Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hacker Locales
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Samantha
I have a question regarding the Hacker hangouts on the 'trix. First of all, almost any good location requires you to either A: Hack yourself an account, or B: Get vouched.

Let's say for example, I want to hack myself into ShadowSea. What are its stats? When should I plan on trying it? Can a Technomancer right out of character gen get in?
Ravor
Well in reality it depends on what style your DM is going for, however something to think about is this, your average human will tend to have a Dicepool of 4-6 before Equipment Modifiers so I'd say that your average dedicated Decker should be running a Dicepool between 6-10 before counting her gear.

Of course, if your DM believes that Shadowrunners should be the elite of the elite then of course that won't hold true and you'll need a larger Dicepool or alot of Luck.

However I have decided to use an idea floating around on this board and treat Datahavens as Contacts, so if I were your DM I would advise you to take ShadowlandSea as a Contact at Char Gen.
Aaron
If I owned a hacker club, I'd kind of pattern it after Dante's Inferno, and have different levels. Each level would be increasingly more difficult to get into, but once one was in, she or he would be allowed in without having to hack again. The higher levels would be allowed to see the lower, but patrons in the lower ones would only be allowed to wonder at the mysteries of the higher levels.

As for Matrix sites as contacts, there's a PC in my game with JackPoint as a contact at Loyalty 1 and Connection 1d3 (he posted some extremely interesting information once).
Samantha
Well my only contact right now is a 'fixer'. Basically, she's an owner of a smaller hacker community, not nearly as big as Jackpoint or ShadowSea, but she's pretty popular
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012