Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ?'s about quick healer qaulity.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abbandon
If a character takes the quick healer qaulity does that give him bonus dice to heal other people ?? And does it affect natural healing rolls ?

Unrelated question. Does the penalty you get from having cyber on healing rolls apply to natural healing??
Dashifen
A Quick Healer recovers from damage more quickly than other characters do.  The character receives a +2 dice pool modifier to all Healing Tests made on/for/by him, including magical healing.

That seems to answer your question in teh first one. Despite their use of the word "by" in the second sentence, I think they mean that the Quick Healer is up dice when healing his/her own wounds, even if they make the test themselves and it also applies to magical healing and natural healing.

For your second question: no, the reduction in dice pool for cyberware is only applicable for magical healing. Hell, some bioware (e.g., symbiotes) actually help you heal faster, too.
Ophis
There is a listed modifier for reducing healing dice pools for cyber -1/2 points of essence lost.

This is less than the -1/point (or part there of) of essence lost you get for health spells in general.
Abbandon
Yeah but natural healing doesnt use any modifiers where as trying to use a skill to heal damage does.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Ophis)
There is a listed modifier for reducing healing dice pools for cyber -1/2 points of essence lost.

eek.gif

I never noticed that one. My apologies to the original poster.
Demerzel
QUOTE (Abbandon @ Jun 19 2007, 09:41 AM)
Yeah but natural healing doesnt use any modifiers where as trying to use a skill to heal damage does.

On what do you base that statement? You have a quote?
Ravor
Well lets see, there are two ways to go on this, one way goes along way towards making the classical 0.01 Essence Street Sam a Dead Man Walking and the other allows the archetype to continue on with equal footing against Adepts.

Oh, and to top it all off, they mention the table and Modifiers you are referring to everytime they talk about making a test to Heal someone, but yet somehow managed to miss adding it under the section involving Natural Healing?

So what quote do you have saying that Cybered Characters/Magical Characters naturally heal slower then an uncybered mundane?

*EDIT*

Also something else to think about is that I went back through Third's Core as well as Man & Machine's Healing Rules and unless I'm missing something Essence Loss didn't affect Natural Healing in Third Edition either so we have that to look at as well when trying to detremine what the Designer's intent was.
Abbandon
Yeah what Raver said. On pg 242 i think, when they talk about naturally healing stun and physical damage they just say to roll bod+wil or bodx2. Then when they talk about using first aid or medicine they specifically talk about applying modifiers.

So quick Healer should read:
"Whenever a character with quick healer is the target of a healing test(natural or aided) the test gets +2 dice"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012