Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cape Town Races
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Lady Door
Link to IC

All right peoples, it's up. Get me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses of character sheets. smile.gif
R.J. : I'll post yours on here, so no worries on your end.
fistandantilus4.0
In case it has to be said, I'm in.

*woot* first post!
fistandantilus4.0
I'm thinking dragon shaman BTW at this point.
Lady Door
Okay, so for this game:
  • Based in .... Cape Town, shocking I know.
  • The year is 2070, the month is January.
  • Going for a more magic heavy/infiltration heavy kinda feel.
  • As such, I'm going to go ahead and bump up the BP character creation allowance to 550, with a stats cap of 270. (R.J., feel free to modify your character accordingly.
  • Once again, as was mentioned in the Miami game: If someone chooses to play a hacker/decker/whatever you want to call them, please note that I am technologically inept and will be reading the book as I type. If you're okay with that, then create away.

Color Code
(Salmon) This is for talking.
(Aquamarine) This is for thoughts.
(Gold) This is for actions, notes to the GM, etc.
(Red) Commlink activity: Text Messages, AR messages, etc.
(Purple) Handwritten messages, text in books
(Aqua) For when Dragons start talking to you in your head. (Be worried that this is an option... )

fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Plan B)

(Aqua) For when Dragons start talking to you in your head. (Be worried that this is an option... )

Sorta rethinking that whole "dragon shaman" thing now...
SinN
QUOTE (Plan B)

Oh dear god......
fistandantilus4.0
Rough character idea reolves around a mage that was called by dragon, and keeps dreaming of Cape Town. Doesn't know why. So he goes.

Honestly I just don't htink I could play a local in a locale I know absolutely nothing about. I think I'm going with "stranger in strange land"
SinN
Mine, is a tibetin monk, invisible adept. Hes in Africa searching for somthing.
fistandantilus4.0
So I have to ask still.. why would a tibetan monk shadowrun?
SinN
Dark Secret quality. Its a joy
fistandantilus4.0
ok , this I gotta hear. Dark secret for a monkk.. *gasp* he bought a commlink! biggrin.gif

kidding aside, interested in your idea.
Lady Door
I am too. I'm interested in reading the background for it. (Cause I, unlike some people, read my characters' backgrounds that they work so hard on and labor over.) *ahem* wink.gif
Redjack
Updated character sheet sent to you for Nico Tuscani aka Franky Delguchi aka Ghost.

First glance:
Franky is a tall, quiet, graceful man. His clothes are nice, but average. Franky lives in a better part of Cape Town where the buildings have doormen and the people eat real food, without soy.

Ghost is a low key runner who specializes in small operations, many times solo. He does everything from snatch-n-grab to wet-work, but he has turned down a few runs.

Second Pass
Franky has enlarged canines and is incredibly muscular. He is actually an ork, but his orkish features are subdued to the point that they are missed on first glance.

Ghost is either wired or an adept. He has no visible cyber-ware and prefers hand-to-hand over ranged combat, stealth over frontal assault, planning over en promptu.
Meriss
@Plan B: You make me LOL! Anywho heres Rave's Bio again for those of you who haven't read it. Hmmm... lots of foreigners, looks like I'm going to be playing guide alot.

[ Spoiler ]

Man I love what a dark tone I got for him. I am so super proud of myself cyber.gif
Char sheet this afternoon I swear
DireRadiant
May I join this game?

I'm thinking of this character, bump the BP and add a little history to justify a move to CapeTown?
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
I think I'm going to try to stick to the darker overtones the others have already provided. Meriss, Redjack, you guys helped me get my idea set in my head, especially Redjack's opening IC. I'll have my char up in a bit.
fistandantilus4.0
@DireRadiant:I believe the game was originally intended for four, but don't know for sure. I can say that Red Jack, Meriss, and I were in from before, and we were waiting on both SinN and Tashio. SinN is in, and we're waiting to hear from Tashio.
Just an FYI on who's which is where. But if you're in, you'll likely be the last. We were trying to keep this crew slightly smaller. She'll be on to answer you in a bit.
DireRadiant
Ah right, the overflow from the Miami Vice Thread.

Well, it can't hurt to ask. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Oh no, can't hurt at all. She'll be gald to see the interest too. smile.gif

My comments weren't so much to warn you of, more to let others now that we're full now. I can't imagine her running a game that could potentially have 7 players.

Lesse.. listing for "confirmed"

-RedJack - who's more "in" than I am
-Meriss - the same, I really need to bust my char out
-F3.0 - That's me , Uncle Fist
-SinN - has his char concept, just no stats

interested
-DireRadiant - we know he's hooked already wink.gif

waiting to hear
-Tashio -actually lives in Sout Africa. Has more right to play than me
Lady Door
@ Dire Radiant: You're more then welcome to join. We'll just close our "roster" after you. smile.gif

Anyway, make sure ya'll are updating your character sheets to reflect the revised BP character creation allowance and increased attribute cap. smile.gif
Meriss
Hmmm... Hey Tashio can you hook me up with some local info since I'm playing the native, Cape Towner?
Meriss
Ok As promised Raves sheet.

[ Spoiler ]

Lemme know if anything is redundant
Lady Door
Nicely done, Meriss. Nicely done. smile.gif Thank you for posting it. Did I give you your CSP's yet?
Meriss
5 for background
5 for questions?
and 5 for sheet yes?
Lady Door
Ha ha... no. 5 for background & questions, 5 for char. sheet. 10 CSP's not 15. smile.gif
Meriss
Dang It!
Mama D'zingo was done but the public comp ate her.
Notes on playing her: I realize your in charge but this is how I see her in my head.
She's not a creepy old lady, she can play that role but she prefers not to. She prefers to be pleasent and charming. Think of your favorite older female relative, that's her. Only with magic. She'll summon as many spirits in a day as she can handle. And she usually has Magic *2 ancestor spirits hanging around of their own free will.
Lady Door
I keep picturing the Oracle from the Matrix series for some reason... that jive with what you're thinking?
ornot
Such a shame I missed joining in on this. I spent rather longer than I should've reading the Miami IC and OOC threads last night, and was very impressed. Still, if it's alright I think I may lurk and get my vicarious SR fix that way!
fistandantilus4.0
Hey, we love lurkers. Always nice to know people think we're doing something well. smile.gif Her games do seem to fill up fast.
Meriss
QUOTE (Plan B @ Apr 30 2007, 05:19 PM)
I keep picturing the Oracle from the Matrix series for some reason... that jive with what you're thinking?

That's her almost perfectly, she gives the impression of knowing everything and everyone. Just sprinkle her speech with plenty of "child"s. And the Oracle from the first movie. (The other two were off somehow) Also, she's more generously proportioned than the Oracle.
Tashio
Sure, ask away I'll answer what I can, I'll also be playing a local of some sort. Not 100% sure where from though.
Meriss
Kewl! Well the link to the Sixth world wiki is here I've got Vesperdene covered, so it's up to you where you want to hail from. Also know any good Afrikaans to English dictionary sites?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Plan B)
character creation allowance to 550, with a stats cap of 270.

Is there still the 50 BP cap on gear? So only 250,000?
Meriss
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
QUOTE (Plan B @ Apr 30 2007, 12:55 AM)
character creation allowance to 550, with a stats cap of 270.

Is there still the 50 BP cap on gear? So only 250,000?

Drek I hope not! I may be over. dead.gif cyber.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Drachen

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Drachen - stats

[ Spoiler ]
Tashio
Looks like you might have to work between a couple sites to get all your translations but this local one seems to be decent enough.
http://www.rieme.co.za/woordeboek.asp?l=2
Athanatos
I'm just lurking too. *In the shadows a mysterious, and somewhat sinister, cloaked figure lurks!!!*

Anyway, I like the idea for the run and the PC's. I did notice that noone seems to have the need for such petty things as essence in their stats lol. I was also wondering why F3.0's Drachen doesn't have the Dragon mentor spirit. It says he doesn't worship dragon after it mentions that he's "tutored" a bit by Dragon it then says that "Dragon led him, spurring him on to try for greater and greater things". It also says "He;s a bit aggressive, like his totem."

I know you can have "tutored by your totem" as an explanation for where you learned your spells, etc, but I thought you had to actually take the mentor spirit Dragon quality. I was wondering where the Impulsive, dayjob, and college education qualities came from.

Not poking holes, I know that i'm not nearly as experienced as Fist, just found it interesting and was curious.
fistandantilus4.0
No, please and thank yous. It was about 1am and I was very sleep quite frankly. He is supposed to be a hermetic w/ the dragon mentor spirit. I missed it. And now I have to find 5 more BP for it. Probably recheck my numbers too.

Impulsive, Day job, and College Education were all from the 3rd edt SR Comp, counting as +10 for Impuslive , +10 for lv 2 Day job (Talismonger shop) and 5BP for College Education.

Might have to give up that college education for my mentor. They demand so much! frown.gif

Thanks Athanatos.
DireRadiant
DES
Desert Eagle Smith
City Rigger, Amerindian Son

CS
[ Spoiler ]

BG
[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
Spoilers are only to save forum space. Gear lists get long.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Plan B)
Ha ha... no. 5 for background & questions, 5 for char. sheet. 10 CSP's not 15. smile.gif

Standard 20 questions?
Redjack
Lemme see here.....

An Italian-American Ork Physical Adept [Redjack]
An Amerindian/Caucasian Human Rigger/Shaman [DireRadiant]
A Tibetan Monk Human(?) Physical Adept of the Invisible Way [SINn]
A Native Human Street Samurai [Meriss]
A American Elf Hermetic Mage of the Dragon Totem [Uncle Fist]
A Native ????????? [Tashio]

Does that look right?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Redjack)
An Amerindian/Caucasian Human Rigger [DireRadiant]

Kinda left off a Shaman in the short description. Sorry my fault.
Meriss
Yup Redack looks good,
Although Tashio would Samurai be appropos for Rave? Or would another word fit better? Maybe Bestryder? Thanks for the site. Although I was kinda looking for slang.
Meriss
OK Boss Lady, here's the stats on Mama D'zingo

[ Spoiler ]

My Char generator says she's 283 BP But it's charging me for the Magician Quality. Feel free to tweak her.
Meriss
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
QUOTE (Plan B @ Apr 30 2007, 03:42 PM)

Standard 20 questions?

Yeah I think so, If you want DireRadiant I can PM them to you.
DireRadiant
These then?
Background
----------
1. Where and in what kind of environment did your character grow up?
2. What are your character’s relations with their family? (Does your character keep in touch? Where are they now?)
3. Does your character have an ethnic background? (Is it relevant to them?)

Appearance
4. What does your character look like?
5. What does your character dress like?
6. What are your character’s physical quirks?

Skills, attributes, resources
7. What did your character always want to be? (How did they go about getting this job/position/ability/image? Did they succeed?)
8. Where and how did your character learn their Active and Knowledge Skills?
9. Where and how did your character get their major equipment and ‘ware?
10. Where and in what kind of place does your character currently live?
11. Who are your character’s contacts? (How did they become contacts? Why do they still talk to your character?)
12. Who are your character’s enemies? (How did they become your character’s enemies?)
13. For Awakened characters, how did your character learn their magic? For non-Awakened characters, how does your character feel about magic?

Personality
14. What are your character’s personality quirks?
15. What are your character’s likes and dislikes?
16. What is your character’s moral code?
17. Does your character have personal beliefs?
18. What are your character’s personal motivations?

Running the shadows
19. Why does your character run the shadows?
20. What would make your character ever leave the shadows?
Lady Door
Those'll work. smile.gif Sorry I haven't been posting as much. We had a lot of errands to do this morning and whatnot. I'll be on more this evening.

I'm also waiting for everyone to get their character sheets to me before I really start the game in force. So, everyone jump on everyone else to get stuff to me. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack)
A American Elf Dragon Shaman [Uncle Fist]

A[n] American Elf Dragon Shaman Hermetic [Uncle Fist]

Also updates stats and RPing under the background sections now that I've had some sleep and have a clearer idea of the character.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012