Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gadgets and the SR players who love them
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Enigma
Hi,

I am in the process of putting together a list of equipment for use in my games. This is inspired in part by my appreciation of Face characters, and by the fact that there won't be any more SR3 books and SR3 is the game I will be playing.

Does anyone know of, or have, any lists of gadgets such as those that show up on Bond, on Alias or on similar shows? I am also hoping anyone can post books or movies or TV shows which have such gadgets. I have all the Aliais episodes and I am aware of some sites which list some of the gadgets, but anything that anyone has would be very useful.

Also, if anyone has any nifty gadgets that have come up in their games or they have developed for shadowrun use, and are happy to share, then please let them rip as well.
wargear
A ruthenium fibre wig/beard in the pocket of my reversable jacket.

A leatherman tool.

A mini-laser welding/cutting tool.

A fake (or stolen) ID.

A half dozen survival kits (including a loaded holdout pistol and spare ID) hidden across the city.
Irian
Why does it have to be a loaded hold-out and not a real gun?
wargear
concealability.

although you could always trick out a HP or SMG with the Cannon Companion...
eidolon
Lots of stuff both high and low tech here: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...iew=getlastpost
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (wargear)
concealability.

although you could always trick out a HP or SMG with the Cannon Companion...

...and SOTA '64 (disguised items rules).
DuckEggBlue Omega
Not neccesarily what your looking for, but recently the game I'm in introduced holo-card-stick things. A round stick the height of a standard buisness card which you hold lengthways between your thumg and forefinger, pushing down on a button on the tip, which makes it project a small business card sized hologram to one side that could conatian any kind of text or pictures you want - much like a business card. The one in the game was also rigged to scan the biometrics of the first person to activate it, so only they could use it from then on, and was small and fragile enough that most attempts at trying to open it up and bypass this would simply break it.

Also, GPS chipped keyrings because "Now Google can even find your keys!"
lorthazar
Gadgets department: These are the base ideas not the full stats.

Boot Spurs, like Forearms snap blades for your feet.

MAD spoofers: Usually a specially ionized clothing lining that mad Magnetic Anomaly Detection useless.

Shift clothes: Memory plast rutheium clothing that can shift to appear as any number of outfits in a wide array of shades.

Caseless Catalyst Spray: A specialized catalyst that when it comes in contact with caseless ammunition rapidly renders the propellant inert. Often used in grenades, secuirity devices and in rare cases water cannons.

Plastic Explosive Catalyst Foam: As above but formulated to rapid make Plastic Explosive inert.

Thermite Lock Pick: A specially formed ring of thermite that burns a hole around a standard mechanical lock mechanism or door knob. Will burn through a 2 inch thick laminated ceramic/steel door. Also comes in Keypad and swipe card shapes.

Rocket Piton: a Sharpened shaft of Dikoted tungsten alloy rocket propelled trailing a line of monofilament wire out to 500 meters. Special winch harnesses can lift a 300kg individual at 12 meters a round or lower them at 18 meters a round.

Defribulator setting for tasers: A special setting for your tasers that can help revive a patient in case of heart stoppage.

Infrared Laser sights: You need Thermo graphic sight to see the pinpoint.
wargear
QUOTE (lorthazar)
Special wench harnesses can lift a 300kg individual at 12 meters a round or lower them at 18 meters a round.

That sure be a hearty wench. Yarrr.
Enigma
Thanks eidolon and wargear, however really what I am looking for is the high-tech type gadgets. Examples have been posted (thanks for that) and more are very much encouraged.

Can anyone with more google-fu than I find any lists of such gadgets, whether from a specific show or a more general list. I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia or elsewhere, but others may be better at the searching than I.
Lindt
QUOTE (DuckEggBlue Omega)
Also, GPS chipped keyrings because "Now Google can even find your keys!"

Where can I sign up...
*lost his car/home/work keys last week*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012