Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Query about selling stuff
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Patrick Goodman
Okay, here's the deal: I've got a photography habit to support, and a bunch of RPGs and other games that I'll never play. Is there a place here on dumpshock where I can put an ad trying to sell this stuff?
fistandantilus4.0
Well, here for one. smile.gif There have also been a few threads in the SR forums for SR specific lists of "stuff"s.

So, if it's a big list of SR stuff, either SR forum works fine. If it's a whole load, this forum would be appropriate.
Patrick Goodman
Just wanted to make sure it was okay. No, not any SR stuff, actually; that's one of the few things safe from my "possessions for photography supplies" pogrom. I shall post the list shortly. Thanks for letting me know it was okay.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
that's one of the few things safe from my "possessions for photography supplies" pogrom.

biggrin.gif No problem. Let me know if you have any good Darksun stuff. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
No problem. Let me know if you have any good Darksun stuff.

Nobody has any good Darksun stuff! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
OOOOHHHHH!!!! You didn't! How could you!?!??!

That's it! Bad Karma for you! sarcastic.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
photography supplies

Anything interesting?

~J
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jul 21 2007, 05:01 PM)
photography supplies

Anything interesting?

~J

Depends on how you define interesting. I'm going back to school in the fall to pursue a photography degree; after 20+ years making my living working on computers and close to a decade more than that of living in denial about my artistic wants/needs/desires/talents, I've decided to let my inner artist out of its cage.

Currently, I'm putting money together to get a decent flash meter for my upcoming class. There's also the occasional ink cartridge that has to be bought, paper to print pictures on...a better (larger-format) photo printer would be nice, too. I wouldn't mind a good macro lens for my Nikon D70, either.

Lots of stuff...so many toys, so little cash. I won't make a fortune off all the books I'm selling, but I'll make enough to keep me going and I'll find some books that aren't getting used a good home in the process. Win/win situation.

If you're really bored, there's a link to my deviantART gallery in my sig.
Bull
Good luck Patrick smile.gif

Bull
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
If you're really bored, there's a link to my deviantART gallery in my sig.

You've got some nice pictures, but to be honest I'm more interested in what lenses you'd recommend or not recommend than anything else smile.gif

~J
Patrick Goodman
Depends on what you're trying to do and what camera you're using. I'm a big fan of Tamron, myself; nice quality third-party lenses. They're a good chunk less expensive than Nikon's own lenses, but just about as good in my opinion.

What do you shoot? You'll find that there are a fair number of excellent photographers here on Dumpshock who are very generous with their advice. At the stage of the game I'm at, I'm not quite worthy to carry their tripods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012