Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Why do I got to be Mr. Pink?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Shadow
Rule Number One: No Sigs in the IC Post.

Rule Number Two: No foul, profane, obscene, or otherwise 'bad' language. Keep it PG13 circa 1990. Use SR profanity if you want to use anything.

Rule Number 3: I AM THE LAW.

Right now I am setting up the background for the game, please DO NOT post IC till I give the word.

Feel free to chat here in OOC, repost characters if you wish and make any last minute changes. The game will officially start tomorrow. Please post here before posting IC.

I am going to try and award Karma weekly which you will be able to spend immediatly. The only change I am making to the rules is that training and training time will not be needed. That is because the nateure of a PbP game does not allow for such down time.

Please make two lists on your character either here or on the Wiki (MJ please post the link again). The first is standard weapons and equipment you carry around on a normal day or to a meet, the other is your on the job gear.
fistandantilus4.0
Nightshade

[ Spoiler ]

Daily Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Run Gear
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Hiroki Watanabe

- Character Sheet

- Daily Gear
[ Spoiler ]

- Running Gear
[ Spoiler ]
JDragon
Satchel

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Daily
[ Spoiler ]

Running
[ Spoiler ]

These Lists may change once Satchel becomes aware of the details of the job, but this is his default packages.
JDragon
@Mister Juan

Here is additional information on Satchel for the Wiki and the rest of the team will know.

[ Spoiler ]

So anyone put any thought on how the group handles combat situations?

Satchel can handle close or ranged combat but he's going to be much more useful at longer range vs close combat.

JD
fistandantilus4.0
Satchel and Hiroki seem to be our heavy hitters. At first glance, I'd say those two front line, with Nightshade on second line, perhaps coordinating.

Mandy as our driver/computer geek could do good as overwatch, drone back up, and coordination with Nightshade running tactics. I forget who our last man is. frown.gif
carjack_malone
Me, sorry. I started a new job and been dead tired. I'll have the Hacker posted here shortly and, sorry for holding things up.
Shadow
No Problemo
Meriss
Yeah Mandy's still in final Tweaking gear, I'll be ready no worries on my part. Mandy can also toss off a round or two from her Fichetti if things get hairy.
carjack_malone
I'm giving M.D. (Doc) wired reflexes 1 , Muscle Toner 2 and, a Smartlink....So that he can kind of live up to his idol (and his fantasy world). So, no worries on the 'but can he handle himself in the meat world'
fistandantilus4.0
Ok, so Doc is some sort of combat hacker then? We'll lok at it like this then:

Satchel and Hiroki are our point men, taking the first shots in the round, etc, while Nightshade and Doc move as the second pair. Or perhaps swap Hiroki with Doc.

Two in front, being the point men, two basically batting clean up. The second team holds actions, watches the field of combat, looks for who's causing trouble, or who's been shot but not put down, that sort of thing.

Mandy hangs back as sweeper, basically back up, applying pressure where needed, hacking targets smart links in combat, that sort of thing. Sound liek a plan?

Carjack, you'd know Doc's capabilities better. Would you say first or second string for him?
carjack_malone
I'm inclined towards second string (He's a hacker after all) but, if he's chipped up on a P-Fix....he'll probly want to be up front. It makes more sense for him to be second though as he'll hack on the fly making his way up to the action.

He'll have 2 favorites:

Doc Holiday in which he is a smart-alec and cocky gunman (most likely on this one)

or

Josie Wales in which he is a mean spirited pistolaro (like in the Movie Outlaw Josie Wales) He'll chip that one when its a real bad situation.
fistandantilus4.0
Looks like I miscounted anyways. I forgot to add in Mr Jaun/Jiro.

Jiro seems more small arms, Satchel larger.

Put them at first string t ocompliment each other.

Hiroki and Nightshade are both a step up from there, in similar combat styles and armamemnt. Second string.

Doc as sweeper. Kind of "where the action is", goes where he's needed. Mandy as the heavy weapons back up, using the drones.
JDragon
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Looks like I miscounted anyways. I forgot to add in Mr Jaun/Jiro.

Jiro seems more small arms, Satchel larger.

Put them at first string t ocompliment each other.

Hiroki and Nightshade are both a step up from there, in similar combat styles and armamemnt. Second string.

Doc as sweeper. Kind of "where the action is", goes where he's needed. Mandy as the heavy weapons back up, using the drones.

I like it.

Good break down, and should help us actually act like a team thats been running together for a while.

I'm guessing its going to be safe to assume we have a solid / secure set up for communications for the team in place and that everyone has appropriate contact #'s and codes for the whole team?

JD
Mister Juan
Jiro Osamu

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Daily Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Running Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan
One thing I'd like to suggest: we might want to be using micro transceiver for inter-team communication on the field, instead of commlinks.
Mister Juan
It would also be a good thing to establish a few other SOP (standard operating procedures) our team might have.
Exemples:
-SOP if things go south (do we all break off and regroup at a predetermined place predetermined time? what if someone gets caught? etc...)
-SOP for any sort of meet (be it pre or post mission) with an employer: do we all sit in on the meet? if not, who hangs back? who's the "face"? Who's overwatch? etc...
fistandantilus4.0
Nightshade has etiquette at 2, Con at 4, and charisma of 5. WEll, the adept version.

The mage version would have a higher ettiquette and charsima as he's an elven path mage. As much as I like him as an adept, I think he'd be a bit redundant.
carjack_malone
QUOTE (JDragon)

I'm guessing its going to be safe to assume we have a solid / secure set up for communications for the team in place and that everyone has appropriate contact #'s and codes for the whole team?

JD

I can put an encryption program on our secure net (I'll handle the security) as well as maybe a databomb on the OS if someone gets that far to hack.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (carjack_malone)
QUOTE (JDragon @ May 24 2007, 06:05 PM)

JD

I can put an encryption program on our secure net (I'll handle the security) as well as maybe a databomb on the OS if someone gets that far to hack.

Sounds like a plan. I know next to nothing concerning the hacking rules for SR4... I can't seem to wrap my head around that chapter wink.gif Bad habit from SR3 I guess nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
SOP if things go south (do we all break off and regroup at a predetermined place predetermined time? what if someone gets caught? etc...)

I've got one disposable low life style flop house already. It only costs 1 Bp to have a lwo life style spare for 2 months. No reason eveyone shouldn't have one. Simply split in to three groups, to make it easier, have them be our combat groups, go dive in to one of the flop houses, and contact via a matrix drop box.

SOP for any sort of meet (be it pre or post mission) with an employer: do we all sit in on the meet? if not, who hangs back? who's the "face"? Who's overwatch? etc...

I've got social skills, but no negotiation.
Shadow
encryption pretty much means you WILL NOT get hacked during combat as the interval is 1 turn and could take as many as 12 - 15 turns to hack.
JDragon
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
SOP if things go south (do we all break off and regroup at a predetermined place predetermined time? what if someone gets caught? etc...)

I've got one disposable low life style flop house already. It only costs 1 Bp to have a lwo life style spare for 2 months. No reason eveyone shouldn't have one. Simply split in to three groups, to make it easier, have them be our combat groups, go dive in to one of the flop houses, and contact via a matrix drop box.

This sounds like a good plan.

As soon as I have some spare cash I'll do the same.

For now I have 2 complete fake SINs with Licenses that cover all my equipment.

Satchel has no Negotiation skills and crap for Charisma, he normally just sits in back and looks unhappy or netural on a good day. :-)

Redjack
Ok so here is a tactical team distribution that part of us have been discussing:
Team #1: Nightshade & Jiro
Team #2: Doc & Hiroki
Team #3: Mandy & Satchel

Team #1: Recon Team; Light-armed or no visible arms.
Team #2: Perimeter security and first responders; Moderate, concealable arms.
Team #3: Evacuation & extraction; Vehicles & heavy weapons.

fistandantilus4.0
I assume that plan works in reverse when going directly in to a combat situation? smile.gif
Redjack
When we know its balls to the walls, you bet. Send in the brick and the Dobermans first!!
Shadow
Ok 4pm today Final characters are do.
Meriss
Mandy is 90% Just a few more drones, I didn't like em at first, but now I'm hooked.
Meriss
Amanda "Mandy" Pinkerton
[ Spoiler ]

Daily Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Run Gear
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack)
When we know its balls to the walls, you bet. Send in the brick and the Dobermans first!!

For the record, none of my chraacters wil lever be putting any of their genitalia against walls or any other unyiedling inanimate surface. So if it comes up Mr Gm, remember that my balls are in fact not against the walls, even if all the other kids are doing it.

I didn't like em at first, but now I'm hooked.

Drones are awesome.
carjack_malone
Posted sheet in Recruitment. I'll add here.

Doc Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
QUOTE (Shadow)
Ok 4pm today Final characters are do.

Is everyone in? Are we starting tonight? biggrin.gif
carjack_malone
I got in under the wire lol but, I did it.
Meriss
So when are we starting Shadow boss?
fistandantilus4.0
SShhhhaaaaaaaadddooooooowwwww....... Oh Shaaaaadooooowwwwww? Where areeeee youuuuuu? biggrin.gif
Shadow
Sorry guys I had to run to Palm Springs for the weekend, I will be back in SD Monday night, game will start bright and early Tuesday morning.
fistandantilus4.0
A likely excuse wink.gif
Mister Juan
By and by; I'd just like to warn everyone that I will be moving on the 1st of June. So my online presence might be a little flaky during that time.
Shadow
OK going to get the ball rolling and were going to start the game "in progress" so be ready.
carjack_malone
Yay!!!
JDragon
Ready to Rock & Roll. biggrin.gif

JD
Redjack
Ditto.. Rock me, Roll me!
Shadow
Two things, once I post you all get one post to describe what you do to get ready for the meet. So make your post count.

The other is no darn colors. I don't want to see a rainbow ever freeking post.
Meriss
Got it boss. How do you want to differantiate thoughts and stuff, then?
Rollin'... rollin... rollin' (sung to the tune of Limp Bizkit's Rollin)
Shadow
Italics for thoughts.

Feel free to discuss your travel options in OOC with as many posts as you want.
Meriss
@Shadow: Got it.
@PCs: Does anyone need a ride? Mandy will do pickups. The Bulldog is ready to roll. wink.gif
JDragon
@Shadow: How far along do you want the post to take us?

@Meriss: yeah I would say pick me up unless we have a reason to have two cars.

JD
Redjack
@Shadow: Any special uses for bolding?

@Meriss: Hiroki has a Mirage , but he'll ride with the team to the meet.
Shadow
The next post from me is ou ugys arriving at the meeting, so go that far, outside the bar.

You guys can bold or italic whatever you want. I am not going to micromanage your posts, just make it readable.
JDragon
@Shadow - thanks for the clarification.

@Team: sounds like we may want to have some kind of an idea about what order people are getting picked up in so we can have our posts make sense. (at least those riding in the van.)

Satchel lives in East Bellevue just a few miles from the border of the Redmond barrens. He can be ready with in 90 minutes from reciving the message from the fixer. Not that we need to be leaving that early.

Also I'm thinking including a few comm calls/text messages in the posts to show arrangements my be a good idea. (if we want to worry about those details)

JD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012