Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Resurrecting a thread
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
tisoz
Is it possible to retrieve the The Matrix Walkthrough thread? I have tried the link in The Idiots Guide to the Matrix and get a 404 Not Found error.
Platinum
I clicked on the second link that you provided and it worked.

I have used that thread a few times.
tisoz
The Idiots Guide to the Matrix is where the link to the Matrix Walkthrough thread was posted. But it appears to not be working.
Talia Invierno
Hmm, this could also answer how to find something else I'd been looking for. In the url for the previous Dumpshock incarnation, if the threads still exist at all, what now replaces
CODE
http://jive.dumpshock.com/default
?
eidolon
Oi. Sorry, all. I looked into this and I can't seem to find that thread. Maybe one of the other guys will know what's up.

There's only a limited amount of archived stuff, as far as I know. If that jive. stuff still exists, I don't know where to find it.
Bull
The Jive stuff was the old forum stuff, and we kept it around in archive format, but it may have been a casualty of that last crash, and isn;t back up yet. If I remember, and can catch Mark on, I'll ask him whats up.

Bull
Lindt
Yeah, there was some really good stuff on the jive boards. Some really BAD stuff (the original Dikoted ally spirit thread for one), but a lot of good stuff too.
Mr. Man
I've been wanting to see both the Jive forums and the even older UBB forums return for years. There was a lot of good stuff in both of them.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard since everything but the search function can be disabled/stripped out.

Talia Invierno
Is there any word on this? It may not be priority, but I'd at least like to know it's still an active request.

(Anyone notice that Google doesn't pick up Dumpshock? Is there a reason for this?)
Kagetenshi
The reason.

~J
Talia Invierno
I did catch the "how", Kagetenshi. I was wondering about the "why".
Dashifen
Speaking as someone who provides hosting for a forum elsewhere, having google hit forums can easily be 10+ gig of bandwidth a month (and my forums are much smaller than these). As a result, I had to stop google from crawling mine simply due to costs. Perhaps it was a similar thing here.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Talia Invierno)
I did catch the "how", Kagetenshi. I was wondering about the "why".

That is the why for Google. You mean Dumpshock's why smile.gif

~J
hyzmarca
Because dozens of spiders archiving your entire database one page at a time every couple of days tends to eat up throughput, I suppose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012