Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Product ID Numbers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zolhex
I am updating my list of Shadowrun books cause it doesn't have all the 4th edtion books that are out on it yet.

While doing this I ran into an issue. On the Shadowrun4.com site it has the Gm screen with contacts and adventures it has a listed product ID number as 26002.

Then I looked up Augmentation and it also says it's product ID Number is 26002.

So thought I ask if anyone knows which one is supposed to have the number 26002 and what the other book is supposed to be numbered?

Thanks for your time.
BishopMcQ
The difference per Battlecorp is that Augmentation is CAT26002 and the GM Screen is FPR26002. I don't have my books in front of me, so I can't help more than that.
Adam
They are both correct; the GM Screen is a FanPro release using the old "oh, just number them sequentially" system, and Augmentation is a Catalyst release using the "Hey, you can actually figure out what type of book it is based on the stock number -- isn't that genius?" system.

We'll be publishing a PDF that lists all our stock numbers by game line -- probably next week. It's mostly for retailers/distributors, but others may find it handy.
BookWyrm
Yes, it will come in handy. Thanks Adam *applause*
Larsine
QUOTE (Adam)
They are both correct; the GM Screen is a FanPro release using the old "oh, just number them sequentially" system, and Augmentation is a Catalyst release using the "Hey, you can actually figure out what type of book it is based on the stock number -- isn't that genius?" system.

Like the even older FASA "Hey, you can actually figure out what type of book it is based on the stock number -- most of the time!" system. Even though there were some odd choices back in those days like Bug City (a location book) being the the rule book series, UB (mostly an adventure book) being in the location book series and Neo-Anarchist Guide to Real Life (mostly a rule book) being in the location book series.

Hope Catalyst makes a more coherent numbering system.

Lars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012