Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Origins 2007 Tournament
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Vagen Karrde
Does anyone know the format of the tournament this year?
I know it's on two nights, but both were available for purchase. Does that mean the tournament is being run twice, or did I just make a really stupid mistake?
the_dunner
It's a bit of an annual problem, actually.

We submit the tournament, explaining to the convention that it's a two night event, with all players advancing to the second round.

The convention (be it Origins or GenCon), acknowledges the format and several months later, puts the tickets up for sale completely ignoring the format.

We've got an e-mail in to them to get things switched so that the second round won't be available for sale and so that things will be properly adjusted. At least, I hope they will.

-John
Kermit the Trog
Which sessions are the tornament? I'm signed up with some friends for 1 game. If we have to prep for 2 I'd like to know. Now the fun part, working up a viable troll technomancer.
the_dunner
The tournament is the 7PM Friday/Saturday night game, with "Shadowrun Tournament" in the title. wink.gif
6811 : Shadowrun Tournament 2007: Spirit Lands  Fri 7:00pm -Fri 10:45pm
6812 : Shadowrun Tournament 2007: Spirit Lands  Sat 7:00pm -Sat10:45pm

As far as creating characters go -- please remember that you only need to bring a character to the Shadowrun Missions games. (Adventures with SRM in the title.) For all other events, we'll provide characters.

Zolhex
Kermit I have a player who found it works better to make an ork technomancer rather than a troll one it's the extra 20 BP you'd get.
Caine Hazen
I've heard strange rumors of the characters being based on "who's run is it anyway?" I pity your souls if that's true wink.gif
Kermit the Trog
QUOTE (the_dunner)
The tournament is the 7PM Friday/Saturday night game, with "Shadowrun Tournament" in the title. wink.gif
6811 : Shadowrun Tournament 2007: Spirit LandsĀ  Fri 7:00pm -Fri 10:45pm
6812 : Shadowrun Tournament 2007: Spirit LandsĀ  Sat 7:00pm -Sat10:45pm

As far as creating characters go -- please remember that you only need to bring a character to the Shadowrun Missions games. (Adventures with SRM in the title.) For all other events, we'll provide characters.

Good. We're in 6851 SRM0213 Take Out Service. As for the troll Technomancer I just want a char that lives up to my name. I'll live with the BP loss for the roll playing. He's also a bit of a buiser.
Zolhex
Well it's not so much the BP loss as it is the loss of power to your complex forms which are needed as a tecnomancer ork just maks for a better choice but your character your call.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012