Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Resources Updated
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aaron
I put up some new stuff since the last time I mentioned I put up new stuff. Most recent is a new version of the hacker cards, now with more accurate text.

The whole thing is at http://pavao.org/shadowrun/.

Fortune
Great resource page. Thanks. smile.gif
Da9iel
I noticed that "Filter" on the Biofeedback Filter card text is covered by "+Willpower" and "Hammer" on the Black Hammer card text is covered by "+Cybercombat."

Blackout only causes Stun (text is identical to Black Hammer).

Lastly, isn't crashing a program or OS Attack +Hacking? You might want to add that to the Attack card.[/Picking Nits]

Great resource! Don't tell my wife that I thought of these cards when we got a colour printer. wink.gif
1000buffalo
You, sir, are to be commended. Those are some excellent resources - just the sort of thing I was looking for when I pitched running SR4 out here. Good show!

The grunt and NPC record sheets are especially handy.

If you're ever bored, I'd love me a form version of the grunts sheet (and a form of the two page PC sheet). Because, well, once you actually have a useful resource site, you never stop getting requests. wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
I really like your idea about altering the pips on your dice. I just tried it out on some of my older dice and it really sped up how quickly I was able to determine hits, misses, and glitches! Great idea. smile.gif
1000buffalo
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I really like your idea about altering the pips on your dice.  I just tried it out on some of my older dice and it really sped up how quickly I was able to determine hits, misses, and glitches!  Great idea. smile.gif

I noticed that one as well - very nifty. After seeing those SR dice, I noticed my FLGS sells blank six siders - I very well may pick up a few packs, and on each mark two sides with "H" and one with "G". My experience with Fudge dice has been the more transparent the die mechanic, the better - especially for engaging new folks to the game. This shouldn't be read as meaning that reading 5's, 6's and 1's is terribly difficult however. wink.gif

Of course, my best worlds version would have a color transfer for the Shadowrun "S" (from the page numbers of the books) as the "Hit" logo.
Ol' Scratch
You have to remember that there's the Rule of Six when using Edge and whatnot, so you have to distinguish between the two Hit possibilities.
1000buffalo
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
You have to remember that there's the Rule of Six when using Edge and whatnot, so you have to distinguish between the two Hit possibilities.

Damn good point. Thanks for the reminder there!
Fortune
I believe that you also (rarely) need to distinguish '2s', for when you rush an extended test.
Aaron
QUOTE (Da9iel)
I noticed that "Filter" on the Biofeedback Filter card text is covered by "+Willpower" and "Hammer" on the Black Hammer card text is covered by "+Cybercombat."

Blackout only causes Stun (text is identical to Black Hammer).

Lastly, isn't crashing a program or OS Attack +Hacking? You might want to add that to the Attack card.[/Picking Nits]

Got it, thanks. The web site will be updated within the next twenty minutes or so.

QUOTE (Da9iel)
Great resource! Don't tell my wife that I thought of these cards when we got a colour printer. wink.gif

Heh. =i)
Aaron
QUOTE (1000buffalo)
You, sir, are to be commended. Those are some excellent resources - just the sort of thing I was looking for when I pitched running SR4 out here. Good show!

Thank you.

If you're ever bored, I'd love me a form version of the grunts sheet (and a form of the two page PC sheet).  Because, well, once you actually have a useful resource site, you never stop getting requests.  wink.gif

I've added it to my list. I'm going to be busy for a while (at least until Gen Con), but I'll post something when I add it.
Kerris
I just (about an hour ago) a game called "Toss Up!", which gives you 10 dice. One side is colored red, 2 sides are colored yellow, and three sides are colored green. They reminded me of the Shadowrun dice on your resources site. Red = glitch, yellow = hit, green = nothing. Admittedly, it would be better if there were 2 green sides, but it works out just the same. I picked the game up for about $5, so it's a steal for 10 dice customized for SR.

Oh, yeah, the dice come with a little case as well.
Rotbart van Dainig
That's all nice and fun, until someone spends Edge and the Rule of Six is invoked.
Kerris
Good point. Mark the 6 beforehand wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
Or alternatively you can just have custom dice for custom situations. Maintain, say, 30 dice that only have the equivalence of 1, 5 and 6 marked for standard dice rolls.

Then have another 30 or so with 1, 5 and 6 marked with the 6 being very distinguished (Shadowrun S symbol or whatever). These are your Edge Dice that you use any time the Rule of Six would apply to the dice you're rolling.

Then, have your Rush Dice which are the same as the Edge Dice but with the 2's being indicated the same way as the 1's.

I believe that would cover all the basis even if it would require more dice in total. Would drastically speed up dice roll calculations, though, but maybe not as much as "okay, X of these dice and Y of these dice" prep work would. Shouldn't be that difficult though if you like the idea.
Aaron
I have once again updated my Shadowrun Resources site. This time, I also reorganized it (it was getting a bit messy).

The new thing is an initiative tracker by a fellow named Kory that also handles multiple initiative passes. It's in the Tips and Tricks section of the site.

You can visit the site by clicking this link.
Aaron
I've updated my Shadowrun Resources site, this time with really only a tweak. A lot of people wanted better margins around the hacker cards, and I've finally gotten around to delivering.

The site is right here.
Aaron
Ladies, gentlemen, and DumpShockers,

pavao.org is proud and honored (or perhaps honoured) to announce that knasser's archive is now available at its Shadowrun Resources site. His adventures can be had in the Adventures section, and the rest can be found in the Miscellany section.

His Eberron archive can also be found there, but you'd have to be playing that other game for that to be useful, and I understand that other game gives one scurvy.
Matsci
QUOTE (Aaron @ May 27 2008, 12:49 AM) *
His Eberron archive can also be found there, but you'd have to be playing that other game for that to be useful, and I understand that other game gives one scurvy.

Not scurvy, but Cancer. What's worse, the 4th Edition gives you superpowered anime cancer.
Corsair
Great site Aaron! We finally (re)started a Shadowrun campaign using 4th ed rules, and I'm running Born to Die as an introductory adventure. The cheat sheets are also being used.

And yes, a form fillable character sheet would be pretty cool. Thanks a lot for your site.
Aaron
QUOTE (Corsair @ Jun 24 2008, 09:38 PM) *
[...] I'm running Born to Die as an introductory adventure.

You're a cruel GM. =i)
Aaron
If you were to ask why I was bumping this old thread, I'd tell you it's because I've added Hacking on the Fly to the cheat sheets that can be found at my Shadowrun Resources site.

(Hm. Now that I look at it, maybe it needs a better name ...)

Wesley Street
If you added a vehicle combat cheat sheet you would soooooo be my hero. biggrin.gif
Ryu
Good news.

@Wes: No love for his Drone Combat Sheet? wink.gif
Wesley Street
Hey, nothing but love! love.gif I'd just like something that summarizes acceleration, ramming, etc. Hmm... this may be a job to take on myself.

If I have free time this weekend I may create a rules cheat sheet for that and post it.
BullZeye
rollin.gif Cheers.
Aaron
Here's another bump and another bit of news. The program/CF cards for hackers and technomancers have been updated to be SR4A compliant. I also found some new art for some of the cards and tried to find fonts that would look kinda like the ones in WWLOMTRAPT.

EDIT: right, links are good ... http://pavao.org/shadowrun/miscellany/
Bull
Don't we usually ban folks for shameless self-promotion and spamming? wink.gif
Aaron
Oh, hush. This is a public service announcement. =iP

Besides, it would only be self-promotion if I charged people for it. I don't even have a "Donate to my PayPal account" button on there.
Bert
Thanks for the link cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012