Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Con Events
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
MadDogMaddux
So I'm going to be ATTENDING at GenCon this year, instead of working. Means I'll have time to play games OTHER than Battletech, which is exciting.

So I'm definitely planning on some Shadowrun in the mix. But I'm curious. What are SR4 Con events like? What should I expect? Should I bring a character with me?
DireRadiant
Search is your friend.

Or looking at the list of forums.

Dumpshock's Convention information forum
Bull
Moving this to the appropriate forum. Carry on. smile.gif
Lindt
In order:
Depends.
Depends.
No.

Most of the one off events are going to be 4 hours long, with the 3 round tourny being 3 nights for a supposed total of 12 hours (and I'm of the opinion that if any tourny group runs longer then 6 hours over for the total sum should be made to feed their GM drinks at the nearest open bar.) Unless its otherwise noted, (MooCow usually does a BYOC game) you just need your ugly mug and some dice, as charcters will be provided.
the_dunner
To clarify a touch further:

If you're playing a Shadowrun Missions game, (SRM in the title) bring a Missions character. (If you don't have a Missions character, bring a standard 400 BP starting character.)

For all other games, expect characters to be provided. (We didn't schedule Moo's over the top BYOC games this year due to poor turn out last year.)

All games are intended to run for 3:45. (Except for the SRM Scramble, which is 7:45. That one's a bit special as it's part LARP-ish, part tabletop.)

If you think of it, it's worth your time to pay attention to the experience level indicated for each event. For instance -- in Missions games, we're always willing to take the time to teach game rules. OTOH, for the tournament, the adventure is so competitive and time intensive that we simply don't have time for that.

If you've got specific questions, please ask, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread. cool.gif
Samantha
If anyone goes to Stellarcon (In North Carolina) I believe next year's will have a Shadowrun LARP. Last year we did a 7th Sea LARP that went very well, so if you're in the area, drop on by, I believe it's March..something or other.
MadDogMaddux
Thanks guys. I'm quite experienced with Conventions, just never as an attendee, always as a worker.

And I've never actually PLAYED a game of Shadowrun. I've GMed a short campaign for 2 players, but that's no prime example. And yeah, I have no idea how SR games are set up at Cons.

So honestly? I don't even know what to ask, heh. It's a new world for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012