Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [XBox360]Halo 3 Beta
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Bull
Soooo... Anyone else either manage to snag a pass into the Halo 3 Beta, or do like I did and buy Crackdown for it? smile.gif

Crackdown was much the fun, so I consider it worth it, even without the beta pass.

Anyways, just finished downloading it. My Live handle's Bulldrek if anyone wants to look me up. smile.gif

Bull
Caine Hazen
One day I'll have to buy me one of them new fangled consol gaming thingys...

Too bad they aren't testing the cross compatability with PC to X360- I'd have signed up for that
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Caine Hazen)
One day I'll have to buy me one of them new fangled consol gaming thingys...

Too bad they aren't testing the cross compatability with PC to X360- I'd have signed up for that

doubt they'll ever have anything ported to the wii. it's the only i have and it'll be a looong time before considering the other consoles. hmmm... very different to post via a game console. smile.gif
Moon-Hawk
I played it last night. Not for very long, though.
It was pretty. I didn't have much time to look at the scenery, I was kind of busy getting killed and subsequently humped by the Chief.
I realize it's impossible for me to have a fair opinion of the beta, because I hate Halo multiplayer. Possibly because I suck at it, but that's sort of a chicken/egg scenario.
So all in all I was kind of disappointed by it, but as I said, that's a pretty biased opinion.
The graphics were definitely better, but graphics are low on my list of priorities for a game. The Halo games have always had great music, but I didn't really get to hear much.
There were some different guns. I didn't play long enough to play with the laser, so I can't comment on that, unfortunately. No overwhelming surprises out of anything I'd seen. The bubble shield is interesting.
The ATV is neat, although I didn't see them being used much.
The thing I would've really liked to see the most would be the AI. Of course, it was multiplayer, so there wasn't any. Just the same good old fasioned corpse-humping intelligence that we all know and, um, well we know it.
I'm not surprised that the AI and the enemies aren't finished. For me Halo has always been about the single player and co-op modes, and I never liked multiplayer much anyway, so the beta was pretty ho-hum, but I'm still anxiously awaiting September 25th.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012