Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rambo: First Blood Part II Interactive Fiction
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=879

Wow, this is absolutely legendary! Someone made a text based interactive fiction Rambo game.

I can hardly wait to play it!

>shoot man
>shoot man
>shoot man
>rraaaaaaaaaahhh!
>hide behind tree and knife man
>perform acrobatic explosion-avoiding jump
>raaaaaaaaaaahhh!
>depress M60 trigger for 20 seconds
>raaaaaaaaaaahhh!
Kagetenshi
Post the text of your play-through!

~J
Wounded Ronin
Shoot, man. Is there any way to copy and paste text from a DOS IF game?
hyzmarca
Using a keylogger to capture your keystrokes will work if you're just after the commands and not the game text.
Wounded Ronin
Yeah, but that probably wouldn't be very funny without the context of the text that the game is spitting out.
hyzmarca
Thankfully, someone has already posted the entire correct route.

Although the correct route isn't as funny as being killed by the helicopter a dozen times in a row.

Edit:Now this is one of the most annoying text adventures ever made. Your timing must be exact because the helicopter shows up a regular intervals and if you are caught on a screen where you can't hide it'll just shoot you dead.
Wounded Ronin
Wow, that's fairly ridiculous. Do you have the link? I feel like this thread has built up to having the walkthru posted.

(By the way, shouldn't "shoot helicopter with compound bow" always be a valid option for Rambo?)
hyzmarca
I thought I did.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/fi...le/928579/37071

Unfortunately, a perfect walkthrough is not nearly as hilarious as dozens of death messages because you have to specifically fire the gun (if it is in Rambo's hands) at something because the game doesn't understand that people usually shoot things with the guns that are in their hands.
Wounded Ronin
I object to the apparent differences between "punch" and "hit, and also to the need to type "get knife quickly" rather than just plain old "get knife." "Hmm, I'm engaged in mortal melee combat with a member of the Soviet military. I will, however, choose to get knife slowly instead of quickly in order to demonstrate my thoughtful way of going about things."

Also, the "flip" command is funny.
hyzmarca
I object to the fact that shoot self, stab self, cut self, and kill self, commands simply don't work.

What kind of adventure game is it where the slightest misstep is lethal but you can't commit suicide in a gruesome manner no matter how hard you try?

What ever happened to the long tradition of "use sword self" dozens of times in a row before it gets boring?
Wounded Ronin
Maybe the game is acting like a GM in a tabletop game.

"No, you can't put the M60 in your mouth and depress the trigger. That's out of character! Rambo wouldn't do that! He's a survivor and by attempting to act out of character you're trying to screw with my unique and wonderful storyline that I am subjecting you to!"
hyzmarca
"But the original ending of First Blood had Rambo committing suicide. They only changed it so that they could milk the sequels!!!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012