Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question on gun type
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
sunnyside
Oh having a nuke as a small country is good stuff. Sure if you just randomly nuked somebody the other superpowers might come down on you.

But what if you're doing something the UN doesn't like? Such as invading your neighbor using conventional weapons. Might having nukes help get the US of your back? I've got a feeling it'll help quite a bit.

And of course you don't have to announce when you nuke someone. My predictions for the future are.

1. Iran gets nukes.
2. Iran "loses" some nukes when "terrorists" attack one of their facilities.
3. Holocaust II: Hell on Earth in the Holy Land
4. Iran "Vows to bring those responsible to justice" Repeatedly and often.
5. Nobody gets brought to justice. Including Iran.

knasser
QUOTE (2bit)
hmmm.... world's shortest thread is now well into its second page. . .

Yeah. That might have been an error on my part, though I suppose it was tempting fate. I was expecting someone to post back "yes."

I hereby declare the original question answered and that this thread is now free to all topics. wink.gif
hobgoblin
thanks for that knasser silly.gif

as for holocaust II. something tells me there will not be much left of iran either, as i have a feel that when the nukes start poping, the israeli systems will go into automated mode and just fire of in all directions.

even if the big bears have cooled down (somewhat, the latest from the russian side could well be a political molotov cocktail) the young upstarts still wants to be in on the game. its like watching a super-sized turf war...
mfb
i think i found an example of an assault cannon. you wouldn't, i don't think, want to try firing this thing from an unsupported position, even if it were somehow cut down to be man-portable. according the SR stats, an assault cannon is basically a sniper rifle on steroids; this thing seems to fit that description pretty well.
hobgoblin
looks like they took the 88 and scaled it down to be man portable nyahnyah.gif
BGMFH
QUOTE (Spike)
As for the hip fired 60mm... standard option for it. They even call the tube a Cannon. The mortar guy that told me about it said it 'wasn't fun'... but I suspect he isn't a fan of things going boom, oddly enough. Either than or he is a mortar man because he likes keeping mountains between him and the guy he's shooting at... grinbig.gif

I carry the cannon... and while joking about hip firing it is fun... It'd hurt... badly. Now, supporting it against the corner of a wall is a different story.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (kzt)
Russia was and is a much more corrupt society and the post commie breakdown was pretty severe. I know of a guy who claims he brokered multiple semi-loads of weapons from East Block bases after the war to group of somewhat crazed right-wing Italians. Dirt cheap.

While over-dramatized and of debatable bias, the movie Lord of War has the basics correct. The Eastern Bloc countries in the post cold-war era have been simply bleeding small arms out every pore as dealers flocked to move formerly-soviet stockpiles into every conflict area they can muster to.

What was interesting to me was the "making of" segment in the DVD. Apparantly they could not obtain enough fake weapons from hollywood prop makers. So a large amount of the firearms and equipment you saw in the films were the actual, genuine deal. They were 'rented' from arms dealers for the production, including all those AKs in those warehouses of the main character's uncle, and the line of tanks in one scene, and the cargo aircraft that they had to force-land (although the stripped version was a prop).

all I have to say is that "the worlds shortest thread." is already over 3 pages long. grinbig.gif
Nocturne
Clearly that means we need to work on bulking up all the other threads. That's the only way this one will live up to its claim.
knasser
QUOTE (Nocturne)
Clearly that means we need to work on bulking up all the other threads. That's the only way this one will live up to its claim.

That's easy. I'll post how mages are overpowered on half of them, and you post how samurai are better in the rest. We'll be in the hundreds in no time. cool.gif
IvanTank
Nah, just let the drop bears thread donate some posts, it has more than enough to go around
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012