Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IWTF: Trollish Tendencies
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Galedeep
Bot'Norgoz

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Dining with Harry the Hammer is usually a more pleasant experience than his street earned nick name owuld suggest. As sottocapo in the Kozlowski family, the strongest mob family in one of the strongest mob cities in North America, he has high expectations to live up to. As a 45 year old ork, he's also got nature working against him. None of that has ever seemed to give Harry Rybinski any trouble however. At dinners, he is unfailing polite, even to people he'd usually knife on the street. That's just how Harry was raised. Goz liked having dinners with Harry.

So when Harry calls and says to meet at a warehouse, Goz worries. The last time, the only time, that ever happened, there was a man who was alive there when he got here, and dead by the time he left. When Hary the Hammer had to step in personally, things had usually already gone from bad to worst. Hence the apprehension in Goz's stomach as he drove up to the dimly lit warehouse on the shores of Lake Pontchraine. There was , as expected, a pair of black, and likely armored, SUVs out front, along with a man in a suit having a cigarette, and likely a large pistol underneath the $1000 jacket. Harry kept his men dressed well.

Walking in to the building, Goz's heart sank just a bit as he saw Harry, glaring at one of his saldatos, who was tied up, and had his feet in a square box filled with cement. The bag near by advertised it as "quick drying."

Harry turned his angry look towards Goz.

'Bout time.
Galedeep
Goz was dressed well, as always, but had his thickly armored jacket tucked into a large duffle bag on his bike. His gun was tucked into his holster underneath his arm, and his other weapons were about his person, but he kept his axe on the bike, and his rifle hanging by it's strap at his lower back. He kept them with him, in case Harry had a use for him tonight, but he didn't want to look as if he wanted to use them. Besides, he knew exactly what would happen if he so much as twitched wrong; he would be down before he knew it.

"Harry," he said with a nod. "How many I be of service?"
fistandantilus4.0
Barney Dabrowski was picked up last night for hijacking a truck of Colt guns. Stew here was workin' with him. He gestures to the man in the cement shoes. This was outside work. Of f the boards, drek they were notcleared to do. Barney's a stand up man, been Made for years. I need you to talk to him and find out what the hell made him do something so stupid.

Stew here swears it was all Barney's idea. Either way, it brings a lot of heat odwn on us. Heat we don't need. Stew here's learning about loyalties and the importance of following orders.

In the mean time, I know NOPS is going to be all over me on this. Last arms truck that dissapearaed, they were all over me. Just because I did it didn't mean they had any evidence. Find out what the frag made Barney do something so damned stupid, and deal with it. Use what ever resources you have. I'll be a bit ... tied up.
He says it as he looks at the bound Stew again.
Galedeep
"Yes, sir. Is Barney still afforded the rights and privileges of Family Membership, or does he require termination?" It did not do to off those under the familial wing, even those not currently in favor. If he had messed up badly, his life would be forfeit; if he was still salvageable in family eyes, or if someone else, perhaps Harry, wished the kill for themselves, he couldn't be touched. That would make things trickier; it was always a plus when the NOPS had no suspect in custody. Of course, getting to them while they were IN custody was difficult as well.

"May I speak with Stew for a moment? I have a few questions, as to their methods of operation. Do you know if they managed to stow the truck anywhere, or was that impounded when Barney was picked up?"
fistandantilus4.0
Barney lives for now. Find out what went wrong. I've gotten all the information I need from Stew already. They took the trailers and dropped 'em somewhere else to have'em picked up. As bad as God damn shadowrunners.

Harry doesn't, however, stop you from asking questions.
Galedeep
Goz nodded, and stepped over in front of Stew. “Did Barney mention anything about who he got the idea from? Anything at all? Where did you drop the trailers? Right now, I’m sure you’re aware, all you are buying is time, not freedom. However, if you want that time cut short, much like certain parts of your anatomy will be if you do not cooperate, then by all means, stay quiet.� Reaching behind him, he brought his axe out of its loop, though still covered by its thick leather sheathe, and slapped it repeatedly into his palm.

“I would suggest you tell me everything you told the Hammer, and now. Otherwise, things could get unpleasant for you before the Hammer even reaches you, and that’s just not gonna be a bit helpful when he goes to work. You want your strength up. You last long enough, he might even let you walk out of here…� he added with a smirk, glancing down to the cement encasing the mans shoes. “Or not. Either way, you talk, you live, if only for a while. Spill.�

Intimidation: Charisma 4 + 2 pheromone enhancers + 1 vocal range enhancer + 2 specialization (Interrogation) + 4 skill + 2 first impression = 15

5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2 (Total Successes = 6)

Potential Modifiers:
Character is physically imposing +1-+3
Characters outnumber the subject +2
Character is wielding a weapon +2
7 potential modifiers rolled
6, 5, 3, 1, 3, 2, 3 (Total Successes = 2) in order from top to bottom

fistandantilus4.0
I already told you everything I know I swear! Barney said it was a job for Harry! He said we should just pick it up, drop da' drek, and we was done! Easy money! Swear ta' God! Dat's all I know!
Galedeep
Tapping his blade on his shoulder, Goz huffed in disgust. "You little..." he started, before shaking his head and just walking away. Turning to Harry, he nodded again. "I'll be in touch."

Slipping his axe back into its loop, he went on outside, putting his helmet on and hopping on his bike. Starting it up with a flick of his wrist, he set off towards the middle of the city, where NOPS headquarters was, and sent a call through to his old friend Allen.

"Hey, Allen...Sorry, but I haven't got much time for chatting. Just got a quick question for you, rather urgent. What do you know about a Barney, picked up last night? Something related to a hijacking of a possible arms truck, alleged family ties. What's the rundown on charges and details?" If he knew the times he was picked up, and who by, that could offer up some sort of clue as to what was going on in his head.
fistandantilus4.0
Morning Goz. yeah I'd heard about that. Picked up at 0200 or there about's. Felony theft and highjacking, and they're likely to tack on conspiracy for O.C. connections if they can prove it. Looks like he somehow hijacked a road trian caryring a shipment of Cavalier Arms guns. Pretty serious stuff there. I wouldn't want to take that one if I were you Goz.
Galedeep
Grunting in agreement, Goz nodded, the laughed. "Yeah, well...who ever wants the cases I pick up? I don't know whether or not we'll be working on something, but I'll need a chance to talk to him before I decide. Still, hijacking a cargo of guns...that's just...Ugh. Who knows, though? He might not have done it, right?" he said with a wink.

"Thanks Allen. I'll be down there shortly, speaking to him. How's the boy?"
fistandantilus4.0
Still in rehab thank God. Not as great as could be though. Apparently one of the other boys has a shine for him, and he's feeling "experimental". What a nightmare. Good luck with this one. I'll make sure he's available for a 'visitor' so you can decide if you want totake the case after you hear the gory details.
Galedeep
"Thanks, Allen, I owe you one. Oh, and don't worry about him taking a shine to another fellah; at least that'll mean fewer kids should be showing up, right? Take care, man."

Speeding up, Goz moved through the traffic, just fast enough not to be breaking any laws, but using all of the maneuverability of his small vehicle to weave in and out of traffic and gain distance.

Reaching the station, he quickly unloaded himself of anything illegal and combed his hair, adjusting his coat as he went inside. Asking to speak to Barney, he sat down and waited to be shown to his potential "client".
fistandantilus4.0
Naturally it takes more than a little time toarrange visiting a recently recieved felon. Especially when one isn't said felons lawyer. But an hour later, no doubt with a little luck from above, Goz found him self in a small room with the large Barnabous on the otherside of a "glass" window.

Barney, being the only dwarf with a case of Giantism that anyone could remmber meeting, was the size of your average sterotypical lumberjack, with the bald pate to match. The white jumpsuit did little for his beleagured looks. By all appearances he hadnt slept in quite some time. He slowly picked up the phone on his side of the window.
Galedeep
Nodding through the glass, Goz picked up the phone. "Good day to you, Barney. My name is Bot'Norgoz, and I'm here as a potential representative for your case. Would you like to accept my services, at least for the time being?" If Barney was a good little mobster, he'd know about lawyer/client confidentiality. Whether or not any particular lawyer went on to represent Barney, or withdrew his services, was another matter. In times like these, being able to speak freely without admitting anything that could be incriminating and recorded was a blessing.

Assuming Barney nods, or assents, in some way, he continues. "Now, as your legal representative, any and all conversation we have is considered confidential, and cannot be used against you. However, these calls are monitored. Therefore, anything said cannot be used against you, but it may be used in other manners, which, unless directly attributed to this phone call, are perfectly legitimate. Keep that in mind. I'm here to ask you a few questions about what happened the other night, on behalf of your distressed mother; she worries about you, you know." Mentioning a family member as the source of his retention was a little bit tricky, but if Barney had any brains at all, he'd pick up the reference.

"She wants to know a few things, namely, what got into your head to go and do something like hijack a shipment of arms. She worries about what you might have done to the family name; remember your cousin, and what happened to him? Yes, he shamed the family, and was disowned. I doubt they've ever heard from or seen him since that shameful, shameful day. Wonder how far he's sunk?" He didn't mention the status of Stews shoes, but he would put money on that hint getting through. Sleeping with the fishes wasn't pleasant. Letting the innuendo and hints settle, he smiled.

"Still, she loves you, and wants you back home. Let's just figure out why you would make such a stupid move, and see what we can do about correcting it, shall we? I'll need any information you have, as to who may have peer-pressured you into doing what you did, who may have gained something from it, and anyone you have spoken to recently. Your mother has some...words, for whoever set her boy off of the straight and narrow."
fistandantilus4.0
Barney simply nods through most of it. His expression is the most troubling part. He looks clamly accepting, as if this is exactly what he expected. I'm really sorry 'bout dis here mess. Tell Ma I said so. Wasn't somethin' I wanted ta do. But I had no choice. Find Arcturus. Tell ma sister I love 'er.

He meets Goz's eyes levely, then hangs up the phone. He stands, and walks over to the guard, watching Goz as he goes.
Galedeep
Goz sits there, the phone still in his hand, but lowered from his face, looking at the man through the glass. They don't break eye contact, and he can't help but let a hint of...curiosity cross his features. So...this isn't as cut and dry as I thought. He wasn't just getting ideas over his station...Hmm. This was going to be interesting.

Standing, he nodded to the man, letting him know the information would be passed on that he wasn't at fault, and then that information would be followed up on, so he'd better not be at fault.

Flicking through some AR windows, he sent a quick text to Sandman. Hey, boss. Got a serious request for ya, this time; would you be able to send out your feelers, see what you can see about an Arcturus? This one could be big. Hopping on his bike, he went off down the street, heading for a different part of town.

---

After driving a good twenty minutes, he pulled up outside of the Pink Elephant. Heading towards the door, he smiled and nodded to Ed. "Good day to you, Ed," he said, before making his way inside, sitting in the back, and glaring around for a few moments, to get his bearings.
fistandantilus4.0
Ed nods repsectably in response. The cultured bouncer was always a refreshing sight after so many gutter punk trolls. A good day to you as well Mr Bot'Norgoz. Welcome back.

The response from Sandman, thankfully, doesn't take long.
<<<Arcturus? What has he gotten him self in to?>>>
Galedeep
Blinking once or twice, Goz grins. <<<<Seems he's coerced someone into pulling a job for him. What do we know about him, Sandy? Is he a big name in the hacking community, or what? Ever known him to pull scams on folk against their will? Allegedly, he forced one of my clients into hijacking a truck or two of weapons, and I would just love to find out the how and why of it.>>>>
fistandantilus4.0
Goz's commlink beeps twice, then his commlink answers it's self. Sandman's icon icon appears on the screen.

Don't ever call me that again 'Goz". Arcturus isn't the sort to blackmail. He's solid, but he isn't ruthless like that. He does shadow work, but he isn't the proactive type.
Galedeep
"Forgive me, it won't happen again," Goz says, repressing a smile. "If he didn't force him into anything, than I just read that part wrong. I was told to 'find Arcturus'. Perhaps he has information, instead of being the culprit. Any way I can get in touch with him, somewhere safe from each other? I need to ask him a few questions."
fistandantilus4.0
It's unlikely that he'll meet you in the meat, especially if there's heat on. Give me two hours, and I think I can arrange a meet site somewhere for you. Probably here on Shadowland. You're quickly using up your credit with me though Goz. Keep that in mind.
Galedeep
"Understood, Sandman. As always, I eagerly await word of how I can repay you."
fistandantilus4.0
The icon smiles I'll be in touch
The line disconnects
Galedeep
Bot sits tight, twiddling one of the large rings on his fingers as he cases the joint. He hasn't got much else to go on, as you need the first card before you can even start guessing your hand, so he orders a drink and sits back, content to wait for a meeting with this mysterious Arcturus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012