Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Witch Hunt 2: OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
2bit
This is the OOC thread for Team B in the game "Witch Hunt". If you're interested in joining the game in progress, please post in the thread "Recruiting: Witch Hunt". Enrollment is currently: CLOSED

This story is set in a slightly altered timeline. For details, please read the first few posts in the master OOC thread, Witch Hunt: OOC

Witch Hunt Team B is:
Tyler James (Trigger) - human, merc
Ether (KoneV) - human, hacker
Mr Whisper (djinni) - human, merc

Posting Instructions

"Speech" [cyan]
<Coms (spoken)> [yellow]
<Coms (subvocal)> [violet]
<Text Message> [black]
Thoughts [darkkhaki]
Memories [lightgrey]

No sigs in the IC thread, please!

Post a Place, Time [orange] only if your scene is different from the one in the post above yours.

Due to story considerations, none of your characters will begin the game with close ties to one another. All of you, however, know each other, or at the least, know of each other. You may have worked together as Alphas before, seen each other at rallies, have the same friends, etc. None of you are what you would call friends.

Ok - please check in, introduce yourselves, and figure out relationships. Once we have a final body count, make sure we haven't lost anyone, we can begin the IC.
djinni
Reporting for duty!

This guy is incredibly ordinary. Average height, average weight, average features, average sounding. in your business you've seen some of the highs and in the YBR you see alot of the lows, well, hell, most of ya say hi to the lows, everyday, but this guy is so.....so bland? whitebread? so uncannily average that you actually have trouble focusing on him. finding yourself looking for things in his wardrobe, his smell (also incredibly ordinary) that you can use as a topic for conversation, or even just to stare at....Nothing. It was like opening some Corp's matrix model of "the consumer" instead of the flesh and blood man, you assume is really sitting in front of you....Spooky. well now that you think of it there is one thing...just one...a single tiny detail that sets him apart from everyone else...his left eye sometimes pules a heartbeat line across the middle from right to left (it is whenever his cyberware activates, but only a handful know that.)

[ Spoiler ]

alright, he's not very talkative, he frequents a little club called Yellow Brick Road, shakes hands with the bouncer outside, hugs the bartender, and knows everyone's name who's ever worked there, he can be found there every weekend.
plays memory games against the regulars for drinks, and has never lost...yet wink.gif
how do we know of each other?
Trigger
Alpha Tyler James reporting for duty.

{Opening Channel----------->
{Channel Opened--
{Transferring File; Member Transfer: Tyler James
{Transferring----------------->
{File Transfer Complete--
{Channel Closed--

Document Opened:

Name: Tyler James

Tyler James is a full-member of the Sons of Apollo and also a member of the Alphas. His skills are top grade mercenary ranked and he has proven himself many times over to the cause of the Sons. His knowledge of the paranormal and his skill in hunting the threats presented by it are a great asset to any operation performed by the Sons. He may not have the verbal and social skills of many of our members but he is a smart soldier and well worth is blunt speech and crass attitude. Be warned though, his psychological profile shows signs of borderline personality disorder, an addictive personality, and many anger issues. He is being given counselling by the staff psychologist of the Sons, but a general warning still needed to be passed to you. He should be a fine addition to your team.

Long Live The Sons of Apollo,
~Alfred Ancient
djinni
Hi Ty.
do you look the part? big hulking brute of a man that can rip you into pieces? or like the Rural huntsman? what's your specialty? you frequent any night spots in Seattle?
KoneV
Ether present.

Looks: Ether is a fairly short (162 cm), wimpy (50 kg) and dark-skinned Japanese-looking human with obvious (black) cybereyes and white (dyed) hair. Ether is intersexed and tends to look like it – not in the way that combines obvious femininity and masculinity but rather a lack of sex-specific features. Other than that, Ether wears clothes. Usually comfortable ones. On the job, "comfortable" usually means a leather jacket, sports clothes, gloves, running shoes and a commando mask (ski-mask). Ether's voice sounds usually ambiguous enough to earn a second look, except when yelling (when it sounds masculine) or speaking quietly (when it sounds feminine).
Also, sketch 1 and sketch 2.

Personality: Ether prefers text messages and "IRC" to real speech, especially on the job – maybe because of voice, maybe not. Despite having some interpersonal skills, Ether isn't exactly what one would consider "considerate", though obviously Ether tries to not get on the worse side of people. Ether usually talks about terms in scientifc accuracy and without personal commitment or touch. Even if a topic started as personal views and opinions, Ether tends to stray toward the impersonal and universal – or at least theories and hypotheses. Ether seems a little bitter and will rarely, if ever, participate in small talk.
However, once people get on Ether's good side (which isn't all that hard), Ether will become quite friendly, relatively easy-going and will even participate in small talk, provided the issue is of interest. Ether also feels somewhat lonely and likes to sit around people, even if doing nothing otherwise. Then again, Ether doesn't want to be swarmed all the time and also appreciates moments of privacy.

Ether's background and other observations (not anything secret, really):
[ Spoiler ]

Ether goes to Yellow Brick Road sometimes, maybe once or twice a week. That means Mr. Whisper has probably seen Ether at least. Maybe they've even talked? Otherwise ether mostly goes to grills and stuff like that, alone. Of course there's Matrix and plenty of games then, what with being a hacker. That's usually done from the car.

And now for something practical. Do you all mind if I use neo-pronouns of Ether? You know, new words invented to get a gender-neutral third person pronoun into English. My choice here would be the set "ey, em, eir" (straight from "they, them, their"). I can also call Ether "it" (it might be because I'm Finnish, but it really doesn't even sound weird for me to call a person an it) or just not use third person pronouns, like above in the looks and personality bit. Or I can use gendered pronouns, but I'd rather not. In any case, I'll do it the way you want it, so just tell me. smile.gif
At least personal titles referring to one's secondary sexual characteristics won't be an issue since Ether's a "Doctor"!

Starting money: (4d6=19)*50 = 950 nuyen
djinni
what's up doc?
so we can be seen sometimes sitting at the same table in YBR aye? maybe even talking a bit about somethin?
so do ya dance?
what's yer day job? I'm a envelope sealer!
hey can you help me with my commlink...its got alot of spam on it!
KoneV
Yeh, but not "friends" yet, due to story considerations. Let's play it!
Ether does dance, but badly. At least that's what ey says, heh, no concrete evidence yet.

I could've sworn I put this in the last post... weird.
What Ether thinks of mages:
[ Spoiler ]

Oh, also, I'm willing to draw your characters too if you want.
Trigger
Whisper, I am neither the hulking brute nor the skulking rural hick. I am your normal average guy, not much too special about my looks, soka? My speciality is identifying the signs of mojo at work, tracking the bastards down and bringing them in, dead or alive. I know security and security systems. And I shoot, I shoot well. I go out sometimes, but not to anywhere particular. Usually whatever piece of drek bar is closest, blow off some steam.

Tyler has no code name that has ever stuck with him, so I leave it up to the rest of the team to give him one as they see fit. Also, I draw as well and here is a sketch of Tyler (as you may see, he was inspired by another Tyler).

I am also willing to do drawings for you all as well.
djinni
yep yep doc not as good of friends as me and tinman but hey...who knows...tracking down those who would seek to undermine our society has a way of bonding people...
alright ty sounds like we have similar skills, do you have a particular mode of killing?
2bit
Attention Alphas:

Waiting on Saytr to check in and finish his sheet. He's busy, as I understand, but we're going to forge ahead come Monday.

Here are some pieces of info from the Witch Hunt OOC thread which will be good to keep in mind.

QUOTE (Alfred Ancient)
Can we count on you to do what is necessary?

You are a handful out of many Alphas. You estimate maybe two dozen of you in Seattle, but you don't know anyone who knows them all. The public doesn't know about you. Even most policlub members don't know about you. Some have heard rumors. People like Richard Eaves will deny your existance until they're blue in the face. Lone Star, at least in Seattle, has been discouraged from following up investigations into rumors of covert ops linked to the Sons of Apollo. Your average beat cop will never have heard of Alphas. A lot of shadowrunners will have heard of them, but unless they butted heads with alphas personally, they would consider you dangerous mundane zealots.

Because you don't officially exist, there aren't really any alphas meetings. They may meet informaly, or Alfred may call a meeting of several at once, but for the sake of deniability and keeping a low profile, the alphas are decentralized.

The Yellow Brick Road

The Yellow Brick Road is a bar/lounge on the north side of Seattle (Downtown) District.  It's a standalone one-story building on a street corner.  The main entrance is on the corner.  Parking is on the street.  There is a tube station about two blocks away.  A line of yellow-gold neon runs down each side of the building.  The sidewalk in front of the main entrance looks like bricks of gold, and the walls on either side of the main entrance are luminous bars of gold.  Above the entrance is a holo display of a spinning "YBR" logo.  AROs displaying hours of operation, drink specials, and upcoming musical gigs are available near the door.
The interior decor is done up in a gold brick style, and has no relevence to the Wizard of Oz.  It's all about the flash of gold, and lines that suggest speed.  The patrons it attracts are typically single, middle class professionals.
You have done meets with Alfred at the YBR before.  You know that the bar is owned by Sons of Apollo members and its employees are either members or people sympathetic to the cause.

The Sons of Apollo pay their Alphas bounties for unregistered awakened metahumans.  The bounty is based on these factors (subject to change, will edit as we go) which must be proven, either by the Alphas (video, records, etc.) or by the policlub at one of their facilities.  Evidence provided by the Alphas is subject to review.

1- Condition - Dead: 2500 nuyen.gif , alive 8000  nuyen.gif
Tests can be run on the recently deceased to determine if they're magically active or not.

2- Demonstrated Powers - Adept: 500  Astral Seer: 500  Sorcerer: 750  Conjurer/Possesser: 1000
This is ranked according to threat level, as seen by the policlub.  Drugs can be administered to a live patient that force the subject into astral perception, if they are capable of it.  While in this state, certain flora that change color in the presence of astral entities reveal the subject's dual nature.

3 - Advancement - Initiate: 5000  Travelled to a Metaplane: 3000
Those who delve deeper into the madness of Magic are deemed more unstable and dangerous, especially those who have visited the homes of extraplanar entities.  This information is usually gleaned through interrogation and seizure of subject's property, including verifiable personal records.

4 - Greater Threats - Blood Mage: 10,000/60,000  Toxic Shaman: 15,000/100,000  Insect Shaman: 20,000/200,000
The listed bounties are Dead/Alive and replace the normal bounty for awakened.

2bit
Witch Hunt 2: IC thread going up later today! Saytr hasn't given me his final sheet and I haven't heard from him in several days, so I'm dropping him. The first post in the thread has been updated with the final team.
djinni
QUOTE (2bit)
Witch Hunt 2: IC thread going up later today! Saytr hasn't given me his final sheet and I haven't heard from him in several days, so I'm dropping him. The first post in the thread has been updated with the final team.

when can we start posting in that thread? did you want to wait a certain amount of time or can I just jump in and start trying not to make a fool of myself?
2bit
you can post in IC as soon as it's up and as often as appropriate. (But really, the more the better).
djinni
QUOTE (2bit @ Jun 11 2007, 03:39 PM)
you can post in IC as soon as it's up and as often as appropriate.  (But really, the more the better).

I'll try not to be every other post...
<looks up>
oops...
2bit
The Gloria Stein Hotel

The Gloria Stein Hotel (A Hilton resort, which is owned by Brackhaven Investments) is a 5-star place - a competetive choice for upper class visitors from around the world, and a popular place to rent a posh banquet hall for your political fundraiser, convention, art auction, shareholder's meeting, etc. etc. The Gloria Stein is also home to the Black Tulip, arguably Bellevue's best French cuisine. The rooms are all suites, and typically fill up 2 seasons in advance. The decor is Baroque, for that "old money" feel.
djinni
checking the news for anything out of the ordinary that might warrant an immediate call.
2bit
The News Nets are catastophe free. Anything less serious than mass murder or terrorist attack won't show up until the evening wrap-up (23:00).
djinni
QUOTE (2bit)
The News Nets are catastophe free. Anything less serious than mass murder or terrorist attack won't show up until the evening wrap-up (23:00).

IC post is edited to include the nothing on the news.
KoneV
Yay, we're finally going!

I have a feeling I should roll something for checking whether Alfred's message is genuine, but I'm not entirely sure what (electronic warfare, software, forgery? average of all three? :D). Should I use a program or Logic? Guessing it could be an extended test...

Trigger, I'd like it you drew Ether. Always interested to see other people's takes. :)
djinni
yep yep smells like setup to me too...that's why I'm going early...cuz it'll be fun!

something I forgot to ask...
were the recipients of the text message CC'd or BCC'd
or was it a single text message made for us and sent straight to us individually?

I'm just curious about how alfred deals with the setups of jobs how he regards the alphas etc...
2bit
I've been feeling the pinch here at work, spare time has been rapidly decreasing - sorry for the hiatus yall. I've been working on a big post for witch hunt 1 but it's taking forever because of things that come up.

To answer your questions:
@KoneV:
Forgery is used more to determine if a physical item, or an electronic image, sound, etc, has been tampered with - but a text message (email) would more likely be standard hacker magic - Computer + Analyze should cover it.

@djinni:
No additional recipients are visible. As far as you can tell, it was sent to you individually. That's pretty normal.

If you go there now, you'll both get there - let's say - 20 minutes early.
KoneV
No problem, I've been somewhat busy in here too.

Rolled for the examination. Don't know how long it would take or how many rolls I get, but if it's just one test I get, let's take the first one. The number of the rolls I made is equal to the pool. Computer + Analyze (0, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2)

Ether does have that ~1,3 hours while driving, at least... X)
KoneV
I assumed Ether figured the message was real, and that the neighborhood was cool.
djinni
shameless bump?
KoneV
Is 2bit gone?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012