Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DragonCon Gaming Registration
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
RobertB
Hey all. Just spreading the word that online registration for DragonCon should be opening today. There's only one Shadowrun event on the list so far, but I'm sure that will change soon. Pay attention because Shadowrun slots filled up fast last year. (Hmm, maybe I should have waited to get mine first.) wink.gif

Robert (aka Spanner)
Zolhex
God I hope there is more than one other wise what the heck am I doing for 4 slots during the con spin.gif
technonaut
Running more Missions games? smile.gif
Zolhex
Hey Technonaut yep I am down for 4 missions.

Also it looks like as long as a Gm is free and willing you can grap some generic tickets and ask them to run the earlier missions which I'll be happy to do should I get some free time.

Also you saw I'll be at Sci-Fi City the 14th right?
RobertB
Any further word on this? Event submission ends on the 22nd, and still no Missions events on the calendar. As of last week, the coordinator claims he hasn't received any Missions submissions yet. Any info would be great.

Robert
Critias
This is my first Dragoncon, so I don't know how normal this "everyone sign up for everything at the absolute last fucking minute" sort of thing is...but I've noticed it certainly isn't just Shadowrun Mission stuff. It's tough being a "Gencon guy" who's used to everything being written in stone (or at least, written on paid-for tickets) months in advance, and going to D'Con.
the_dunner
Events should go in to the convention in the next few days.
TranKirsaKali
I am really looking forward to running Missions again this year. Can't wait to get last years team together again. Hoping to see the missions up soon so I can make sure that I am in the right ones with everyone.

Kimberly aka Kali biggrin.gif
the_dunner
For those waiting -- all of the CGL Shadowrun events have now been added to the schedule.
technonaut
Dunner, you are only running 15-20 ?
technonaut
If you look at the posted schedule and view them in chronological order, it looks a bit funny, especially since Sara is listed as the GM for every single event smile.gif Somebody may want to check and be sure everything's as expected.
the_dunner
Answering 2 questions --

-Yes, we're only scheduling SRM #'s 15 through 20. Some of the GMs who will be at the con might know other SRM events. If they do, you may be able to persuade them to run extra sessions. I'd encourage bribes of food and (adult) beverages. #15 was released to the website back in May. DragonCon is in September, which means the adventure will have already been in public circulation for 4 months. I'm not comfortable using anything older than that.

-Yes, the adventures are listed correctly. The person who's coordinating our events at DragonCon decided that this was they way to do up the schedule. As I won't be there, (making it "not my problem biggrin.gif ) I didn't think it was worth arguing over.
Zolhex
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Jul 21 2007, 02:23 PM)
Some of the GMs who will be at the con might know other SRM events. If they do, you may be able to persuade them to run extra sessions.

Oh like anyone will have time to run older Missions oh wait it was me who mentioned running the older Missions.

QUOTE (the_dunner @ Jul 21 2007, 02:23 PM)
I'd encourage bribes of food and (adult) beverages.

Oh yeah this is an acceptable bribe (adult) beverages. (I know this guy names Jack we are good friends) grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012