Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GM/Player in MPLS looking for Twin-Plex Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
MasterCrow
Hoi

I'm in the Minneapolis area. I have been a GM for over 15 years. 3rd Ed. with 4th Ed mods. Nearly completed our Minneapolis Sourcebook. Looking for gamers and GM's to work with and game with. My girl has also been GM'ing for about 8 years.

Find me.
Crow
Kyoto Kid
...unfortunately I live some 1800 miles to the west, however I think it is cool you are working on your own local hometown sourcebook. I have been toying with doing up my former hometown (Milwaukee). I have a lot of notes in various Word files but nothing really organised. The only thing is I am in the thick of running a campaign set in Europe at the moment so that's kind of on the back burner for now.

Been to the Twin Cities a lot when I lived back in the Midwest & it would be interesting to see your take.

I did write sort of a Portland (TT) "handbook" way back before the "Official" TT sourcebook was released and have been contemplating updating it to 2070 since there is so much has changed and there currently very little out there on the post Crash Tir.
Jrayjoker
Well, I am in St. Paul. I am in an established group, but I know there are a few others around here who have been looking over the past year or so. Good luck.
MasterCrow
Well....with approx. 1200 mainstream NPC's profiled and 200+ runners that have passed through the "Twin-Plex" over the past 10 years of play, the Target:Minnesota book is inevitable. I, and a few of my Old-skool gamers would adore a Wisconsin and Missouri Source Book. Louisiana would kick some @$$. I'm really surprised that no one has made one yet, considering how much goes down in Nawlins...lol

But Shadows of North America had a blurb in it about Minnesota, it was small but made me chuckle. It states that Minneapolis/St.Paul is one of the major Smuggler Havens. More like an old-west town, than a metroplex... Well, in ours, there is another major city in our fair state that is more qualified to be a smuggler town. Can anyone guess which one? *chuckles*

As far as you're concerned Jrayjoker... I envy you an your established group...lol I'm hopin' to find some decent players soon...

Kyoto Kid
...ahh, could that be Duluth? Or maybe Moorehead?

Let me see what I can do about getting some semblance of organisation to my Milwaukee SB data in the next coming weeks. No pics unfortunately (don't have a working scanner at the moment) Like your sourcebook I have taken a few liberties with the setting myself to include an Aerospace firm, and several large manufacturing interests. Oh, & S-K has a definite "presence" in the old Third Ward.

The section on lifestyle & entertainment is appropriately titled Take the Chipheads Bowling©".

There is also a segment on Mad Town" as well.
edrift101
Do you have a web site or any printed materials available?

I am currently running a monthly game here in Minneapolis and toyed with the notion of creating this type of content, but couldn't dedicate that much time to it. Needless to say, I would love to take a look.

How often do you run your game? and are you looking for additional players? I'd gladly dump the D&D game that I've been playing for something like this.

edrift101
Oh, I should mention that I worked in the industry for over a decade developing games, events for GenCon, etc...

I'm also an artist and know a couple other fools who love to illustrate Shadowrun characters and the like. smile.gif

Here's a link to my blog/BBS page, where I have my current and old players role-playing there characters and interacting with the news, if your interested.

Link: http://fromtheshadowsrpg.blogspot.com/
holychampion
I live in the MPLS area! Golden Valley! And I would greatly be interested in meeting with a potential gaming group. PM me please! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012