Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Penny-Arcade on Shadowrun FPS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Tycho of Penny-Arcade)
At the Last E3 Ever, while I was idly watching someone do something in Hellgate: London (the screen was dark) I was approached by someone from FASA who wanted to talk about Shadowrun. Having just learned that there was no single player content and that the game was not set in the continuity Gamers Of The Book expect, I put my mind in cruise control and let my lower order functions manage the interaction. I wasn't ready to have a conversation about it yet, least of all with this hooded executioner of the franchise. He then said something about it being like Tribes, which caused my humours to boil. You don't just get to say something like that. You don't get to hold up your filthy handkerchief and call it the Shroud of fucking Turin.

Now, having played it at my own pace and not in the pandemoniac hall of some trade show, I know what he meant - and he's not wrong. Indeed, I was wrong, and then I compounded it by being rude. Heading across the lake to play it some more today, hopefully I'll come back with the good word.

Interesting.
Backgammon
Yeah, word is it's good.

Just not shadowrun.
Unarmed
Yeah, that is interesting. I really wish they'd just stuck some other name - any other name, really, on the game.

Does it need the shadowrun name to be sucessful? I don't really think so.
Luddite
It is a really weird marketing decision to call it Shadowrun. For every person who'll check out anything with the SR imprint and end up liking the game on it's own merits there will probably be another person who would have played it (being a decent game) but refuses to as it contains very little Shadowrun content.

I can't wait to see the caliber of new player it brings to the tabletop...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012