Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maps, please
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Wit
Used to post a bit long ago, been lurking since.
I'm getting ready to GM a campaign in a month or two with some buddies, and its kinda unique. Everyone starts low (300BP) and poor (10BP max for gear, Availability 6 max). Basically, everyone starts as a gutter punk in one of the barrens. I'm not even allowing any gang memberships. This way the character developement is almost completely in game. Become shadowrunners and haul yourself out of the barrens? Join a gang for survival? Start your own gang and carve out some territory?

I'll also be working how established gangs affect the neighborhood and each other, areas of corporate influence, lone star patrols, etc.

I'm really looking forward to it, but this kind of setting I need a fairly detailed, city/street map, complete with buildings (or at least their silhouette), to run this, since the geographical setting needs to be consistant. I've considered just using a real street map of seattle and marking it up in photoshop or something.

Plus, if anyone knows of or has just a packet of maps (building plans, whatnot) for actual missions, I'd appreciate it. I have a ton of errata, but none of those.
Snow_Fox
Try google earth maps- you can clear most of the world and can view as a map, a stalite image or a hybrid where they put street names over the satalite pics. really cool. in the western world and Japan it's really good. You can zoom in close enough to see if a car has a sun roof (I'm not kidding).

Names are sometimes in the native toungues but that's not to much of a problem except in Japan where it's not even roman letters. For that you'll need a good map of japan just to identify cities but it can be very interesting.
shadowfire
for basic floor plans checkout: Floorplanner.com

you have to register but its free.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012