Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaming Podcasts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
SteamPunkBlues
Does anyone know of some worthwhile gaming podcasts? I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, because personally I despise anything d20 and from a romp around my local gaming place the other day that is all that exists right now... but who knows! Maybe there is a Shadowrun podcast somewhere out there, or a podcast with a review of that Aces and Eights I've been meaning to check out. Any ideas?
Angelone
There were a few linked to the site but they seem to be down or well from 2005. I don't know about any more, sorry.
eidolon
www.feartheboot.com Round table discussion gaming podcast.

Hilarious. They're cool guys, too.

Note: although there is a running gag about "Fear the Boot hating Shadowrun", it all stemmed from one random comment from one of the hosts. The one host has played in fun SR games, but isn't a fan really. The running gag gets funnier the more shows you listen to.
1000buffalo
It would be terribly wrong of me to not make my first post here at dumpshock a plug for my own podcast, 2d6 Feet in a Random Direction. biggrin.gif

To make it more topical, our latest episode, Episode 22, is an interview with David and Adam from Catalyst Game Labs, wherein they discuss the Classic Battletech and Shadowrun licenses and product pipelines.

Thanks for indulging me. wink.gif

Brian
Adam
2D6 Feet is highly awesome -- well informed and good banter between the two hosts. It's great for keeping track of upcoming/recent releases, and the reviews are well done. There's none of that annoying "one guy reads the news while the other guys who have no idea what he's talking about" stuff that some podcasts unfortunately engage in.

For gaming style and technique discussions, I enjoy Sons of Kryos a lot: http://www.sonsofkryos.com/

Also, while Paul isn't talking much about non-indie/story game RPGs lately, Have Games, Will Travel is still an excellent show, especially if you're also into board/card games: http://havegameswilltravel.libsyn.com/
1000buffalo
QUOTE (Adam)
2D6 Feet is highly awesome -- well informed and good banter between the two hosts. It's great for keeping track of upcoming/recent releases, and the reviews are well done. There's none of that annoying "one guy reads the news while the other guys who have no idea what he's talking about" stuff that some podcasts unfortunately engage in.

Thanks Adam! I never mind when people call my show awesome, let alone highly awesome. wink.gif That's some excellent feedback / detail on why you like it as well, which always helps keep us honest.

As a side-note for folks, while I unfortunately couldn't make Origins, and therefore didn't get to meet Adam, David, or take part in the discussion, editing / listening to it got me jazzed to run SR4. My co-host, Chris, is a huge SR fan, so it's pretty likely we'll have some SR Actual Play discussions and whatnot in the future.

Also, while Paul isn't talking much about non-indie/story game RPGs lately, Have Games, Will Travel is still an excellent show, especially if you're also into board/card games: http://havegameswilltravel.libsyn.com/

Paul runs an excellent, professional sounding podcast, and is a great guy to boot.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (1000buffalo)

To make it more topical, our latest episode, Episode 22, is an interview with David and Adam from Catalyst Game Labs, wherein they discuss the Classic Battletech and Shadowrun licenses and product pipelines.

Caught thqt one, and very much enjoyed it. Always good to get some SR love out there, plus, good info. Thanks . smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012