Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for SL6 players to finish what I started.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
The Dragon
Well, my ancient abode that I dropped in on for Shadowrun has mysteriously disappeared. I was told this is a big SR forum with lots of SR players so maybe someone here was a member over there too. Just trying to find a few folks to finish my only contributing project to that site, though now I don't even think there will be a context for it outside of the old site. Never the less, I put some time into it so if can salvage a little of it, that would be nice. If you were a SL6 member please drop me a line to see if there is some place else to finish to project.

BTW, I am not a fan of forum sites, but now that I have visited this one, I have to say that it's decent (though maybe it's just all the SR talk that keeeps me from getting bothered with the forum format).
Kagetenshi
Based on what happened to it, my guess is that there's a server or DNS misconfiguration. With luck, they'll be back up and running soon.

~J
The Dragon
If that is true then I am very relived. Thanks for the info. Have they said when they're going to fix it?
The Dragon
Duh... you said "guess". Nevermind, I'll just wait and see. Thanks again.
mfb
QUOTE (Ellery)
The hosting company changed IP numbers on us (with five days' notice, which I missed).  Since they don't control our DNS lookup, the change made www.shadowland.org point somewhere random among their clients.

she's working on it.
The Dragon
And there was much rejoicing throughout the land. Yea.

Thanks.
Kagetenshi
My guesses are educated.

cyber.gif

~J
Critias
Tal here.

Basically the hosting company shuffled around IP numbers (with only a few days advance notice, which Ell didn't spot), and it just sent the web address pointing to some random schmuck of a city council website or something. The data's all still there, SL still exists, none of our stuff's been lost -- we just can't get to it right this second, is all.
mfb
i just said that, so shut your stupid face. the whole thing probably got started when one of you superusers deleted something that we were still using! you're not in touch with the real SL!
Vegas
Don't make me ban you MFB! (y'know... when the site comes back up n' all)

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Fortune
I think it was me! eek.gif

Seriously ... I just signed up again the day before it went down, and every damn time I sign up on Shadowland something strange happens.

The first time I tried to sign up, years ago, it took almost 3 hours for the registration process to work (I think I registered as Dream) ... only to come back the next day to find all trace of it gone. Didn't bother going through it again.

The second time I tried was a couple of years later, but no matter what I did, I could not get registered. Gave up!

About a year later, on the third try, I was finally successful (registering as Fortune) ... but my computer died 2 days later! When I eventually got back online, I tried to log in, but I couldn't. Fortune is listed as a recognized member, but it doesn't recognize my login/password/email combo. (Might of course by now be used by someone else frown.gif) Once again I went away defeated.

So this brings up to the other day ... the day before Shadowland died! biggrin.gif
mfb
damn yous!
Critias
QUOTE (mfb)
i just said that, so shut your stupid face. the whole thing probably got started when one of you superusers deleted something that we were still using! you're not in touch with the real SL!

Yeah, but no one listens when you talk.
mfb
SL is back up...sorta. the ip issue has been corrected, but it looks like there are still server issues.
eidolon
QUOTE (mfb)

rotfl.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
... the day before Shadowland died! biggrin.gif

...the day ... the music died....

*shakes head at Fortune's destructive presence*

Fortune has the Gremlins flaw apparently.
Vegas
Does that mean all of DSF's latest problems can be attributed to Fortune as well? biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Vegas)
Does that mean all of DSF's latest problems can be attributed to Fortune as well?

Nope, you can't blame me for that. Those started a while before I came back. nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Vegas)
Does that mean all of DSF's latest problems can be attributed to Fortune as well? biggrin.gif

I dunno... there was that problem that cropped up with the My Controls funtion shortly after he popped back up. Beginning to wonder actually...

mfb
in case anyone wonders, no, i'm not clicking the refresh button every five seconds in hopes that the server has--hold, on, afk to refresh.
mfb
SL is back in bidness fo' reelz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012