Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for Another Shadowrun Fiction Contest
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
kanislatrans
Ok, I don't want to rush anyone who is planning on entering some fiction in this contest. I just want to let you know that if I don't see some action soon, I will be forced to enter some of my Shadowrun POETRY!!
" Ode to a devil rat" comes to mind or even an Elvish sonnet or two.

hmm, I feel the muse speaking softly at this very moment .....

"thy ears point the way to heaven
let us dance skyclad neath yonder tree
our joy shall fill the meadows
and over flow, gushing as the brook babbles.
Immortal love, I feel your heart
beat neath my feet.
I hear your voice in the whispering leaves...."

just a taste of the pain..er.. prose to come.... wobble.gif wobble.gif wobble.gif

JBlades
You are a bad, bad man... wink.gif
Fortune
Are we there yet?
knasser
There once was an elf rather bolder,
Screwed a troll girl by the name of Isolda,
Asked 'were she impressed,'
He blushed and confessed,
"Well to be honest, I haven't yet told her."

*knasser joins with kanislatrans in threatening more poetry if we don't see the results soon*
JBlades
Well, I know that I'm waiting to receive another entry for editing, and I'll get it out asap once I get it. I think that'll be 9? So after that, which should be soon, maybe one more to go.
Fortune
10 is not some kind of literary magic number. Everyone's had more than enough time now ... get on with it! biggrin.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 30 2008, 09:20 PM) *
10 is not some kind of literary magic number. Everyone's had more than enough time now ... get on with it! biggrin.gif

Well begging and threats of poetry aside, it is tisoz's competition. If tisoz says ten, I guess it's ten.
Fortune
Well, I actually thought tizoz originally said 10, or 2 months, or when he bored got enough. But he actually said ...

QUOTE (the tiz man)
I would like to run it similar to last time, that is, waiting until I get 10 submissions. (or half a dozen and the contest has drug on so long people forgot they submitted an entry, my call.) I always try to keep everyone updated on the progress of submissions as I receive them, so everyone can follow how the process is playing out. So there is no firm deadline - just when I get 10 submissions.

So, I am voicing my opinion that it has 'drug on' long enough. biggrin.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (JBlades @ Mar 30 2008, 03:34 PM) *
Well, I know that I'm waiting to receive another entry for editing, and I'll get it out asap once I get it. I think that'll be 9? So after that, which should be soon, maybe one more to go.

Can you PM me on who you are waiting on? I am unaware, but that is not a problem as it is how I said to proceed.

QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 30 2008, 04:20 PM) *

10 is magic in it is the maximum number of poll choices. smile.gif

QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 30 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Well, I actually thought tizoz originally said 10, or 2 months, or when he bored got enough. But he actually said ...

So, I am voicing my opinion that it has 'drug on' long enough. biggrin.gif

The first finalized submission is only a month and a half old. If the one entry had not been withdrawn and Backgammon had chosen to submit his story instead of just posting it, we would have been done last week.

Honestly, I have been busy the last week or so, and I am going to be busy the next couple of days. There may be a story in the works, according to JBlades post.

If anyone is actively writing something for this contest, please let me know. I'll wait a few days for a response, and if no one responds, then I'll post the stories I have. If you are working on something, just let me know and I'll take the heat while we wait.

Perhaps good news. I am getting ready to start traveling the US once again. I may be able to deliver the winners choice of book in person. (I may also be available to pop in and play Shadowrun, especially for long weekend marathons! So people who extended those invitations thinking he lives across the country beware!)
JBlades
As you command, boss. smile.gif
JBlades
Ok, the last entry that I have been made aware of has been edited and sent back to the author for final verification before being turned in to Tisoz, which should happen soon. That makes 9, if my count is correct. ARE THERE ANY MORE ENTRIES COMING IN? Speak now or die a slow, painful death by nerve toxin...
HMHVV Hunter
I hate to pull this after harping about it so much, but I wanted to add something to my story (just a short section, 3 or 4 paragraphs, pretty much have it written in my head). Is there any way I can do that without re-submitting the whole thing all over again?
Zen Shooter01
So, are we going to get this party started?
JBlades
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Apr 3 2008, 06:53 PM) *
I hate to pull this after harping about it so much, but I wanted to add something to my story (just a short section, 3 or 4 paragraphs, pretty much have it written in my head). Is there any way I can do that without re-submitting the whole thing all over again?

As far as I know, Tisoz is just storing these in his inbox, so it seems that adding the new material in and sending the whole package to him with a new version number would probably be the easiest way. Just title it "Fiction Contest - (Your Title) 2.0" or something so he can see at a glance which one to post.
Fortune
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Apr 6 2008, 10:51 PM) *

I got yelled at when I asked that. frown.gif
HMHVV Hunter
It's done - sent in my last paragraph for my story, and I am officially done with it.

Now, hopefully, we can get this show on the road...
fulcra
Vasquez from Aliens: LET'S ROOOOCK!
northern lights
QUOTE (fulcra @ Apr 7 2008, 01:18 PM) *

i've submitted mine as well. sorry to hold the whole thing up.
ZenGamer
If there's room for one more I can have it tomorrow. I wrote it awhile ago and it just needs a quick edit.

I just found out about this contest today.

If not no biggie though. Just someone let me know.

Thanks.

JBlades
Yes, there's room for exactly one more! Hooray!
MaxHunter
so, tomorrow then. Great expectations...

cheers,

Max
ZenGamer
I sent it to tisoz last night, should be good to go. Hopefully not too long, and hopefully interesting enough to read anyway if it is.
Vegetaman
I'll catch this contest next time around. I hate being tied down and busier than all drek with school work.
tisoz
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Apr 6 2008, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 6 2008, 06:51 PM) *
I got yelled at when I asked that. frown.gif

QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Apr 6 2008, 11:56 PM) *
Now, hopefully, we can get this show on the road...

QUOTE (fulcra @ Apr 7 2008, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE (JBlades @ Apr 8 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Yes, there's room for exactly one more! Hooray!

First, sorry for the delay everyone. I thought I was going to have internet access a week ago, but the man cancelled the program I previousely used and thought to use again. I just spent my break time getting unwired and access.

I hope the suspense was excrutiating. wink.gif

It will be a little while longer, like tonight as I am supposed to be working at the moment, for me to post ten, that's correct -10, stories for your enjoyment.

JBlades answered inquiries perfectly (I am lucky getting good volunteer help for these projects of mine.) My absence worked out well for the last submission to get included.

On my way back from Rdmond/Bend, OR. Going to be in Fargo, ND tomorrow if anyone wants to game! Might be heading down Iwa way next via the twin cities over the weekend.
tisoz
Looks like I am headed to Milwaukee, not Iowa.

Now to get the stories posted.
tisoz
The wait is over. tisoz's April '08 Shadowrun Fiction Contest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012