Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Dice Program?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zen Shooter01
I'm looking to run a game via teamspeak with players in different physical locations. What I need is a Shadowrun dice program that is simultaneously visible to all players on all their computers. If player 2 rolls the dice, the results appear on his screen as well as the screens of players 1, 3, 4, and the the GM.

Anybody know of a program like that?
Dashifen
No, but if you need it (and no one else knows of such a program) I can probably put it together for you. When would you need it? The easiest (read: fastest) way to do wouldn't be exactly simultaneous, but I could probably give you something that would be a delay of nothing more than a few seconds.
Moon-Hawk
Open RPG. It's a virtual tabletop, so it's going to be a whole lot more than you're looking for, but it's free and does exactly what you're asking. There's no reason you'd have to use it's other features. IIRC it even has a "SR4 mode" for the dice roller, but I could be confabulating that.
coolgrafix
If downloading and installing OpenPRG is too much for you (it nearly was for me... I had to also download Python and a Python extension first, sheesh), then I highly recommend Roleplay Online. You would sign up as a GM and your players would sign up as players. You would create a game, and your players would request access to it. They would then create characters (just a matter of assigning a name with optional descriptions and photos). Then all the dice rolling is recorded in a thread similar to Dumpshock. Everything is recorded for posterity and back referencing.

It's not real-time multi-party dice rolling, but it's damn close.

That's my suggestion. =)

coolgrafix
There was also something I had to do to get the OpenRPG SR4 dice roller operable. Don't recall the specifics. =(
Zen Shooter01
So roleplay online has a dice rolling program? It's not players tossing plastic cubes and then typing in the results, right?
coolgrafix
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Jun 26 2007, 12:57 PM)
So roleplay online has a dice rolling program? It's not players tossing plastic cubes and then typing in the results, right?

That's correct. It's integrated into the architecture. Some sample output:

Screenshot with dice rolling results

Dice roller
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012