Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GenCon Follow up
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Redjack
Slashdot had an article about GenCon and Catalyst was mentioned there-in and I wanted to share:

It didn't have as much buzz as other announcements at the con, but well worth noting was the formation of a company called Catalyst Game Labs. Catalyst is a new outfit formed from the ashes of "Fantasy Productions", or FanPro as it was more commonly called. FanPro has been publishing the Shadowrun RPG since FASA gave up the ghost a few years back, and while the quality of the books has been fairly high it would be kind to say that they've been released on any kind of regular schedule. The new company marks a turn for one of the most well-known intellectual properties in pen and paper gaming, with two new books (Emergence and Augmentation) available just at this convention. Working together with the folks behind the Classic Battletech line, they now having backing and a business plan. If you're a Shadowrun fan, there's going to be a lot to look forward to in the coming years.
http://games.slashdot.org/games/07/08/22/1847207.shtml
Caine Hazen
I should probably listen to the bit I recorded and get a list online of what's coming out wink.gif

/tease
Penta
Did someone happen to tape the Whats Up With...? seminars from our friendly neighborhood CGL people?
Critias
Bah. No mention of Spinespur. Slashdot's writer is a hack. A hack!
Fortune
Spinespur actually got a web presence you might like to pimp?
Bull
QUOTE (Penta)
Did someone happen to tape the Whats Up With...? seminars from our friendly neighborhood CGL people?

<laugh> That's actually what Caine was referring to. He needs to go through the audio, clean it up, and edit it up a bit, I think, before posting it though.

Bull
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Bull)
QUOTE (Penta @ Aug 23 2007, 09:26 AM)

<laugh> That's actually what Caine was referring to. He needs to go through the audio, clean it up, and edit it up a bit, I think, before posting it though.

Bull

Getting Caine to pull out the embarrassing Cell Phone call and you running out of the room to answer it in the middle of the presentation?
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 23 2007, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Penta @ Aug 23 2007, 09:26 AM)

Bull

Getting Caine to pull out the embarrassing Cell Phone call and you running out of the room to answer it in the middle of the presentation?

Oh that I can do.... I owe a mod here some payback anyways! rotfl.gif

Though first cut wise, I left that in there, as it was in the middle of something important Adam was talking about.

As a note, I'm waiting on the Shadowrun stuff for notes on the edits and recompression of the files. After that its outta my hands wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012