Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A GM Looking for more players for online/IRC game.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pathwalker
Looking for additional players, post post here or email me at spathwalker@cox.net if you're interested. If anyone has any additional suggestions on where else to look/post online as well, please let me know.

Time frame tentative between Friday nights or Sunday mornings/days, whichever works best for the players. Will be using mostly core SR-4 rules with a few things houseruled, and starting with a Survival type situation while eventually moving to the classical Shadowrun game types. Game will be ran over IRC. Have 3 players already, looking for a group of up to 4-5 total.
Tekumel
QUOTE (Pathwalker @ Jan 19 2008, 08:10 AM)
Time frame tentative between Friday nights or Sunday mornings/days, whichever works best for the players. Will be using mostly core SR-4 rules with a few things houseruled, and starting with a Survival type situation while eventually moving to the classical Shadowrun game types. Game will be ran over IRC. Have 3 players already, looking for a group of up to 4-5 total.

I'm definitely curious about this.

- What kind of house rules are you working with?

- Is the group already up & running, or are you guys just starting up? If up and running, would you mind observers before joining, to get a feel for play style?

- What time zone are you operating out of?

- Do you have a feel for what your current players are going to be playing?

- What books do you use besides core? (Street Magic, etc.)
Pathwalker
>>> What kind of house rules are you working with?

Basic Creation:
1.Due to unique starting situation of the party, will be starting with no contact or lifestyle, and only the following gear can be purchased with starting BP/¥: Cyberware, comm link (only if internal and/or if character is a hacker). There will be opportunities to find/acquire gear from there.. including drones should there be any rigger characters. Use 400 BP.
2.Character does not actually have to start as a shadowrunner, but will likely need some useful talents to help in such situations if they occur. Someone who's was recently an wage-slave, IT, Electronics repairman, or even several types of scientists can still do fine here.

Skills:
1.No Specialization.
2.For starting limit, one additional option besides "two skills at 5 or one skill at 6" is "or one skill group at 5".
3.You can get a skill group to any value, then improve an individual skill for the difference. Ex: If you got Firearms to 4, could get Longarms to 5 for the same cost as if Longarms was already 4, as long as still within limits on rule 2.

Decking/Hacking:
1.Very customized house rules, so it ends up not being two separate games. All hacking goes through AR without penalty.. so can be actively assisting a combat situation in various ways. Ex: Hacked camera that spot enemy hiding + party with AR goggles = party can now see enemy through whatever he hiding behind. Some building rules customized too.. so if you want a hacker, can email me or we can talk on a chat service to get all the details.

>>> Is the group already up & running, or are you guys just starting up? If up and running, would you mind observers before joining, to get a feel for play style?

Not up and running yet, will likely be starting this Friday. If you do want to sit and watch for a session, there will be ways to fit you in by the next session if you still want to join... assuming the group doesn't get filled first. Currently at 3/5, may change depend on player reliability, or if more want to join.

>>> What time zone are you operating out of?

I am in the Mountain time zone, current party probably all over the USA. Hours are flexible as far as starting/ending time depending on when all the players are available.

>>> Do you have a feel for what your current players are going to be playing?

Situation may change, but got the following so far:
Human mage/scientist.
Human Street Samurai, close combat expert.
Ork Hunter, survival and ranged combat.

>>> What books do you use besides core? (Street Magic, etc.)

I have Street Magic and Augmentation. If you want anything outside those books (and a few things in 'em, depending on what it is), will just need to give me the details of what it is and does, and I'll decide if I allow it or not. Custom made stuff can be accepted, but I will defiantly go over it first to make sure it balances out, both with core rules and the style of game I run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012