Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A new call for Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pages: 1, 2
Method
Hello DS,

I know there is an old thread about Players in Seattle, but that thread and the Yahoo group mentioned therein seem to be long dormant (all the questions recently submitted to the Yahoo group are about the Xbox 360 game- bad sign).

Heres the deal: I am moving to Seattle in a matter of days and was wondering if there are any established groups looking for players, or players looking to start a new group. I would be willing to play, GM or just lurk for awhile. I'm down for just about anything.

So, is there anybody out there?
ryanstone
Are you still looking for players in the seattle area?
I am looking to join a group as a player. I have GM'd SR in the past, but my group got over whelmed with the SR4 rules and the game fell apart.
AbNo
Well, I know someone that lives mostly near there.

I can pass along this info, if you want. I don't know if he'd be up for specifically SR, but he's a great gamer all around.
ryanstone
Please pass it along to anyone you might know in the area. I am having a hell of a time finding and SR game up here. There are DnD games in spades, but no SR games.
AbNo
Actually, I was 'running last night, and I called and asked him about Tukwila.

He didn't sound too excited. In the least. That, and he lives in Centralia. I didn't realize how far away it was.
ryanstone
Thanks for trying, though. Centralia is quite a hump from Seattle. About 1.5 hours or more.
Again, thanks for trying.
ryanstone
Wow, I never thought I would have such a hard time finding a SR game in Seattle.
tete
Fantastic Games (Edmonds) has some open SR4 games the last saturday of the month (most of the time) you can check out puget sound roleplayers on meetup.com to find out more. There is also a couple guys over at Oroboro games in Bellevue who play and the Mission games get played at Genesis Games and Gizmos in Redmond. I wouldn't say that there are not SR players in Seattle but a good number of the old guys (like me) have moved on to something else after trying 4th and deciding its not for us. I personally fell on the nWOD band wagon.
Alphastream
Hi guys,

In Portland we have managed to cobble a good group together. I find it takes some hard promoting to get things off the ground. Sometimes it has taken me a month just to get people together the first time (I travel, so I've done this a number of times).

Place notes in your local gaming stores. Make a yahoo group and post the link on all related sites (Paizo boards, any SR sites, Meetup, etc.).

You only need three players for a legal SR Missions game, which you could run just to get people accustomed to the system.

In the meantime, you could come down to Nerdcon in Portland, Nov 9-11: http://www.warhorn.net/nerdcon2007/. We are running the first three or four missions.

Teos
(For Portland, the Yahoo group is http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Shadowrun_OR/ and http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Spycraft_OR/ for Spycraft).
stevebugge
I've got a game going in Seattle that could probably use 1 or 2 more players.

The catch is that we play on Monday nights.

GM Duties rotate and the game mood is on the lighter/pink mohawk side of things.
Adarael
Theoretically, I am both in Seattle AND running Shadowrun.

Factually, I am a horribly picky person when it comes to who's in my games. However, if I find myself in dire need of more players or a different game, I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Also, I'm in Queen Anne.
Adarael
Theoretically, I am both in Seattle AND running Shadowrun.

Factually, I am a horribly picky person when it comes to who's in my games. However, if I find myself in dire need of more players or a different game, I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Also, I'm in Queen Anne.
ryanstone
A Queen Anne game would be great as I am in Wedgwood, which is just north of the U District.
I understand that if you're pickey about who you invite to your games and such. I am more or less a newcommer in regards to SR4, but I do know the basics and am a fast learner.
With a new child due any day now, my schedule in the near future is iffy at best.
That said, if you start up a new SR game and need players or think I might fit into your current game, please think of me.
Regards,
Ryan
Cain
QUOTE (stevebugge)

GM Duties rotate and the game mood is on the lighter/pink mohawk side of things.

Where are you located?

Ryan: I'll repeat what Tete said, there's a regular Missions game or two that happens once a month, at Fantastic Games in Edmonds/North Seattle. You can go here to have a look.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Cain)
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Oct 26 2007, 03:38 PM)

Where are you located?

Ryan: I'll repeat what Tete said, there's a regular Missions game or two that happens once a month, at Fantastic Games in Edmonds/North Seattle. You can go here to have a look.

Magnolia, near the Ballard Locks
Cain
I know the area, but it's a little far for me. I've got a kid, so I can't go very far on weeknights. frown.gif
stevebugge
What part of town are you in?
stevebugge
Argh Double Post
Cain
QUOTE (stevebugge)

Edmonds. Just north of the county border. frown.gif
ryanstone
Steve,
I am in Wedgwood, which is north of the UDistrict.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Cain)
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Nov 8 2007, 12:13 PM)

Edmonds. Just north of the county border. frown.gif

Yeah that would be quite a drive on a Monday evening, even if you did avoid I-5
stevebugge
QUOTE (ryanstone)
Steve,
I am in Wedgwood, which is north of the UDistrict.

15-25 minute drive depending on Traffic & the Ballard Bridge
ryanstone
Steve,
I used to live in Magnolia so I'm rather familier with the area. In fact, I used to live right near the boxcar tavern by the rail switching yard.
How late do you play on Mondays? I'd be very interested in playing if you'll have me. I even have a good friend who is a great role-player and loves to game in general if yo uare looking for 2 people. He even lives in Magnolia so the commute is nil for him.
Feel free to PM or emal me if you'd like to talk more.
Ryan
Method
Wow!! This thread blew up after I gave up on it.

I have already been in contact with Steve by way of the Yahoo list. Thanks again for the invite, but Monday nights continue to be bad for me.

Ryan- have you found a game yet? If not maybe you and I could get something started in or near the U district (I live up in Northgate, but I'm a student at UW). Friday nights would be ideal for me, maybe every other week or something like that. I'd like to find a group thats somewhat flexible about meeting, since some weeks I might be too busy with school.
stevebugge
Ok for the Monday game the basic info:

Monday nights from as close to 6:00pm as people can make it (we've got one player coming from Kirkland so it's a moving target) until around 11:00.

Games are fun but a little on the lighter/pink mohawk side of things if you're looking for hardcore grit you probably won't find it here (don't worry it isn't D&D with firearms though). We don't mind if you have multiple characters, since we know everyone likes to try new things, and I'm ok with bringing in established characters provided that they aren't so specialized it's hard to work them in to a game.

We occasionally play on Saturdays when all the wives and girlfriends allow us to, and the day of the week has changed once or twice.

Location is flexible, recently we've been having it at my apartment because I have the largest non cat-infested space (we have a couple members with pretty severe cat hair allergies). And I'm not too far from the Boxcar, northwest of Fisherman's Terminal by the Locks.

As for the guys trying to get a Friday game together, if you need some players to get a group off the ground I'm happy to check with my crew and see if anyone is interested in playing in a second game.
Cain
I just happened to move into an old frat house in the U-Dist, and I've got space to spare for a game. My work schedule is flexible, as well. Anyone up for it?
Method
Cain: I would be down for a Friday or Saturday once or twice a month. Let me know if you get any more responses. What kind of game do you like to run?
Cain
Actually, I was hoping to get to play for once. nyahnyah.gif At any event, I've lost my hardcopy core book, and I can't run a game until I can afford to print a new one (and find a Kinkos up for the challenge wink.gif) Is anyone capable of running if I host?
Method
Oh, well in that case I might be willing to throw something together.

I should warn you though, school can be a little intense for me (second year med student), so if I GM I'd need some time between sessions to prep. Every other week, or once a month.

I guess at this point it really depends on if we can find a few other people to play and what kind of game people are interested in...
Cain
Every other week would be best for me. As you can see in the other thread, my time in Seattle is going to be limited.

Maybe Steve can ask his group if anyone's up for a Friday night game?
Method
Hmm...

Cain: it seems this thread took a nose dive after our last exchange. I'd still love to do something if we can find some players. How long will you be living in the U district?
Cain
Until mid-march.

My roommate and I are interested in a game, so if we can find just one or two more players, we'll have a full group. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? cool.gif
stevebugge
I'll see if any of my group is interested in an occasional Friday or Saturday game.

I can sometimes be available, I just need lead time to get my wife's permission - er-um make sure we don't have conflicting plans
Cain
So far, we have myself, Method, my roommate (a total Shadowrun newbie) and likely Stevebugge. That's one GM and 3 players. Is that enough to start a game?
DTFarstar
Good to know Seattle is relatively busy Shadowrun-wise. The Med-School there is one of my top picks. Too bad it'll be about a year until application time, and a year and a half to move.

Chris
Method
Cain- I've kinda been waiting to hear back from Steve, but if he or one of his players is down I'd say we're good to go.

DTFarstar: glad to hear you are still considering UW. Unfortunately it sounds like I might be moving on to residency before you get here. frown.gif
stevebugge
QUOTE (Cain)
So far, we have myself, Method, my roommate (a total Shadowrun newbie) and likely Stevebugge. That's one GM and 3 players. Is that enough to start a game?

I'd call that a go
Cain
Okay then. Why don't you guys PM me, and I'll give you the address. What time Friday would you like to meet? I get off work at 5.
DTFarstar
Yeah, I took the MCAT and I made well, embarrassingly low if you don't consider the circumstances(25). Of course, with a job search and girlfriend problems and just general me not forcing myself to I only studied for 5 hours the night before with the Kaplan MCAT book, (did 600 pages in 5 hours so more scanning it into my brain that studying, I guess). I also had only had Bio 1 and 2 and A&P 1 and 2 as far as classes. Literally, I had never had a single chemistry or physics course before hand.(didn't go to high school- literally, not just home schooled, but period never had any of the work at all for medical reasons.)

So, when you consider that I didn't go to high school, only studied five hours(retaining information I read is one of my premier talents), and didn't have any of the classes a 25 is positively dazzling. (I know several people that rather easily got in with 27's and up) So, I'm more determined than ever now, since I'm sure I can do it and I decided to bite the bullet and stay another year in undergrad actually taking things like Chem, Physics, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Genetics, and Organic Chem. So, hopefully a year from this coming fall I will be attending... somewhere. UAB right nearby in Al, and UW are two I'm quite interested in. My sister and her husband(both 29s) are graduating from Creighton in Omaha and they have been quite pleased with it so it is on the list.

So, I don't know when you graduate, but from what it sounded like above if I DO get in at UW then you'll be graduating the spring after I start.

Probably should have put this in a PM because it really has nothing to do with the OP.... oh well.

Chris
DTFarstar
Also -

Aww... come on Cain, after that whole recent thread with Frank and knasser don't you just want to go ahead and post your address so we can all come and visit? =P

Chris
Cain
nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif

No, but I'll gladly put up my ex's email address, for spammers to farm. devil.gif
tete
It will be a sad day when Seattle looses Cain frown.gif on the plus side i finally convinced my wife to give shadowrun 1e/2e a try again! wish me luck guys. This may be the last time to convince her its the best game ever.
Method
Wait, you're trying to convince your wife that SR is the best game ever by making her play 2ed??? eek.gif

J/K. Out of curiosity, do you have regular group? Are you looking to join one? If Cain leaves in the next few months our proto-group may be hard up for people...
Dworkin_13
Shadowrun.... in Seattle???
What a novel concept.

If there are any open games anyone knows about, Please let me know,
I'm in the Kent/Covington/Auburn Area

::Dworkin
stevebugge
QUOTE (Dworkin_13 @ Feb 17 2008, 11:43 AM) *
Shadowrun.... in Seattle???
What a novel concept.

If there are any open games anyone knows about, Please let me know,
I'm in the Kent/Covington/Auburn Area

::Dworkin

The two games we're currently aware of are both in Seattle proper, one roughly every other Friday in the U-Distric the other weekly on Monday nights in Magnolia
DocTaotsu
There is a small chance I may be in the Everett 9 months from now. Where is that in relation to where most of you all are playing?
Method
Everett is a short ways North from both games. Probably 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic.
DocTaotsu
Well it's a bit of a drive but what the hell. I'll be needing my SR fix if I'm up that way.
Method
How long would be in the area?
DocTaotsu
2 years
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012