Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: They Did a Bad-Bad Thing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DuckEggBlue Omega
QUOTE (Critias)
QUOTE (Ravor @ Jul 22 2007, 12:36 PM)
I'm not sure that you get to claim "self defense" if you are breaking & entering a the time.

Likely not legally, no (though that would vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction), but if it helps her characters sleep at night, so be it.

Felony Murder, isn't it?

Not only if you kill someone in self defence in the act of committing a felony are you up on murder charges, but if you're responsible for someone's accidental death as the result of a felony your up for more murder, and even merely being the accomplice to a felony the perpetration of which resulted in the accidental death of someone, you are able to be held criminally responsible for the death.

I geuss that last bit is especially why it's been abolished in some places, not the US though.
Daddy's Little Ninja
It is growing in the US, the idea of career criminals who do not care about innocent bystanders. So if you commit a crime like robbery or grand theft auto, and someone is hurt/killed in the commission of a crime you intended to commit, then it is just as if you had planned to hurt/kill them.
Kagetenshi
Well, it certainly won't induce them to care about them after it happens once.

~J
Kyleigh Wester
Ah, my character likes to play good guy most of the time, but doing a run from the book "First Run" things went bad.

After a mostly successful run we're surrounded by Renraku Red Samurai, two mages, and a cyber zombie. We're a team of four. By my characters skilled leadership and on the spot thinking we killed each and every one of them, without hesitation. For a character who generally tries to avoid death, this was pretty badass of him. Of course, I just thought it was boss that we survived despite the odds. I gots extra karma for leadership and on the spot thinking!
Draconis
Does starting a war in Cambodia with a nuclear weapon detonation count? I personally think it improved the place. And that was just last week...

-Draconis
Fortune
QUOTE (Draconis)
Does starting a war in Cambodia with a nuclear weapon detonation count?

No.
Lazarus
QUOTE (Draconis)
Does starting a war in Cambodia with a nuclear weapon detonation count? I personally think it improved the place. And that was just last week...

-Draconis

After Pol Pot I seriously doubt it. (Too soon?) biggrin.gif
John Campbell
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
life is precious. while there's life, there's hope.

Life is precious. And many of my characters could tell you down to the last nuyen exactly how precious any given life is.
Chrome Shadow
A loooong time ago my character killed the father of the girl I was kidnaping... In front or her... While he yelled to him that he was going to rape her to death...

He didn't raped her, but let his father suffer believing he was going to do it while his corpse was still warm...

I was young, and foolish...
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Chrome Shadow)
A loooong time ago my character killed the father of the girl I was kidnaping... In front or her... While he yelled to him that he was going to rape her to death...

He didn't raped her, but let his father suffer believing he was going to do it while his corpse was still warm...

I was young, and foolish...

Ah, I see your character was the empathetic type.
Chrome Shadow
Hehehehehe...
Dizzman
Unfortunately, the worst stuff in Shadowrun wasn't done by myself, but a couple of guys I used to play and run Shadowrun with. They came up with the evilist and funniest Shadowrun ploy ever.

In memory of some funny damn games, I give you the top five courteous of the infamous Vinnie the Troll (who was the author of some of the best of these):

5: Ear collection - from the Yakuza.
4: Repeated use of shock gloves to the nads as a interrogation technique.
3: Mono-filament wiring the escape exit of an office building and then setting it on fire.
2: Never letting a good body go to waste (its still warm ain't it?).

And the number one bad-bad thing ever is...

1: Baby Armor

Yes, trapped in a maternity ward by Lone Star, our intrepid runners came up with the one and only solution for escape. Newborn babies duck taped to their bodies. Pure sociopathic genius.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Dizzman)

Yes, trapped in a maternity ward by Lone Star, our intrepid runners came up with the one and only solution for escape. Newborn babies duck taped to their bodies. Pure sociopathic genius.

Isn't that Living Armor from Magic?
Blade
Do babies have access to HoG?
Kagetenshi
Depends on when you're considered to earn that first point of Karma Pool.

~J
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Depends on when you're considered to earn that first point of Karma Pool.

~J

Hey, being born has got to be hard work. That's worth a karma point.
No karma for c-section babies! nyahnyah.gif
Chrome Shadow
Baby Armor... That was so sick...
Kagetenshi
Why?

~J
Dizzman
Well, in their defense, it worked. Lone Star didn't fire a shot.
Kagetenshi
frown.gif

~J
Pendaric
lol I like the cut of that troll's jib.
Draconis
That's brilliant, even better than random bystander armor like Total Recall.
Lagomorph
hmm, my characters don't have too much more to add to this, but I'll see what I can do.

-stole one nuke and sold it, then in the next adventure, set off a different nuke.
-put money on the stock market against the corp who got nuked.

-Executed in mid-game all members of a urban combat team on live trid, killing everyone but the broadcast team.
-put money on the above game

-accomplice to blowing up the factoria mall with a stolen aztechnology fuel tanker

-stole a 10M nuyen T-bird

-sold out to a corp

and the worst (and stupidest) thing any of my characters have ever ever done

-pointed a weapons at a great dragon
-twice (ghostwalker and hualpa)
Kyoto Kid
...Hurricane Hannah once helped retrieve several canisters of a lethal nerve toxin.

Johnson turned out to work for the mob...

...who used it on the Yaks.

The big cajun didn't really care for she hated organised crime for taking away her livelihood. Figured best to let them take each other out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012