Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Netbooks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Chibu
Alright, here's the deal. I've been scouring the universe for copies of Netbooks old and new. I want to get them together and put them in a place where they can be accessed. easily by everyone. I want people to be able to get information and resources easily without having to do what I've done. I've gotten gigabytes if files only to throw most of them away as duplicates, misnamed, or broken files. I'm finally gotten a few things together, namely the 6 Plastic Warriors books, and two of the N.E.R.P.S. Books. These can be found at: http://www.chibu.net/SR/PW & http://www.chibu.net/SR/NERPS respectively.

These are PDF format books. I want to get things into an easy to read, portable format, so i think PDF is really the only way to go. Alright, if anyone can/wants to help me with this great. Otherwise I'll keep looking and eventually make a website for the books. If anyone HAS other books, I'd be really greatful for them to add to the archive.

Other books I have:
The Adept Handybook
Gun Production Line
Wordman's Ultimate Shadowrun Equipment List
VR3 - Tech Primer
Weapons of Shadowrun

NAGEE 1,3,4,5 & the 1-6 compilation

Books I'm working on:
A revised Adept Handybook
A book of Edges and Flaws
A couple of campaign books that i'll probably never finish
And a book on magic

So, what I ALSO want to do, is get a new group together and start publishing more books. I don't know of any books compiled in the past... 5 years or so. Oh, funny story... I don't particularly want to make them for 4th Ed since well, I don't have it and haven't read it or know the system well enough to do anything like that. I want to make them 2/3 Ed compatible.

EDIT: You can check out the beginning of one of the campaign books I was working on awhile back if you'd like. It's up at http://www.chibu.net/SR/chibu so, go look at it. And yes, Windling runners would be sweet =D
omi_aoine
Our group has recently released our so called "Einbrecher Kompendium" which is basically a Cannon Companien for burglar tools and other stuff.
But we've only written it in german.
Chibu
I assume you don't want to translate it, eh? And well, I don't actually know German, so if it's long at all, I won't probably be able to nyahnyah.gif But, if you want to let it out onto the net, I can easily host it for you. And if you don't I would still like a copy if that's possible.

EDIT: Actually, two of the people in my running group DO know some German... I think we might be able to get it translated if you'd like. =D

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, so I found it on your site. I didn't see it at first becuase it was written as one word and you wrote it as two, but I have it now. Looks nice. The only thing I don't like about it, (and this is only a matter of opinion) is that it's not in two columns nyahnyah.gif I suppose I'm just used to seeing the other SR books like that. It's not a problem or anything. I like the stuff in it though. ^-^

To anyone reading this thread, you can send netbooks to me at Netbooks@chibu.net and I'll get them online ASAP unless asked not to. So, yeah. Basically, I want to see the fan publishing community come back so I'll do whatever I have to to make that happen.
Meriss
Any chance you might be converting the old stuffs into 4th edition
Chibu
QUOTE (Meriss)
Any chance you might be converting the old stuffs into 4th edition

That's very unlikely... As I said, I don't have the book, nor know the rules well. I mean, I'm sure it's possible... But As I don't, and doubt I ever will, play 4th Edition, I don't think I'll ever have the motivation to do that. Sorry =\
Chibu
QUOTE (omi_aoine)
Our group has recently released our so called "Einbrecher Kompendium" which is basically a Cannon Companien for burglar tools and other stuff.
But we've only written it in german.

Ok so, I've been talking to some people RL and we think we can translate it. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to send us the source files you used to make it (like the word file or whatever you used) so we can translate it and get an english version. It takes me too long to read German, and I only get about half of it. It looks like an awesome book though =D
Link
QUOTE (Chibu)
I'm finally gotten a few things together, namely the 6 Plastic Warriors books, and two of the N.E.R.P.S. Books.

These are PDF format books. I want to get things into an easy to read, portable format, so i think PDF is really the only way to go. Alright, if anyone can/wants to help me with this great.

I want to make them 2/3 Ed compatible.

The only 1 on my HDD that I didn't see on your list is 'The Player's Guide to SR House Rules' - Plastic Warriors 0007.
It's an .rtf but I could send it as a pdf (or both) if it helps.
And 1 Ed too, where applicable wink.gif
Chibu
QUOTE (Link)
The only 1 on my HDD that I didn't see on your list is 'The Player's Guide to SR House Rules' - Plastic Warriors 0007.
It's an .rtf but I could send it as a pdf (or both) if it helps.
And 1 Ed too, where applicable wink.gif

That would be great. And rtf is fine, i can convert it if you don't feel like it. ^-^
Link
How do send?
Chibu
You can send it by email to: netbooks@chibu.net
omi_aoine
@Chibu

Sure, no problem, the files are all typical word-docs, so it should not be a problem for you guys to work with it.

If you could be so kind, and send me a eMail to: omi_aoine@-remove-this-gmx.at, then i will send it to you as soon as possible!
Sahandrian
I tend to collect PDFs whether or not I'll ever use them, so I have a ton...

The rules cheat sheets by Plastic Rat...
Probably every PDF to ever appear on Blackjack's site...
Several adventures from various forgotten places on the net...
A list of magical groups from I don't know where...
Every TSS, probably everything from Plastic Warriors, and probably everything from NAGEE...

I can't even identify half these things anymore. Ask and I may have it.

There's one called "The Rhythm Underground" that I don't even remember downloading, or what it is. Anyone know that one?
Chibu
Well. If you want to check out http://www.chibu.net/shadowland everything I have is up there. Well pretty much. So, if you have anything that's not there (rules cheat sheet by Plastic Rat, Blackjack's stuff [since he's offline now], any adventures you have) I would like it to make it available to people online. Pretty much anything you have that's probably shadowrun related (or earthdawn, but i don't think i know of any netbooks for ED), I would very much like to have it. Uhm, as always, anything can be sent to netbooks@chibu.net and I'll put it online after looking it over and typing up some info about it.

I THINK i have everything from TSS, though I obviously can never be sure as I keep finding out about things that I'd never heard of before I started this project. But really, since my aim is to get everything in one place for people to access, I want anything and everything that anyone can contribute. So, if you have the time and bandwidth to send it to me, I will make sure anyone else who's looking can get access to it as well.

So, unless I know what you have, exactly, the best i can tell you is that I want anythign I don't have, or if You don't feel like sorting feel free to send it all and I can sort it out. But yeah, if email doesn't work for you, i can probably find some other way for you to get them to me, like ftp or something. But yeah, I type too much, so i'm gonna stop now nyahnyah.gif
Sahandrian
There, an email with about 10 MB of assorted files in a zip should be headed your way.

Edit: Or there should be. I might have to split this up if even gmail is having trouble.

Edit 2: There it goes.
Wordman
QUOTE (Chibu)
Alright, here's the deal. I've been scouring the universe for copies of Netbooks old and new. I want to get them together and put them in a place where they can be accessed. easily by everyone.

You mean like on on Thor?
eidolon
QUOTE (Wordman @ Jul 11 2007, 08:06 AM)
You mean like on on Thor?

Kinda, but on a good website. wink.gif

biggrin.gif

j/k, I like and have grabbed stuff from both. I'm just a sucker for that "old school sourcebook" design.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012