Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 online game, Starting up.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
VivianDQ
System: Shadowrun fourth edition.
Books: Core rules and Street Magic are acceptable.
Time: TBA, I would like to set up a weekly schedule but that isn't always possible at which point we will simply meet whenever we can.
Place: Will be a live chat game, either IRC or OpenRpg.

Campaign:
(Note that some of the backstory is non-canon/Gm filler)

Setting: Denver, if your unfamiliar with this place was smugglers heaven for a couple decades there. Because of the treaty of Denver no one had the guts to field an army here so it was just free reign for all sorts of criminal activity. When Ghostwalker showed up though he technically took over the city and it can now raise its own army, generally called Zonies by the local criminal element. Unwilling to give up their paradise though, many of the now well funded smugglers began hiring other runners and even mercenaries to guard their routes and wage a guerilla war. Many smaller corps and even whole legions of power players got goods from Denver and interjected as well to keep the supply flowing. Denver isn't a full on warzone, getting Ghostwalker's attention is really bad, though violence is hidden around every corner, and where there is violence there is opportunity.

Character generation:

Players will be taking the roles of a fairly new runner group that is just forming, please keep this in mind when creating your character. I should also note that I run a very old style campaign where the players are your average amoral runners who can handle wetwork and the occasional act of pure terrorism. They don't have to be raging psycho's, and it would really help if they were not, but the pacifist who refuses to kill isn't going to do much in this.

I'm allowing only one hacker/technomancer, first come first serve. For now I will not be allowing pure riggers, they simply do not fit well with what I'm planning, though the hacker/technomancer can do rigging as a secondary skill if they choose.

As a side note your characters do not have to be perfect out of chargen, I'm pretty good at awarding Karma and Nuyen so don't worry you can round them out later.

Starting bp's 350.

Players may buy one skill at 5, two at 4, the rest are 3 or less, this applies to both active and knowledge skills. Group skills cannot be higher than three.

No doubling up on negative qualities, aka only one addiction, one allergy etc.

Banned qualities - Sensitive system.

All others subject to approval, generally don't get qualities that have nothing to do with your character, example scorched on a mage/astral beacon on a street sam.

Availability 8F is max at chargen. You may have exactly one item up to 12F.

Free contact, Johnson, 2 loyalty, 5 connection.

A high level group lifestyle will be provided free of charge, however players are free to purchase secondary places if they choose.

Setup: Out of the blue all pc's were conctacted via the matrix by an unknown Johnson. They were all offered lucrative pay on a long-term contract. In exchange they have to agree to work solely for this Johnson, and they have to get their meat to Denver right now.

Please use Daegann's sr4 character generator for creation. You can find it at the link below. The site is french the generator is english.

http://daegann.free.fr/programmes/programmes.php

Contact: Save and e-mail your completed characters .sr4 file to me DQVivian@gmail.com

Note that out of respect for those who cannot write I will not require a biography however, anyone who writes a decent one may be granted some kind of reward before the game begins. If you write one simply include a .txt file with your sheet.
Aku
is this a spin off from the volunteering you did in my thread?
Aku
well, since you confirmed it in the other thread, i'm game, as long as we're atleast aiming for a weekend, like i had said in my other thread, or can be very liberal on weekdays, as i generally have one off, but when i do work, im gone 10 am-10 pm.

oh, and i claim hacker!
Aku
any chance of atleast a meeting tomorrow at somepoint, just to make sure everyone's on the same page thinking wise?
clegrady
eu.undernet.org #s-run
Aku
well, i was hoping in like, openrpg, since i thought that was the program to be used
Omega the 5th
I'm game. Just let me know when and what IM cliet we'll be using.
VivianDQ
Most of my currently approved players are coming from the S-run forums. Which means most of us already have and know how to use Irc so that is looking like the client we will go with. I haven't finalized the time yet but it is looking like a wednesday night game.

Current roster is 3 approved and ready to go street samurai.

I've had two different people mention wanting to take the hacker/techno spot but nothing has been submitted yet. I'm going for a five person core team though I intend to allow "guest" runners to join us here and there.
Aku
well, if it's wed night, then i'm out.
Buster
I'm in, I'll send in my character in a day or two for approval. Do we know when we start yet?
Buster
Do you have a character template you prefer? I'm finished with my character, I just have to type it up.
VivianDQ
The game is now set for Wednesday nights at 9pm eastern time and it will be held on IRC. As of right now the game is full. I'd like to thank everyone for their interest. Though my core group is full I still intend to allow guest runners to join us from time to time and of course the guest gets first pick if a main runner leaves for whatever reason. If your interested just e-mail me your character and let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012