Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment Drive
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
MachineProphet
Alright, my group had a few internal and scheduling problems, and I need new players.

So here's the deal! I'm running a Shadowrun game on AOL/AIM. We meet at 7:30 Eastern Time every Sunday night and usually play for about 3 hours. Characters are built on 123 build points, and the only real limitation is that I don't like a) characters who are straight up sociopaths who can blissfully sip iced tea while watching babies tortured or b) people who are mockingly insane, as in characters whose nature makes light of those with mental illness.

Anybody who wants information, contact me at Terraghis@aol.com
Digital Heroin
What timezone are you talking here, I'd definitly be interested in a chat based play, and I've got a character or two in mind to fix up and build.
MachineProphet
Oh, sorry. 7:30 Eastern.
Digital Heroin
*ponders* That might work for me... as it's about 4:30 here. I was concerned about work the next morning, since I tend not to sleep on a Sunday if I'm up close to midnite biggrin.gif .

What's needed, at a glance?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hmmm. 3 hours on Sundays...could work out, eh, Dig? Us west soasters would probably make a good team! Aim Ican do. As long as noone minds me player the cyberguy wink.gif
moosegod
Sounds good.

Any requests?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hmmm. 3 hours on Sundays...could work out, eh, Dig? Us west soasters would probably make a good team! Aim Ican do. As long as noone minds me player the cyberguy wink.gif
Digital Heroin
West Coast, represent.

It's all good, 'long as the cyberguy doesn't mind a mischevious pacafist shaman gal with a tendancy to end up in places she's not supposed to be tagging along.
Digital Heroin
*jumped right in on this one, had a concept flowing already*

Alright, will be submitting character/contact information as soon as I flesh out her bio (Bull's 50, plus a paragraph). Character is a changeling Elf (aye, the TN was high, but my dice proved true and eeked me by) who goes by the name of Angel; she's got an ethereal beauty (silvery skin and electric blue eyes from SURGE, electric blue hair via Makeover spell) about her that tends to enthrall people. Angel is an Urban Gecko Shaman, who practices a hobby/thrillseeking activity called Urban Exploration. Basically she uses stealth and social engineering to get her way into places she's not supposed to be. This doesn't even have to be on a run, she'll do it for kicks (Impulsive). She also has a potentially unhealthy obsession with the Archology, and finding it's secrets. Angel is a Pacafist, and would rather spread love than blood.

As I said, will have sheet ready to transmit once I do some aditional flushing out. I may even have a pic (an alteration of a former Goth Babe of the Week), depends on how it turns out with the skin, eyes, and hair being altered, as well as a few tats removed.

Edit: Dun and did it... made up my rough edit of a pic for Angel. http://digitalheroin.homestead.com/files/AER.jpg Hair and eyes are definitly in need of work, but hey, it's a slap together rough draft and I'm running on caffeine. nyahnyah.gif
MachineProphet
Wow, this was a lot of replies, fast. Alright, in more detail, here is everything you might need . . .

A character . . .
-Built on 123 build points, submitted for my approval.
-Answers to the Shadowrun Character Questionnaire, to be sent on demand. It's mostly basic stuff, like "when was your character born" and "what brings him to Seattle."
-Who is ready to go in March, 2060, so the YotC stuff hasn't happened yet.
-Who is built on the stuff from Man and Machine, Magic in the Shadows, Rigger 3, Shadowrun Companion, Cannon Companion, and the main rulebook, but nothing newer as these are all the sourcebooks I own (unless you want to contribute)
-Who is not inhumanly remorseless. The emotionally blank killer who murders before breakfast is a character type I will not deal with. They're bad guys.
-Who is not mockingly insane. I have dealt with mental illness inside my own head my whole life, and if you want a mentally-off character, don't play it for laughs.
-E-mailed to me at Terraghis@aol.com in case anybody didn't get the address the first time

A player . . .
-Must possess either AOL or AIM
-Must have a working grasp of the English language, preferably enough to grasp my jokes and puns ("That's antihistamine money." "What?" "It's nothing to sneeze at.")
-Must be familiar with the basic Shadowrun rules
-Must not mind telling me his stats every time he needs to make a roll for them.
-Must trust me enough to use SRDice2 myself and tell you the results.
-Must be free at 7:30 PM Eastern time on Sunday night and willing to play for as many as three hours, possibly more if nothing slows us down.
-Must not be offended by anything, or if is offended by something, must notify me beforehand so as we can avoid it.
-Must have a sense of drama! Drama is king in my world.
Ol' Scratch
Oops. I just realized you wanted this handled through email. Please disregard this original message. biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Darn... there goes my SURGEd elven shaman... *modifications to make*
MachineProphet
Alright, I realized I'm forgetful, so I'm making one last modification.

All characters must have one contact in common - a female fixer named Cassandra. This is to give all the characters something in common. With this in place, then I can adapt each mission to the amount of players at my disposal, because presumably, a potential Johnson would contact her, and she'd tell him who he needs for whatever run he had in mind.

Preferably, this would begin the coming Sunday and continue on every Sunday until the Summer of 2005 (and then perhaps continue).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012