' home? Do you have scars!? I got ice cream with chocolate syrup!
Lady Door
Lucky raises an eyebrow and looks at Dante and then back at Sinn and then back to Dante. It looks like you and I are going to be talking later little man.Turning back to Sinn, she sighs.
Lighten up. He's fine, besides he's got pancakes. That's breakfast. And he needed the coffee to stay awake after the all night Miracle Shooter marathon.
Lucky smiles and pulls a cigarette out, without lighting it she sticks it in her mouth.
Looking at you, I really don't think you're in a position to go anywhere. You need to talk, we'll talk. But, wait until you're healed. And, if I were you, I'd remember to re-up your Crash Cart before you leave. Soka?
SinN
Sin drops his head and smiles.
God I love that kid, Sirene would be so proud.
Ill be home shortly alright buddy? Daddy just needs to stay at this place for a while so I dont get hurt any more than I am, ok?

I wonder what Lucky is thinking now? Wonder why she hasnt hung up on me?

Got it, talk to soon, keep him safe, ok? He pauses for a moment.
Thanks Lucky, I really do owe you one.
Hangs up
SinN
Thinks for a second.
Time to get some awnsers....Lets see, his last known number....
Dials the number.
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
The phone rings for a while, with no answer. no message receiver picks up either. Just before Sinn hangs up however, the call connects. The face of a handsome, smiling elf man appears on the AR screen in front of Sinn.

Wellll.... aren't you a sight for sore eyes. In the hospital? You wouldn't be calling to tell me that your reckless life has finally caught up with you, and you're leaving me with everything, are you Sinn?

He winks.
SinN
Sin Chuckles
You aint changed at all have you Riast? But you are right, My mistakes have caught up to me. Ill be okay though. But theres something else I need to ask you about.
Sin looks around the room to make sure none of the nurses or doctors were present. Once its safe he speaks again.
Id heard you'd gotten into black magic, well it appears my voodoo has been replaced by just that. I need to know exactly how this works. Can you help me?
fistandantilus4.0
Raist takes a miunte, watching Sinn carefully. Silence for a solid minute.

You must have changed , at least some what, if you are actually calling asking for help.

You want someone to teach you the Black Arts then. Yes, I can do that.

What's in it for me?

He smiles again.
SinN
Always the aristocrat..
What would you like? Within reason Raist, dont forget that.
fistandantilus4.0
There's always the cliche' "immortal soul", but those really don't trade very well these days. And I'm not one for the "first born child". Too much of a bother. But I do have something in mind. We'll talk about it when I get there. I expect you have a plase there in New Orleans that will meet my standards? Or wil lat least by the time I arrive tomorrow?
SinN
First born child...

Yeah I gotta place, call my com wen you get into town, Ill show you where it is.
fistandantilus4.0
I show this as being a Crash Cart facility comm. What is your number?
SinN
Send the number over. Sin knows better then to say it aloud.
Call me when you get into town, we'll discuss the details of what happened to me when you do.
fistandantilus4.0
Breathless with anticipation dear boy. I'll be seeing you... soon.

He hangs up.

Even with all the fucked and evil people Sinn had met, Raist had always been one of the most disturbing. At least that meant that he should know a lot about Black Magic.
SinN
God, what has he gotten himself into now...I hear he hooked up with the Queen...no fraggin way. Not even HES that good.

Sin lays back into his bed. Wondering what hes going to do all day.
fistandantilus4.0
'what he's going t odo all day" becomes mostly lying there, eating ice and jello, and having people do the same tests and say the same "reassuring things" over and over.

At one point, an actual doctor comes in and gives him an update.

Okaaaayyyy... Mr ..."sinner" .. huh, well, here's what we've got for you today. I'll dumb it down a bit so you don't have to ask me to repeat my self in english. You obviously took some severe trauma to your muscle system, and heart from the extreme electrical shock. you'll probably be sore from that for a few more days. Just take your nerps and it'll pass. You're extremely lucky you didn't blow out your knee caps ,as can happen with ..... "accidents"... like this.

As he's talking he's looking over your chart, turning it over, upside down ,etc.

We had to remove about 2 feet of small intestine due to damange and infection. You'll have to lay off the alcohol for a while, as there was some liver damage as well.

There's also your leg of course, broken in three places. Some heavy blunt force trauma there. That'll take 6-8 weeks to heal.

Magical healing has already been applied of course. It was used to stabilize your life. The on site mage was actually knocked out from the drain, so any further application of magical healing would be pointless.

We can apply some nanite healers in to your system that will speed up your recovery time considerably. I do see however that you don't have any medical insurance, just the Gold Contract for Emergency Evac. So that would cost about $8000. Let us know if you want that done. Other wise you'll be in here for about a week before we can release you.
Applying the nanites, we can have you out of here most likely some time tomorrow.

SinN
Do it.
Sin knew he had 8000 to burn, besides, everyone would go nuts if they saw him walkin around....limping around tommorow. He couldnt wait to see the faces. Besides, He knew Raist didnt like to be kept waiting.
fistandantilus4.0
The day passed slowly. Still consisting of people checking the same things over and over, with the occassional high light of the bed pan being changed, or the sponge bath by the male ork nurse. Apparently you only get the hot nurse in the short skirt of you get the platinum package. Go figure.

The nanites are administered within a few hours. It's a very strange sensation, as Sinn feels like he's itching all over , but no the inside. They also feed him a number of "nutrient packets" in the form of shakes for the nanites to have materials to work with. By the end of it, Sinn has sworn off chocolate shakes for life.

He has a suprising visitor around 1800. Julian Mancuso comes walking in to Sinn's infirmary. Sinn can see what looks like a large minotaur waiting/blocking outside the door.

Evening Sinn. How are we feeling today? I must say that you're looking better than I'd expected. When do they believe you'll be moving around again?
SinN
Sin sits up in suprise
What in the fuck is he doin visiting me? Did I impress him or something?

Hey Julian, good to see you too. They tell me tommorow. The whole Nanites thing they got goin on now. Besides, how many times have I done this now? What can I help you with Julian?
fistandantilus4.0
That's excellent to hear. Medical technology today... such a wonderful thing.

Julian walks over and stands beside the bed.

I'll be straight with you Sinn. You know that the Posse is associated with out organization. You are as well. This obviously causes a conflict of interest. Both you and the Posse are considered "associates", so the lines of loyalty are a bit blurry. Unfortunately for you, the Posse has more member,s and makes it's self very useful.

However, I know that you have a number of skills, and of course, reputation, taht wil be useful to the family. I want to help you out by putting some of those skills to use. I have an action for you.

In exchange, for one, I'll take care of your medical bills and accomadations. CrashCart covers your emergency pick up. It doesn't cover hospital stays. I took the liberty to look at your care bill. It's over $20,000 already.

Besides the bills, there will be a substantial payment for the action as well. But it will need to be done relatively soon. A few days.

Julian waits for Sinn's reply.
SinN
Well Julian. Im not sure you're aware, but a member of the Voodoo posse is the one who did this to me. His name is Juliaus. A big troll who likes to where top hats. I told him I couldnt join the Posse due to conflict of interest. I intended on joining the family, if they'll have me ofcourse. Due to the attack, Im not a voodooin anymore. I practice a diffrent trade. Ive got a friend coming in tommorow to teach more about it. When I know more, you'll know more. In other words, Julian. You've got yourself a deal. Whats the job?
fistandantilus4.0
I am aware of who attacked you. He's been making quite a noise about it. We can get to that later.

I need you to blow up a car Sinn. There will be people in it of course. I'll give you the address. If needed, I can supply you with the explosves as well. Naturally, with this sort of thing, I don't want anyone to know who was involved. So keep it low key, don't be seen. And don't discuss it with anyone.

Your pay will be 100K, as well as taking care of your medical bills. Lucky is already looking after Dante, so that won't be a problem. Do remember though that discretion, silence on your part, is the absolute key in this matter. Hence the pay rate.

Security will be tight, but lacking in the arcane department. I'm sure that you can use that to your advantage.
SinN
Ill make myself invisible and plant a bomb. Got it. Whos the target?
fistandantilus4.0
The details I'll send to you tomorrow when you're out, including time and location. Sufice to say it's no one you know or have had any dealings with. And once the jobs done, that will be for the best anyway.

Thank you, it's good to see that you still have your strength.

Julian pats Sinn on the shoulder.

Get out soon. I'll be seeing you.

Julain heads out, closing the door behind him.
SinN
Hmm...it appears Julian likes me more then I thought? Maybe not, either way, I gotta be on my toes for the next few days. Never know whos gonna try to put a shot gun to my chest....poison me....rip out my intestines.....gun me down in a parking lot....yeah...that was a good one.

Sin chuckles at his own demise.

Man, Ive got to start bein more careful, this one hurt like hell. Looks out to the hallway. Hey Nurse! You got any more Jello back there...? I meant the food jack ass..
Geez. If your THAT sensitive about your weight...
fistandantilus4.0
By morning the nanites have finished their work. The doctor advises only light foods, such as jello, shakes,etc. The 'off' list is meats, alcohol, potatoes, any kind of ruffage. Apparently getting your intestines ripped out suck. Sinn is also required to kep off his leg as much as possible. The cane becomes less an assistance option, and more a necessity, as the leg is still tender and doesn't support weight well. But it's better than 6 weeks in a cast.

The autopilot brings the Big Black Beast to Sinn at the Crash Cart medical facility. The autopilot takes him home, as it's early in the morning when he's released, and Lucky doesn't get up that early, much less answer her commlink.

Sinn arrives home at the Franklin Heights Apartments at the ungoldy hour of 0700. People shouldn't have to be awake at that hour unless they're still awake.

Walking in, the security system recognizes Sinn and deactivates, letting him in. It immediately starts to make coffe, irish of course,which Sinn relucantly has to cancel. The trideo reports 0 messages.

As Sinn wanders in to his bedroom, grateful to have a chance to collapse in a real bed, he stops, startled. There's a man standing in his room, dressed in a white double breasted suit. He's wearing black shoes, with a black cane. He's and elf, and he looks familiar. As in, finding him in his bedroom makes for a familiar irritation with the man.

Raist turns to Sinn and smiles. Good morning Sinn. I was just despairing over your lack of decor.

Sinn had forgotten how Raist always seemed to be smiling. Worst was that he always seemed to genuinely mean it.

Nice to see you up and about so soon. Any good nurses at the hospital? No? Pity. Well, you've called me, "invited me in" as it were. Here I am. Tell me, what can I do for you? I know you said you need teaching, but from the qounded and beleagured way you're walking, there's obviously more going on here. Why don't you fill me in while I get us both a drink.

True to his word he moves out in to the kitchen and retrieves a bottle of rum.
SinN
No rum for me, Raist. Aparently I cant have it for a while. Sinn stumbled into the kitchen with his cain and retreived a glass of water. Returning to his room, he sits on a chair close to his bed.
It all started when I met Lucky. Shes a peach, you'd like her. Anyway, I started doin work with her and this group shes in. This group has an alliance with The Voodoo posse, both were interested in me. When I became a black mage, the voodoo posse ripped out my intestines and shattered my knee cap. Aparantly to Voodoo'ns, Black Magic is bad. Or maybe it was that I mentioned the Advesary. Im sure hes around her somewhere. He's sort of a mentor spirit now, I guess.
Sinn looked at Raist for a moment, expecting an interuption anytime now.
Well, old friend? What do you think?
fistandantilus4.0
Call me Nathaniel. It is my name after all.

"Ripped out your intestines"? I have the feeling there's some "minor details" you've left out that might help to illuminate the dark spots in your stories, but we'll get to that later I suppose. Pity about the rum.

Taking his time, the elf pours him self a glass of rum and drinks, at least having the decency enough to not enjoy it to openly. He turns back to Sinn.

"The Advesary". Hmmmm.... either you've simply not found quite the name to place to this spirit guide that you've fallen in with, or your in to something much deeper than you should be. Knowing you I'd say that latter, but for once, I think it may be the former.

"The Advesary" is more an archtypal representation of the spirit of non-conformity. Fitting for you. As your understanding of the path you are on deepens, it will take on a more distinct role. For example, your "advesary" will likely take on a name. Knowing you, it will probably be something rather diabolical. The Advesary classicly is a being that goes it's own way, rejects orders but considers everything else. It doesn't like to be told what to do, bu rather loves choices. I'm not saying you should become some sort of "Neo-Anarchist". We both know that would only get you killed. You are reckless enough as it is.

What you need is something that you can belong in, not just "to". This enterprise you've involved your self in, I assume by now you're in to deep to walk away from. You likely have some debt. Do what you will with your affairs with them. Such things are out of my sphere, and far be it for me to tell you what to do anyway. If I told you, you woldn't listen.

But I can offer you something else. Being as you've just come out of a , shall we say, "bad relationship" wit ha magical group, I can understand you're being reitcant. But listen anyway. Think of it as a choice. You can choose to listen to my advice, or you can choose to stand alone against over whelming odds.

There is a group. A "Club" or "cabal" if you will, that I belong to. I beieve it would be right up your alley. Understand that Ioffer this to you because you seem to be in need of it's assistance, and I think you may be able to offer something in return, whch, of course, is the whole point.

It is called the Hellfire Club. If you're familiar with the art of the late twentieth century, you may recognize the name. The original Hellfire Club was formed in the early 1700s in London, and was used as a means of applying influence to certain quarters, gaining wealt and strength for it's members. Much liek the Freemason's actually.

The reincarnation of the Hellfire Club follows simialr means, but to a different end.
The club's membership is decidedly elite. The inner circle however, is even more restrictive. You must be elven, and you must be magically capable. Like my self, others within the inner circle also follow the path of Black Magic. Much like yourself.
More over, the Club's aims are to garner influence, prestige, wealth, strength, and magical advancement. All of these are to advance the strength of it's members, and the elven race as a whole.

Elves are decidely superior to the other races. You know this already I'm sure. Even if we are equal in all other things, we live twice as long as the oldest dwarf. If we begin now, by the time you are 100, we will have more influence than any other organzation, as their founding members will be long turned to dust. But this is all very long term.

In immediate gains for you, you will have protection. I've taken the liberty in to looking in to certain matters concerning you lately. Protecting you from the Voodoo Posse is one thing we can assist you with. Applying aid in more trivial when you need it is another. I will also teach you everything you need to know about the Black Arts. And I won't even ask for your immortal soul in return.

The terms that you must agree to are that while within the Club, you will swear an oath to abide by the Clubs rules. One of these is obediance. That while you are below some member sin rank, you must do as commanded concerning club business. Of course, as your move higher in rank, that means you'll have much more control of those under you. The second is secrecy. You can tell no one about the club. Not your friend Lucky, not your son. If you want to invite someone else in for membership, you must get a consensus within the club to allow the knwoledge to be shared. This ins't as restricing as it sounds, but it is required. If you break this oath, everyone withing the Club will know, just as you would know if someone else broke one of the tenets.

So Sinn, here is your choice. Join us. Learn, grow in arcane strength and knowledge, and have an oppurtunity to rise above being someone else's servant. Or stay here, and I will leave. Then you can face your enemies alone, and see how well you do.

Of course, seeing how the last few days have gone, I'd say it's a bit of a fore gone conclusion. But I could be wrong.

Nathaniel, sitting in a chair opposite Sinn with one leg crossed over the other, steeples his fingers and waits for Sinn's reply.
SinN
Nathaniel. It suits you. Its nice to finnally meet you Nathaniel. My name is Jakob. Its a pleasure, it really is.The Hellfire club? Ive heard of them. Elite is right.
Sinn puts down his glass of water.
Well the whole thing is a secret, or would have been anyway. Ive learned the importance of that, trust me. I do owe a debt to my associates, but nothing life giving. Could I remain in New Orleans? Just to be safe, they dont apreciate it when you up and leave, and squelch on a debt. Other than that, Id love to join. It would be nice to finnally belong somowhere.
fistandantilus4.0
Nathaniel smiles . Yes, you may of course remain here. I am actually looking to open a branch here some time in the future, conditions permitting. And I am quite glad to hear that you are learning something.

Besides the club however, there is the matter of why you called me here. To teach you. I believe als ot ogive you some extra measure of protection against the people that are now aligned against you. You asked my price. It's fairly simple, and as I said, nothing so dramatic as you expect. Rather shallow actually.

I want you to sleep with me Jakob. And no, I'm not joking. I've been batting the idea around since New Jersey. There is my price, the hcoice is yours. Take me or leave it.

Once again, he sits there calmly, waiting for Sinn to decide. He's absolutely serious.
SinN
Sinn's eyes dont even flinch. He knew Nathaniel would do somthing like this. He could tell he was serious, but he also knew that he was doing it to see his reaction.

Sleep with me? Nathaniel my parents would kill me if I had sex with you before we were married. Sin says, still no change in his expression. Same old smug smile. I wonder if he knows Im kidding?

Let me bat around the idea for a bit Nathaniel. Ive got a job to get started on, it shouldnt take me long. Ill be quite honest though, its not what I expected, but I suppose its not too far out of the question. Not like you're a hideous troll, ready to tear me apart or anything.
And as for starting up a chapter here, I think that'd be a wonderful Idea. New Orleans is a Prime Hotspot for magic, spirits, Vampires, and just about any other creature of the night you can imagen.

You expected me to be taken back, didnt you? Nathaniel, you have no idea what Ive seen, done, and lost in the last year. Anything I have to do, to my life back, and make sure Dante gets to keep his for good, Im willing to do. Gimme a sec, I need to call the man who gave me the job, work out some detail.

Send Mancusso a message:
Hey Julian, Im up and about. How bout those details?
fistandantilus4.0
Mancuso picks up the line after a few rings.

The target will be in two days, as I believed I mentioned earlier. If you need me to provide you with the package I mentioned, there's a dealer I can send you to. I'll transfer some extra cred your way. you can pick it up.

The dealer's name is Carlo. He's an ex-merc that deals in gun running now. He does all of his business ou of his van. A delivery man of sorts. You won't meet him there though. There's a club on Madison, the Dolphin. It's about as posh as it sounds. Carlo is always there when he isn't working, and he isn't working tonight. Just ask the bartneder. He'll know who you're talking about. I'll contact you tomorrow night. You'll need about 5 kilos of 10.

Mancuso disconnects and transfers over 5k.

Once Sinn is off the phone, Nathaniel is still sitting there, looking a little amused.
It's nice to see that you're making an effort to honor old bargains at least.
As for our bargain, don't "bat it around" for too long. You know me well enough to know that my patience has bounds. But yes, you have some time. I'm also interested in hearing about the other things you've done lately.

But if you have work to do, don't let me keep you. I can show my self out, and someone has to make sure that rum doesn't go to waste.

He stands up and goes for a second glass.
SinN
Ill take your dealer Julian. The last explosives expert I dealt with was a bit over-zealous with his bombs. Im sure you remember? Images of Reefer flashed in his mind with discussed. Amatuer. Alright Julian, Ill talk to you tommorow evening then. Take care. And Lucky said something about you takin her to dinner. You might wanna get on that soon, her patience has bounds you know. He says with a wink and a smile. Take care Jules. Disconnects.

To Nathanial:
Feel free to stay here as long as you reside in New Orleans. We have an extra bedroom. Dante has been waiting to meet you for a very long time. Im sure he'll be exicted. I beleive he's at school right now. He stayed the night with a friend. Hes in good hands. Sinn wasnt sure who he was trying to reassure.
I understand your bounds. Ill get back to you tonight. Too bad this cant be a drunken thing though. Sinn laughs outloud.
fistandantilus4.0
Well what's dinner without something to drink first? Have a drink or two if you like, you can call it a drunken escapade later . But not to much. I find it interesting that you've been telling your son stories about me. I'd be interested to know what sort of stories.
SinN
Ive told him that aside from his mother, you were the only person I actually trusted. He hears quite a bit about you, Lucky, and of course, Auntie Bourban. I think you two should meet. Shes a peach. But kinda twisted. Just your type.
Sinn stands to walk to the kitchen.
I can recomend some nice restraunts. But give me a minute to relax. Havent been able to in....well 6 months.
fistandantilus4.0
Nathaniel languidly follows, and refills his rum.

So which one is the peach then? Auntie or the Lucky one?

Never mind, take what time you need. I'll make my self comfortable, maybe catch a shower. We can consumate our pact whenever you're ready.

He wanders about the apartment for a bit, drinking the rum, enjoying the view, and eventually does head for the shower.
SinN
Sin decides he needs to kill the time anyway. Follows Nathaniel to the shower.
I suppose we can get this show on the road.
After about an hour, Sin walks out of the shower. Not sure how to feel about the situation. He gets dressed.
Alright, now what do I need to do to get started on this black magic thing?
fistandantilus4.0
It lasts much more than an hour, and goes to many more places in the home than
she shower. Apparently Nathaniel knows number of spels to help these things last longer. He even takes a good two hours instructing Sinn in various Tantric techniques that some Black mages use in ritual spell casting. By the time they finish, Sinn is feeling more than a bit drained. It's also difficult to stop thinking about it. He finds him self strangely craving it again. On top of it all, the man was damn good. Thankfully, he approached it more as a partnering, and not a "dominant top". Nathaniel seems very pleased. He sits opposite Sinn after some time, explaining more of the Black Magic tradtion.

Black magic is a true path to power. You get out what you put in. Evertyhing within it is based on your will. Your will of what you will do, how hard you will work to accomplish it, a will to power. You have to be willing to go farther than anyone else. Part of the power you can gain is from sacrifice magic, although that is only a part of it. I can teach you that as well.

The trappings are also a part of it. The rituals center your power, preferably around your self, or a ritual site. Wearing black is part of it as well .Traditionally, wearing black cuts your aura off from others around you. Symbolically, it's a way of hordeing power. That's important in rituals as well, when you need to buidl your power slowly.

He spends the better part of the day instructing Sinn in Ritual Black magic, as it is the basis for the more common spellcasting, and is also important for spirit summoning, something entirely new for Sinn. Around 1400, a trio of expensive escorts show up at Sinn's door, which Nathaniel explains he called. He insturcts Sinn in a few basic rituals, eventually simply taking control of the girl's minds and instructing Sinn in proper techniques of blood letting. Everything from minor cuts to full sacrifice of a sapient being. He uses powerful healing spells to keep the girls alive, and alters their memory when the lesson is finished.

Waste not, want not. These youg ladies can still serve their initial purppose, and lleaving no bodies lying around is always preferable. Remember that.

He asks Sinn to join him in putthing the ladies to their "proper use", eventually finishing around 1800.

I understand you have a prior engagement you've made this evening, so I'll find a way to entertain myself tonight. Take care of your "business" and I'll see you again in a few days.

After a few minutes of cleaning, he leaves, leaving Sinn free to go to his meet for the explosves at the club.
SinN
Thank you Nathaniel. I appreciate everything you're doing.

Sinn takes the advice of Nathaniel. He changes his clothes from your basic white t-shirt and Jeans, to Black Pants, Black shirt, Black shoes. After over looking himself for a sec, he heads for the club. Arriving about 20 minutes earlier then expected.
fistandantilus4.0
The Dolphin is as posh as Sinn's heard. It takes a hefty "tip" of nuyen.gif 200 just for him to let Sinn in the door, since he isn't properly dressed. His good looks seem to help, but it's a rough reminder of how wearing the proper clothes can go a long way.

A few discrete words to the bartender and another nuyen.gif 100 gets Sinn directed to an Aztlaner man in the back of the club in a blue and black shit, enjoying the company of a few lovely ladies, which are probably paid for. Carlo seems to be having a good time . He's sitting back on the couch, sunglasses on, and full of smiles, with two brunettes and a blond to keep him company. No wonder he spends so much time here.
SinN
Aproach the man's table, and look upon him and his "present company." Gives a wink to the Blonde.
Say quietly as Sinn sits down:
You must be Carlo. Where you at?
Sinn motions towards the three women.
You know how to keep in good company. Thats good. Such a thing can make a man. Lights up a ciggarette.
Julian sent me, it appears we have some bussiness. You know about things that go boom, and thats what I need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012