Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nano Tattoo Ver 0.1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fabe
came across this on one of the other forums I'm on,they may not be made of nanos but it's a step in the right direction.

http://www.physorg.com/news122819670.html
Malicant
Waterproof and powered by pizza.

Now, that's a slogan I like.
Herald of Verjigorm
Not just a subdermal bluetooth touchscreen, a subdermal bluetooth touchscreen with built in biomonitor.
Jhaiisiin
Holy crap. Sign me up for one of these!
KCKitsune
Someone was saying about the Cancer risk and possible rejection from the body. It is cool though.
Jhaiisiin
Perfectly acceptable risks for SOTA. wink.gif
KCKitsune
OK everybody... we've seen this piece of tech, and we can all agree it's pretty cool. Now lets translate this into Shadowrun biggrin.gif

Skin Interface
Essence: .05 (lets face it, other than the fuel cell, this doesn't impact the body at all... it's a friggin tattoo for goodness sake and it's wireless so there's no DNI interface)
nathanross
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Feb 27 2008, 05:41 AM) *
OK everybody... we've seen this piece of tech, and we can all agree it's pretty cool. Now lets translate this into Shadowrun biggrin.gif

Skin Interface
Essence: .05 (lets face it, other than the fuel cell, this doesn't impact the body at all... it's a friggin tattoo for goodness sake and it's wireless so there's no DNI interface)

Nothing costs less than .1 essence. Also, aren't there already nanotats? What is the need for this older tech?
KCKitsune
QUOTE (nathanross @ Feb 27 2008, 05:29 AM) *
Nothing costs less than .1 essence. Also, aren't there already nanotats? What is the need for this older tech?

Nanotats cost no essence, they just decay. This unit is permanent, and unlike the rest of the cyberware in SR, the only invasive part of it is the connection to the blood vessels (a connection to the vein and artery). There is no nerve connections and there is no permanent bonding with the cells or bones.
Ryu
*wrong account* - Little Storm, Ryu's GF
Little Storm
Also, aren't there already nanotats? What is the need for this older tech?

I agree. Nanotats have the same in game effect.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Little Storm @ Feb 27 2008, 05:43 AM) *
Also, aren't there already nanotats? What is the need for this older tech?

I agree. Nanotats have the same in game effect.

Except Nanotats are not as active as this tech. They display one tattoo and need programming to change to another image. This tech gives you a display that you can interact with and doesn't decay like nanotats. Also it acts as a really basic biomonitor.
Ryu
I think nano-tats are the wrong item for a comparison. Think dermal sheath. Inserted under the skin, can display texture...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012