Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "goto Next Unread" Option
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
TinkerGnome
For some reason today, the little arrow icon which does "goto next unread" in a thread isn't appearing for me in the normal forums. If I select "View New Posts" from the top of the screen and look on that list, it is there, though. I just don't get it if I go to the forums directly (even though the circles are dark blue beside the posts). Is there a setting somewhere I changed? I really like the feature, so I want to turn it back on.
ThatPaolo
Uhm, I thought it was aestehically unpleasant and seldom used. Is there wide support for me to putting it back in?
TinkerGnome
I agree that it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but once I figured out what it was, I fell into using it constantly. I might be the only one, though.
ThatPaolo
Maybe just changing the icon will work. Let me see what I can do...
ThatPaolo
BTW, did I say how much I love the FAST REPLY button? biggrin.gif
ThatPaolo
fix0red. Well, back as how it was, I'm still thinking about a cuter icon...
Fortune
QUOTE (ThatPaolo)
BTW, did I say how much I love the FAST REPLY button? biggrin.gif

What exactly is the difference with the Fast Reply feature?
Adam
It uses javascript to open the Reply box directly below the original thread. There are a few javascript based menus and expansions in this forum software - kind of unconventional and a little confusing for some people, I think, but also kind of cool.
Neuron Basher
I personally love the fast reply feature. It might be confusing before you've used it, but I think anyone that clicks on it once shouldn't have any trouble figuring out how it works.
Fortune
That's cool. Thanks for the info. smile.gif
TinkerGnome
Wow, fast reply is neat. And thanks for putting back the "goto last unread" button. The ideal thing to do would be to integrate the function into the existing blue circles on the left side of the listings so you could just click on that. But that'd probably be a headache.
TinkerGnome
As much as I love the "goto last unread" button, I've noticed that it's less than useful in some poll threads. Is there anyway to keep it from appearing if the only addition to a thread was a poll vote?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012