Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jackpoint Source
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
craigpierce
Ok - I know it's been too long since I said I was going to do this. Sorry for that. I'm even more sorry that I didn't get to finish what I'd started, but there's more about that below.

The current state of the source code is one of disarray. When I left off, I was converting the VB.NET code over to C#.NET. You may remember that I built JP as I was learning to code, and after I learned C# I knew why everyone uses it, and decided to clean JP up by transferring everything over...

That being said, I got most of it done. There are two windows that still need to be converted from VB (including the main window with all the code for the controls) and a few dialog windows whose code I was going to totally rewrite, so I didn't bring their code over.

I was also designing things around the idea that JP 2.0 would be both SR3 and SR4 compliant - so I started putting everything into user-controls (like the character sheet, GMConsole and SR3 character creator - all of whose code is still in the VB version of the main window). The idea was that, based on the user setting of SR3 or SR4 preference, it would load the correct controls - the character sheet ultimately being usable for either kind of character - and the character class being flexible like that as well, being able to be an SR3 or 4 character...

I think that's about all the main things you'll need to know - basically, JP is ripe for someone who can put their own code in, since everything is pretty much gutted anyway.

If you decide to take on your own JP project from this source and you have any questions about the mess it's in, feel free to ask. I don't know how much I'll be around the forums, but you can PM and DS will send me an email alert.

Oh...almost forgot - the source location:

http://rpg.dinfinity.net/items/Jackpoint_Source.zip
craigpierce
Oh, and the idea was that the character sheet would be on the right pane of the new main window, and the other items would be on the left (GMConsole and Character Creators)...

That way the character sheet would always be visible, and the characters selected would just populate their info into it...

Of course, you're welcome to change that up, but I figured I'd at least tell you why the new main window has 2 panels...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012