Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Shadows needs 3rd Ed Gamers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Deadhand
Hoy Omaes! Looking for 3rd Ed runners for my PbP site in google groups, it will be a slow running game, just one or two posts needed a week. Currently seeking all archetypes and the spots will go on a first come first served basis but I will keep this post up to date with any recruiting news.

You can use either the priority system from the rulebook or BEcKS Karma system with 450 karma points.

To apply go to the link provided and submit a quick description of the character you wish to play.. The full character sheet can be posted on the site after you've been accepted.

Seattle Shadows
cREbralFIX
Hi Deadhand,

What is the focus of the campaign? Is the BEcKS system from the SR Companion?

Deadhand
It will be based around a group of runners that work with a fixer named Max Schroeder in the seattle setting, the runs themselves will mostly be individual runs with some links coming further down the line (if we get that far) from characters own backgrounds or friends enemies made during gaming.

So far i've had interest from a decker and a shaman but they haven't confirmed yet by posting characters.

BeCKS system can be found on the NSRCG (character generator);

NSCRG

Or read at the shadowrun supplemental;

BeCKS by Mike Jones
cREbralFIX
I'll get a character submitted soon.
cREbralFIX
What will be needed to survive skillwise? Should I take a bunch of skills at 3 and 4 or just focus toward 6?

What is the power level? Can we expect every ganger to have full assault gear? Military grade armor for Corporate Security? Or is it more low key with lighter armor and weapons?

I'd rather not load up on medium machine guns and ammo only to find pistols would be sufficient.
Chance359
I joined the group (same username as on here). Will rayguns weapons be allowed?

Also, are we using becks or becks 2.0?
cREbralFIX
Character submitted; name TBD.
Deadhand
cREbralFIX: you should find that you've been accepted to the seattleshadows. the threat level is more in keeping with reality (or the way I see reality),and hence lower than in many games I've played in where an old guy walking his dog is always a kungfu master with a sword cane weapon focus and the local BTL dealer casually wields a vindicator minigun. generally expect gangers to be wearing leathers or armoured clothing and street level weapons such as pistols, blades maybe the odd SMG or shotgun. General corp sec and lonestar normally would have armoured jackets with military grade armour conserved for special reactive forces. Non-lethal aquisition of targets may be used providing you don't barrage them with automatic weapons on sight wink.gif. But then whoever wanted to be taken alive? especially with rumours abound about the treatment the police and security forces give SINless captives!

Skillwise, I find its best to have a variety of skills around rating 4 rather than a couple of focused skills at 6, but that is entirely up to you. My adventures rarely require you to finish them in a certain way, I like to allow people to be inventive and use skills they will enjoy baring only in mind that constant use of excessive force is a sure fire way of ending up as body parts to the local black market clinic. If you want to discuss things in depth before posting a character we can talk it through via the seattle shadows site.

Chance 359: you also have been accepted. I generally use the becks version on the current version of NSCRG, as far as I know thats becks 2.0 so go for that.

As soon as you post your character sheets onto the site i'll announce their slots taken up on this thread. Providing the two runners that applied from another site also get there characters up we should have enough to start. Also feel free to post a hello on the welcome to seattle thread or just chat about shadowrun in general on the general OOC thread (as if you don't get enough of a fix on the dumpshock forums lol).

PS. any others interested still contact seattle shadows as I will accept a couple more runners.
cREbralFIX
Points noted. I'm working on a second character (fighter-type) as backup. In another game, my first character lasted exactly 6 seconds.
cREbralFIX
How do I post a character sheet? I just used flat text.
Deadhand
Yeah, thats fine, no need for anything fancy, as long as the basic stats and gear are up for people to see and a little description and history.. a little info on contacts would be good too (name/race etc.)
cREbralFIX
Figured it out
Deadhand
Oh Chance359, I forgot to mention, if your talking raygun's firearms I have no problem with that, checked em out on NSCRG. (I would have to draw the line at shooty beam laser weapons nyahnyah.gif )
Chance359
cool, cool, sorry I haven't posted my character yet, just got my laptop back with a new harddrive in it.
Deadhand
No sweat I've kinda forgotton what you proposed to play (not very GM like of me i know), but if it was a troll which a couple of people have asked about, I ask it to be toned down to an orc please (if it wasn't a troll then just give me a funny look, roll your eyes, tut dissaprovingly and post nyahnyah.gif )..

Just an update, we have phys ad and owl shaman characters confirmed and posted on the site..
Deadhand
Hey chance359, if your still up for it am starting the run on sunday you could join after that but would be good if you had your character posted for then if possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012