Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fantasy Grounds 4th Ed Ruleset
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
sloejack
I'm putting the finishing touches on the current version of a ruleset I've created to allow people to play Shadowrun using the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop. It occured to me that having been a long time D&D player I recalled there being restrictions for having any sort of software compute things related to that game. I wondered if there were similar restrictions for Shadowrun.

For example, thing I'm doing are calculating the condition monitor and associated modifiers for damage taken. linking/computing the impact of essence to magic, (home to compute the impact of bio/cyberware to essence but that is a future feature), calculate astral init if the character has a magic attribute > 0, calculate initiative, etc.

Additionally, with some help, I've got a die roller set up so that I can drag attribute, skill, and other modifiers to it to create the pool for tests and then have it roll the test and it will determine the number of hits, if the roll resulted in a glitch or a critical glitch. I'd like to have it explode 6s if edge is used but that's also a feature for later.

So those are the types of things I'm curious about, I've tried reaching out to the catalyst folks in the past but to date I've not gotten a response so I'm hoping that anyone else working on similar projects might have some information to share.
Fortune
There are already Character Generators and Dice Rollers and Initiative Trackers and the like available as software for SR4, so I don't foresee any problem with your version. I do believe that you should make sure to include the standard disclaimer that is made available on the Shadowrun website though.
sloejack
QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 22 2008, 08:37 PM) *
I do believe that you should make sure to include the standard disclaimer that is made available on the Shadowrun website though.

Hmm, I'm not sure I've seen anything on the shadowrun4.com site that fits what you describe, could you point me in the right direction?

*edit* I went to look again just to be sure, the only thing I found was some language for web sites. Not sure if the language can be used/warped a little to indicate that it's for FG and not the web.
Fortune
QUOTE (sloejack @ Feb 23 2008, 02:47 PM) *
I went to look again just to be sure, the only thing I found was some language for web sites. Not sure if the language can be used/warped a little to indicate that it's for FG and not the web.

That's the text I meant. It probably isn't important, but if the company asks people to use it on their web sites, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to modify it a little and use it somewhere in the program. It may not be necessary at all, but it can't hurt. smile.gif
sloejack
I have been making progress with this that I thought I'd share with y'all and see how much/any interest there is. I've created some screen shots of the ruleset thus far. I plugged in the data from the Bounty Hunter in the rulebook to see how it flowed and what things still need some work. You can see the examples at the following links:

ScreenShot1
ScreenShot2
ScreenShot3
ScreenShot4
ScreenShot5
ScreenShot6
ScreenShot7

There's still some work to be done yet and I've gotten some offers to help spruce it up even more so at the earliest it's probably about 3 weeks away. Thanks for your patience, hope to see y'all in the shadows soon.
Eurotroll
Looking good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012