Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: The Swimsuit Edition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Rione, really like the illustration. Awesomeness.

Here is my ork chick all inked. I took this opportunity to ink and tone with my pen tablet. Its a little sloopier currently than I am used to but it is a start, heh.

Squinky's Swimsuit Ork

Squinky:

...sweet very sweet. grinbig.gif
Wounded Ronin
I can't fap to them because they're apparently all 4th edition. I can only fap to third edition or lower.
Blade
You mean these images scream fixed TN and lack the combat pool sexiness ?
mfb
well, see, they're in 4th ed forum...
Blade
Yes, it's all part of a conspiracy to make SR4 look more sexy than SR3.
Besides, according to most of the illustrations in Shadowrun books, sexy orks girls didn't exist in SR2, and barely existed in SR3. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Ok finally got two of mine done.

Here's the first one, the requested elf in the one piece.

The second one, the troll chica looked decent on paper, but scanned like crap. I might redo this one.
knasser
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Ok finally got two of mine done.

Here's the first one, the requested elf in the one piece.

The second one, the troll chica looked decent on paper, but scanned like crap. I might redo this one.

Woah! That's a mean looking elf and a friendly looking troll.

The elf's face genuinely looks not quite human (in a good way). It's also a great pose and phenomenal expression! Comment on the troll is that there's no idea of scale. She needs a human woman to show how tall she is, or possibly a man would emphasize it more.

Great work! Especially that elf's face!
Kyoto Kid
...I'm impressed notworthy.gif

...fistandantilus, you do some right fine work I must say. I too love the Elf's expression, pose, and the tats. Also, I don't see why a troll babe can't have a smile on her face. Heck, they are so often stereotyped. Knasser is right though, something to show scale would help.
fistandantilus4.0
I was all around dissapointed with the troll honestly. Just wasn't feeling it once I got it started. The machine gun she's holding was what I was putting in for scale, since I modeled it off a real gun that's about 6' long.

I have to redo that one since the scanner I'm using now isn't showing half what my old one did, so I have to be a lto less subtle with things like shading. For the troll her self, I was purposefully going for a sort of bored look.

I was basing it off of this magazine I saw, for RC planes. There's this poor girl on the ocver, probably no older than 20, holding a model plane in a swimsuit. From her attempt at a smile, you can tell she has no idea why she's there or holding a dorky little plane while some guy takes her picture. That's what I was envisioning. All in all though, that one needs a redo. But I didn't want anyone thinking I'd forgotten. Still have KK's Lana to do as well.
MaxHunter
Loved the elf and the troll! Keep them coming...

Cheers.

Max
holychampion
That said, anyone fancy doing a magic wielding elf babe in a one-piece?

I'm in.
fistandantilus4.0
All yours man. I'd like to see what you do with spell effects. biggrin.gif

I gotta do KKs still anyway. I honestly don't know how you keep up with your own drawing request thread, especially now knowing that you have kids. My two year old gets really interested in what I'm doing and crawls all over me.

Edit: Just threw up a pic of Titan, my one and only troll PC for 6 years straight until just last week, to give an idea of what I'll do for the troll in board shorts.
Wounded Ronin
None of them have combat pool, though. Can't someone draw one holding nine d6es? love.gif
Squinky
Fist, very very cool!

I dug around in my folders and found this picture I did back in 2005 for Shadowrun online concept art. Greypawn dosen't seem to be using it anymore so I figure I can post it here:

Elf Mage

Unless my timeline is off, I'm pretty sure since she was made in '05 she would be third edition, smile.gif.

holychampion
o.k. here she is. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55413128/
Hope you like biggrin.gif

Fist. Sorry bout the non-magic, had I seen your post before I inked I would have diffenetly put it in, as a matter of fact I'll work on that.
My daughter is my inspiration, she often spends an afteroon drawing her own favorites while I do my artwork (which is far better than spending an afternoon playing video games.).
oh and dude...you rock! I love the troll Titan.
fistandantilus4.0
@Squinky - love the gnarly elf. Always like to see something different from the norm happy/slinky elf.

@ H.C. - Ialways like your accesorizing. I just did a drawing for Grinder, the windling Ralo on my gallery. His character is new and has very little gear, so there wasn't a lot to add on.
Squinky
Thanks Fist!

HolyChampion, good stuff man. Your inks are look really good on that one.

Here is my attempt at a dwarf sword adept chick. Just a sketch right now. I feel she looks "Dwarf" enough, I tried to make the sword mondo big, gave her wide dwarvish hips, but I might need some background to put her in scale. Depends on feedback I guess smile.gif

Dwarf Swordman adept
fistandantilus4.0
That one looks pretty nice. I liek the proportions. Personally, I love a woman with curves. I was enjoying doing KK's "Lana" until I reread his descrption and noticed she was an elf. Off went the hips for starters. That sucks.[rant] Good hips on a woman are a good starting point for a figure. The whole skinny size 5 crap being rammed down girls throats lately is annoying as hell.[/rant]
Shadow
I thought I would add a bit, all drawings are by Crechebaby.

Decker Elf guy

Hot Shaman Girl

Hot Elf Girl
knasser
QUOTE (Squinky)
Thanks Fist!

HolyChampion, good stuff man. Your inks are look really good on that one.

Here is my attempt at a dwarf sword adept chick. Just a sketch right now. I feel she looks "Dwarf" enough, I tried to make the sword mondo big, gave her wide dwarvish hips, but I might need some background to put her in scale. Depends on feedback I guess smile.gif

Dwarf Swordman adept

Wow! Some good stuff here, but especially this! Squinky - you have to finish this up. Doing a sexy dwarf in a bikini is a rare gift.

@Shadow: I don't think I can include these in the "magazine" as they're not yours?

-K.
Shadow
The artist is my wife biggrin.gif I can have her log on and give you permission if you wish. If you want to use them.
knasser
QUOTE (Shadow)
The artist is my wife biggrin.gif I can have her log on and give you permission if you wish.

Heh! No, that's alright. embarrassed.gif

Thanks for sharing them with us!

-K.
hyzmarca
Wait! None of the sexy trolls have sexy dermal deposits frown.gif The challenge of drawing a sexy trolls in swimware isn't to make a normal sexy people with horns and tusks; it is to make dermal deposits that look sexy.

We need sexy dermal deposits!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ May 15 2007, 09:00 PM)
That one looks pretty nice. I liek the proportions. Personally, I love a woman with curves. I was enjoying doing KK's "Lana" until  I reread his descrption and noticed she was an elf. Off went the hips for starters. That sucks.[rant] Good hips on a woman are a good starting point for a figure. The whole skinny size 5 crap being rammed down girls throats lately is annoying as hell.[/rant]

...frag, I should'a sent you my Dwarf medic Markova instead. Already too many elves in the mix as I feared.
MYST1C
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
The challenge of drawing a sexy trolls in swimware isn't to make a normal sexy people with horns and tusks

My thoughts.

Trolls are not humans with horns and tusks - they are much more massively built with rather gorilla-like proportions.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (MYST1C)
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
The challenge of drawing a sexy trolls in swimware isn't to make a normal sexy people with horns and tusks

My thoughts.

Trolls are not humans with horns and tusks - they are much more massively built with rather gorilla-like proportions.

Now make that SEXY, dang it! wink.gif
Rione
Dermal deposits.... now I'm really tempted to try making that look sexy! (just gotta finish some other projects first)

Among other projects.... in the process of doing another swimsuit pic cool.gif Only this time, I've been spending more time on it, actually getting a solid pose, doing shading, and all in all taking my time with it.

(sadly, 'tis but a dreadlock-hippy cybered elf gal, and no hulking she-troll... but I'm working up to the challenge! biggrin.gif )

It's been awesome seeing all the other art people have submitted here - great variety of styles and talents!
knasser

And more to come, I hope! smile.gif

I'm even tempted to have my annual humiliating attempt at drawing, in which I dig out a sketch pad and pencils and sit down with them for an hour before hurling them at the cat. (Actually, I don't have a cat. I wonder who's it is?)

Looking forward to hippy elf chicks!

-K.
Squinky
I would like to do up a big troll momma before all is done. But tonight I need to ink up a piece for missions that will take me all night I fear frown.gif

Then I'll get the Dwarf chick inked up and probably do the Troll before going back to my art thread to hide smile.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
That one looks pretty nice. I liek the proportions. Personally, I love a woman with curves. I was enjoying doing KK's "Lana" until I reread his descrption and noticed she was an elf. Off went the hips for starters. That sucks.[rant] Good hips on a woman are a good starting point for a figure. The whole skinny size 5 crap being rammed down girls throats lately is annoying as hell.[/rant]

Agreed, totally. My favorite part of drawing a woman is accentuating the hips, there is a lot of "womaness" that can be implied by good hips.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!
Rione
Next up for the swimsuit series...

Dreadlock-Hippy Cybered Elf Gal!

I had fun shading biggrin.gif
enjoy!
Adam
QUOTE (Rione)

Teh win!
fistandantilus4.0
Agreed. That one is awesome . Shading and proporitions look great, love the color tone. The dread locks look really good, and I love the metallic quality to the cyber arm. Great stuff. cool.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Rione @ May 17 2007, 02:20 AM)

enjoy!

Wow! Words fail me. That is just fantastic. And beautiful. There's even some genuine warmth in the face. Just... wow!

EDIT: And the scars are a beautiful touch that make her all the more interesting. Great work!
Rione
Thanks, she was a lot of fun to draw! I had to re-draw that cyberarm a few times, though, before it started looking right... it was worth it in the end, though, because I liked how the metal details turned out. biggrin.gif

Not as much curvitude as the ork, but I was trying for 'lithe' more than 'skinny'. Even so, she does have very skinny thighs (sorries to all the hip-lovers out there!) but since she be of the elven body type, and it fit her char, I went with it. *happyshrug*

Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Rione)

enjoy!

...Oy, and Oy again. eek.gif

Now that is really nice work. Love the expression.

Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Rione)

enjoy!

Oh you're good.
Redspork
You people demanded it, so I deliver. I demand all your Internets as payment...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/Red.../scaryscary.jpg
Kyoto Kid
...nice sketch, Will it be inked?

Don't think anyone will be kicking sand in her face.
Redspork
Sorry, this is the first time I've busted out my art skills in several months, and I've never managed to ink something without it coming out like crap, so there is no inking in the immediate future.
Kyoto Kid
...maybe using softer pencils such as a 2-B or 4-B weight to add some shading? I know that pencil rarely scans well which is part of the reason I haven't posted anything.
fistandantilus4.0
My scanner does bad things to pencil, so I've learned to start inking.At the most basic, it's just tracing. It helps to define the lines, you just have to take your time, as one screw up can ruin the whole thing. I've done that many times. never hapy about it. Just find some old pics to practice on.
Kyoto Kid
...one artist's pencil work that appears to work is Trigger's. Don't know how he does it but a lot of the subtleties actually come out pretty well.
fistandantilus4.0
Better scanner, darker pencil, pushing harder, better feng shui.
mfb
that could simply be a higher-rez scanner. one thing to make sure of, when you're scanning pencils, is that you're scanning in greyscale or even full color, rather than black and white. pretty basic, i guess, but it took me a while to figure out back when i first used a scanner.
Kyoto Kid
...I'll have to PM him.

Back to the topic. Humans have been noticeably missing so far and there's already been too many elves.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm still working on Lana... your elf.
MaxHunter
Hey Rione, I have just seen your elf... You are very good! loved it! Interesting backstory even!

Cheers,

Max
Mongoose
QUOTE (Redspork @ May 19 2007, 04:14 AM)
You people demanded it, so I deliver. I demand all your Internets as payment...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/Red.../scaryscary.jpg

That's actually not half bad- certainly not quite human. A bit delicate for a troll, but she is a swimsuit model, after all; its not like she invested build points in strength and body.

If you had it to do over, make the shoulders a bit broader and the arms even a bit longer. Inhumanly broad shoulders are a defining troll feature; their skeletal structure just ain't like a normal humans.

And for scale, how about something a bit more immediatley recognizable than a fictional gun (which really could scale to any size)? Like say, maybe a 1800cc custom Harley chopper with troll adapted controls- which would look like a pocket-bike next to that girl. She could stradle it and not even touch the saddle... rotfl.gif

Remember, your target male audience for this picture is a guy who is maybe 11 feet tall and can bench press 800+ lbs, and weighs at least that much himself. He's probably sick of looking at elf girls who would break if he touched them.
Rione
My own take on pencils:

There's definitely a certain amount of scan-fu and 'shop-jutsu involved to prevent graphite-drawn art from being mangled - lost detail, lost contrast, lost intensity - in the digitizing process. The problem I personally tend to have straight off is that the scanned pencil art is too light, and lacks a lot of the contrast the real drawing had.

So for scanning, I do what mfb suggested above (scanning in full color usually).

In photoshop*, I always play around with levels first. Because graphite is a bit reflective, it tends to show up lighter when scanned than it does irl, and moving levels around allows you to reduce the shine and increase the contrast. Getting that contrast back initially is really good to do before moving on to other fun things, like digital cging.

After levels, I also play around a bit with copies of the background layer. This is a very fun step, and each picture I do gets a unique treatment. One common step with pencils is that I usually try to do something so that the lineart and shading doesn't appear quite so grainy. There are many ways to do this, and a lot of it is just experimentation with what looks best with the image. I usually set the blend mode to either darken, multiply, or overlay when playing with the basic art.

So if you don't feel like inking, you can still get an expressive drawing with graphite without dealing with the common drawbacks - overly bright lines, low contrast, and grainy texture when zoomed in.

(the elf pic was all done in pencil; my roommate recommended shading it that way, rather than inking it. When it was first scanned, it was just as light as redspork's pic)

Speaking of which, awesome nose on the troll girl, Redspork!

*quick note, if you aren't a photoshop user, just skip this part. if you do have photoshop, and want a more detailed description, let me know. finally, there are a lot of excellent computer programs out there for working with art other than photoshop, but it just happens to be the one I've got the most experience with using.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012