Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allergies
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Crusher Bob
For a more, heh, practical write up on treating allergies with hookworms, you can check here.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue)
Ok, I promise I don't live in a bubble or anything. But another of my many allergies is to eggs (it's nowhere near as bad as the peanut allergy). I'm not allergic to eggs all the time. I can't figure it out: I can have them baked into stuff, which I can see making sense because that way they're cooked. But I can't have scrambled eggs, which are also cooked (I mean, it would be a lame powergaming allergy if I were only allergic to raw eggs, I guess). So I don't know what the difference is between the egg being baked, and the egg being fried, or hard-boiled, or any of the other ways that people eat eggs for breakfast. Also, I can definitely have pasteurized eggnog, if anyone's stupid enough to let me get near it.

I'm strangely lactose intolerant in a similar fashion. Enough of a glass of milk and I'm down for the count, regardless of the milkfat content. Cream will hit me much faster while anything that has high amounts of sugar in it will rarely bother me, I can eat a pint or more of ice cream and be totally fine.
Stahlseele
I can eat a pint or more of ice cream and be totally fine

up untill now i knew only women to be capable of such a feat O.o
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
Enough of a glass of milk and I'm down for the count, regardless of the milkfat content.

I think that would be because it's the proteins you have problems with, not the fat. Whole milk and skim milk have roughly the same concentration of proteins, they differ only in the milkfat content.
Or at least, that's how I understand it.
Whipstitch
Patrick Bertoletti apparently downed 1 & 3/4 gallons of ice cream in 8 minutes in a competitive eating contest. Think he experienced the world's first ice cream migraine?
ShaunClinton
One of my favourites was the character who took an allergy to wool and a phobia of spiders in SRII 'cause he figured they wouldn't come up.

Then we played Harlequin's Back and when the Spider constructs showed up the GM described them as wooly! He didn't like that much.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (ShaunClinton)
One of my favourites was the character who took an allergy to wool and a phobia of spiders in SRII 'cause he figured they wouldn't come up.

Then we played Harlequin's Back and when the Spider constructs showed up the GM described them as wooly! He didn't like that much.

...had a character with an allergy to wool who was from British nobility.
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (ShaunClinton)

Amazing! I remember those spiders, and our GM described them as wooly, too, so I know it wasn't just your GM messing with the guy that tried to scrape up a few skill points with rare allergies, but holy crap, it must have felt like it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012