Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are Sammies obsolete?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Vegetaman
But I really wanted that Deltaware Move By Wire 4... If only I could front the 16 million nuyen, I don't know... EVER. frown.gif
Synner
QUOTE (suppenhuhn @ Mar 7 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Actually the rules suggest that the possessed player plays the spirit. (if possessed by a friendly spirit that is)

Just as reminder - the operative words in that sentence are: "plays the spirit." The spirit is not an extension of the magician and will tend to act only to fulfill the services demanded.
Jame J
QUOTE (Ryu @ Mar 5 2008, 04:56 PM) *
I voted no. Push the limits with your samurai, like it used to be, and you´ve got a role.

I also voted no, and Ryu seems to have summed up my reasoning. Very good, man!
imperialus
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Mar 7 2008, 11:14 PM) *
But I really wanted that Deltaware Move By Wire 4... If only I could front the 16 million nuyen, I don't know... EVER. frown.gif

So talk with your GM. I GMed a character in 3rd ed who was trying to get a Delta cybertorso. He was starting to fall behind on the power curve so I decided to give it to him. Of course I turned his getting the cybertorso into an entire run. He had trusted contact sell him some information on an incoming shipment of an experimental cybertorso from Renraku for I believe it was around 50,000 nuyen.gif. He then turned into the Johnson for the rest of the team and paid them each 25,000 for the run itself. They busted into a Renraku facility, stole the torso then went through a contact with Ares that they had who agreed to install it for a nominal fee 25,000 or so if he was allowed to poke around it and see what exactly Renraku had done with it.

90% of the time I've found GM's are thrilled when their players hand them plot hooks on a silver platter. I know I am.
Stahlseele
now that is a whole new kind of awesome idea for samurai O.o
Vegetaman
QUOTE (imperialus @ Mar 8 2008, 01:06 PM) *
So talk with your GM. I GMed a character in 3rd ed who was trying to get a Delta cybertorso. He was starting to fall behind on the power curve so I decided to give it to him. Of course I turned his getting the cybertorso into an entire run. He had trusted contact sell him some information on an incoming shipment of an experimental cybertorso from Renraku for I believe it was around 50,000 nuyen.gif. He then turned into the Johnson for the rest of the team and paid them each 25,000 for the run itself. They busted into a Renraku facility, stole the torso then went through a contact with Ares that they had who agreed to install it for a nominal fee 25,000 or so if he was allowed to poke around it and see what exactly Renraku had done with it.

90% of the time I've found GM's are thrilled when their players hand them plot hooks on a silver platter. I know I am.

Yeah, but to be fair... Deltaware Move By Wire 4 is pretty sick. Even at the... What, 2.4 or 2.6 essence cost? It'd be a massive jump in the power curve. It's the sort of thing I'd give to an uber-boss for a mid-level runner team.
Stahlseele
and in the long run, it will STILL bancrupt the poor slab of meat around it with the maintenance cots or just slowly accumulate stress untill it fries out the central nervous system . .
Vegetaman
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 8 2008, 03:37 PM) *
and in the long run, it will STILL bancrupt the poor slab of meat around it with the maintenance cots or just slowly accumulate stress untill it fries out the central nervous system . .

I don't know... Deltaware? If you can afford 16 mil nuyen for it, you can surely afford upkeep. But it should be minimal at such a high level. cyber.gif

Actually, isn't there an edge called Biocompatibility where you can lower essence cost of items by 10% (either cyberware or bioware; choose 1)?
Stahlseele
in SR4, yeah, in SR3? no such thing . . but then, in SR4 there's no stress for implants as well, if i remember correctly . . so you won't really have to care about that . . and in SR3, the nuyen you had to pay on upkeep were calculated by the grade of the ware, so delta got one hell of expansive to maintain . . even a simple datajack would be much more expansive, should one ever require cyber-repair surgery . .
Vegetaman
I've never had a run go on long enough to even contemplate repair or upkeep of cyberware.
Stahlseele
me neither, actually . . probably because we don't use those rules at all *g*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012