The following is my opinion on two Snarfquest compilations. I always enjoyed this old strip from Dragon Magazine.

Snarfquest: The Book, published in 1987 by TSR.

Advantages:

It has the "5 years in Snarf's future" bit by Elmore, complete and in color.

It has the famous full page color plate by Elmore, where some characters are riding in a cart, and are distracted by a scantily clad female barbarian.

It has AD&D (1st) and D&D stats for all major characters.

Disadvantages:

It may prove to be a bit harder to find than the subsequent edition.

The pages in the copy I got were slightly browned/yellowed. This could be an indication of lower quality paper, or perhaps just a result of being published 20 years ago.

It only contains Snarfquest strips up to the '87 publication date.

Snarfquest: The Graphic Novel, published in 2000 by Dynasty Presentations.

Advantages:

It would probably be more easily found.

It has a great cover; Elmore's "Fool's Gold" painting, that was also used as a cover for an issue of Dragon.

It has every Snarfquest strip ever published in Dragon.

No browning/yellowing of paper (but see my comment above).

Disadvantages:

Although this edition does have the "5 years in the future" bit, as well as the "barbarian" painting (see above), they are only in black and white, which diminishes their quality and impact (albeit they do have the "barbarian" one in small size on the back cover, in color).

It does not have game stats for the characters (see above).

More for Snarfquest fans: There is an rpg/worldbook based on the strip. However, I have never read it. Also, Elmore is (or was) drawing new strips for the "Games Unplugged" magazine, but I don't know if it's even being published anymore. To my knowledge, none of the strips from that magazine have ever been republished in their own (or any other) compilation.