Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The toxic traditions, cleaned up.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
What about the non-corrupted �toxic� mentor spirits.

I find it odd that an example of a toxic tradition, in this case the radiation tradition. WHY is it evil/corrupt? Right, it’s a danger to all life and wants destruction and suffering. Sorry I’m not buying that crap. Different yes, evil no.

What about a Radiation path sorcerer specialized in radiology and a doctorate in nuclear engineering and working for the good of society with his exceptional skills and magic within radiation magic?

Nuclear meltdown, no problems, his “Control Fusion/Fission� just averted a new disaster. His path might very well have lead him down a path into how radiation and magic works and using it for something good.

The bad part would be that any shadowrunner with such magic might himself be almost immune to radiation sickness and other drawbacks but everyone around him might suffer hair loss, sterility and other unpleasant effects as he rips away with a Radiation Bolt.

Still, having a localized nuclear explosion at your fingertips could be rather fun at times.

Then we have another fun thing. If space is a void and planets have a manasphere due to life what about the SUN…

The sun is basically a giant nuclear reactor, I don’t want to know how big nuclear spirits can become in that environment because for them that surely MUST be a manasphere.
Stahlseele
i would not touch that thematics with my ten-foot-pole O.o

otherwise you pretty much answered just why such things should not fall into player hands . . can you imagine what would happen if one of them were to wander into some irradiated place and basically draw power from that like nothing else? O.o

but just technically you have a valid point . . as valid as insecticons not being evil but just different *g*
The Jopp
QUOTE (Stahlseele)
i would not touch that thematics with my ten-foot-pole O.o

What? The one regarding the sun? Neither would I, If i knew there were nuke spirits wandering around in herds on the sun i would be paranoid in fear...

Oooh, solar flare sends nuke spirits to earth mansphere. biggrin.gif
The Jopp
QUOTE (Stahlseele)
otherwise you pretty much answered just why such things should not fall into player hands . . can you imagine what would happen if one of them were to wander into some irradiated place and basically draw power from that like nothing else? O.o

In what way would that part be different from regular shamans tapping into a "pure" domain of their own totem?

Still, the only place a nuke shaman would be able to actually be powerful would be close to radiation - and that's either the arcology or glow city when we talk seattle.

Sure, smaller radiation sources might be found but like regular shamans they wouldn't be able to draw enought to be "uber".
FrankTrollman
There aren't any statted out toxic traditions in Street Magic, you have to write your own. And since they don't inherently get anything overpowered for being Toxic, there's no reason you can't have players pull up to the tble with them if you want.

I made some playable ones and put them up Here. And you're welcome to do the same.

Failing that, there's no reason that a "normal" magician can't summon up something with Energy Aura that happens to have Radiation as its Energy Type. That's perfectly allowed.

-Frank
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (The Jopp)
Oooh, solar flare sends nuke spirits to earth mansphere.  biggrin.gif

...thanks for the idea, hehhehheh... vegm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012