Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edmonton 'runners
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Large Mike
So, I got posted to CFB Edmonton some six monthes ago, and despite searching high and low, I haven't found any Shadowrunners. Or very many roleplayers at all for that matter. I know it's a long shot, but is there anyone in/around Edmonton looking for an experienced GM?
Cool Mirage
6 hours south in lethbridge mate, sorry.
BFaolan
Four hours south in Calgary.

I know there's a significant roleplaying group here, but I don't know about Edgemonton.
Thespian
I am also in Lethbridge - altough the same time zone is nice.... Cool Mirage, are you still in Lethbridge?
pbangarth
I'm in Whitecourt, only about 700 km. from Lethbridge. How about we get together the whole lot of us for a game? We could call it the Alberta Invitational. Build it into an event of international acclaim, with invitations avidly sought from around the world.

Waddaya think?

Peter
pbangarth
Oookkkaaaaayyyy... maybe not.

Peter
imperialus
Not a terrible idea. I'm down in Calgary and know of at least a couple other runners who might be up for making a weekend of it.
pbangarth
I'm interested in getting together for some kind of SR experience. Large Mike in Edmonton seems to be continually being called away by the Armed Forces (What the hell is this 'duty' concept, anyway?) but we might be able to catch him when the army isn't looking.

How about a central location... I don't know... a truck stop in Rocky Mountain House or something?
pbangarth
... a Tim Horton's in Red Deer?
pbangarth
... a conference room in Banff Springs?
pbangarth
If I provide a case of beer here, will people come to Whitecourt?
pbangarth
Oh, for Heaven's sake!

My wife has a conference to go to in Lethbridge on the weekend of April 24, 25, (26). Anyone there interested in getting together for a game on either Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th?
saiyanslayer
QUOTE (Large Mike @ Feb 7 2008, 04:01 PM) *
So, I got posted to CFB Edmonton some six monthes ago, and despite searching high and low, I haven't found any Shadowrunners. Or very many roleplayers at all for that matter. I know it's a long shot, but is there anyone in/around Edmonton looking for an experienced GM?

wow, wish I would've known. I was posted to CFB Pet from Edmonton not too long ago. Could've ran a game and introduced you to a few of my pals back there. Troll the gaming stores, specifically the one in Clairview and the one downtown on Jasper and 124th street (Happy Comics?) on a weekend. I know of a decent gaming group I barely knew that took me in, but I think they work play more White Wolf games.

Msg me your email, and I'll pass it along to the guy I know. Maybe he can get you into something, if not Shadowrun.
pbangarth
Is there anybody left in Edmonton?
pbangarth
Awww... come on! There are players in Calgary, in Winnipeg, and now in Regina! Can't we get something going in Edmonton????

It's like the damn hockey season!
Horsemen
I know there are a few other players up in Edmonton that are not on these forums. There is a fairly new SR agent for the demo program in Calgary running events out of Myth Games every third saturday of the month.

Would there be interest in a one-off being run up in Edmonton, to do sort of a meet and greet among Edmonton players?
pbangarth
I'm in Whitecourt, roughly 2 hours out of Edmonton. I'd be interested.
Horsemen
Peter are you still up in Whitecourt?
pbangarth
Nope. I'm back in Toronto. Much closer to the Canadian hotbed of Shadowrun, Hamilton.
Horsemen
Heh. I suspect Calgary might give that a run.
pbangarth
Could be, but Hamilton has the burnt out, industrial deathzone, city-by-the-sea (OK, lake) feel that Calgary only *wishes* it had. silly.gif

Driving into town sets you up properly for an SR game.
Horsemen
The Canadian version of Chicago. grinbig.gif

We may not have that but we have our own things that work quite well for SR including a number of places for secret corporate labs. wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012