Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updated SR Archetypes - Old Editions to New
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Drogos
He was an Ork in SR3, and I would suggest a return to that. It makes a world of difference in a mundane.
suppenhuhn
I like the detective being human again, though ofc orc would be better statwise.
As for suggestions i would maybe get rid of photographic memory and buy homeground instead. Also maybe consider don't buying stealth as a group so you can get higher shadowing than 2.
And yes uncybered mundanes always are a bit dissappointing but the detectives better off then the ribesman, considering he's not a fighting char biggrin.gif
Fleming
I like what I'm seeing here so far; always nice to exchange ideas with others (and get some NPCs one doesn't need to spend time on building...).

If nobody minds, I'd like to try my hand on the Street Shaman and the Orc Street Samurai. Okay?
Fortune
Feel free ... even if someone does mind. wink.gif

And welcome to Dumpshock. smile.gif
paws2sky
QUOTE (suppenhuhn @ Mar 20 2008, 06:51 AM) *
I like the detective being human again, though ofc orc would be better statwise.

Agreed. And technically the ork from SR3 was The Investigator anyway. wink.gif

QUOTE (suppenhuhn @ Mar 20 2008, 06:51 AM) *
As for suggestions i would maybe get rid of photographic memory and buy homeground instead. Also maybe consider don't buying stealth as a group so you can get higher shadowing than 2.
And yes uncybered mundanes always are a bit dissappointing but the detectives better off then the ribesman, considering he's not a fighting char biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'd looked at Home Ground. Problem with it, as I see it, is that its too specialized. A neighborhood? A host system / node? And it can't be changed? I mean, its great for NPCs, but for PCs its seems like a points sink, IMO. I'd almost rather dump it entirely for more skill points.

Good suggestion on the Stealth Group though. Shadowing 4 and Infiltration 1 sound about right? Kinda hate to give up the Palming skill, but I do agree that his Shadowing should be higher.

QUOTE (Fleming)
I like what I'm seeing here so far; always nice to exchange ideas with others (and get some NPCs one doesn't need to spend time on building...).
If nobody minds, I'd like to try my hand on the Street Shaman and the Orc Street Samurai. Okay?

I was going to take a shot at the Ork Street Sam once I get the Tribesman and Detective finalized, but by all means, have at it!

Ah, oh yeah, welcome to DS. smile.gif
paws2sky
Tribesman (400 BP Total)
version 2

[ Spoiler ]
paws2sky
Yay for spoiler tags. Here's the revised version of The Detective.

Detective (400 BP Total)
Version 2

[ Spoiler ]
paws2sky
And while I'm thinking about it, here's The Rocker:

Rocker (400 BP Total)

[ Spoiler ]
Glyph
Whoops. embarrassed.gif

I posted a rocker in the Sample Characters thread - didn't know someone had already done one. Well, now there's two versions, I guess.
paws2sky
No problem, Glyph.

I haven't cross-posted these last few ATs to the Sample Characters thread yet because I'm not really satisfied with how they came out. I'd like these to be ATs that people most people would, you know, actually consider playing. Just because I would play them, I feel like most wouldn't. Maybe that's just a Dumpshock thing. Maybe that's me being stuck in the 2050's when it comes to character design. *shrug*
Wesley Street
I totally want to play a Rocker now. Brilliant work guys! smile.gif
counterveil
QUOTE (Colin Chapman @ Mar 12 2008, 09:18 PM) *
Appropriate copyright for the images and fluff would be included, etc. of course (along with links for Catalyst), so I can't see anyone bitching about the use of old edition illustrations, which (let's face it) will never see the light of publication again. Plus, I'll have finished my current freelance rpg assignments by then, so I can relax and do it properly.

If Catalyst would have a problem with this, I'm sure they'd let us know before things got started anyway.

It seems to me there would be an issue with image reproduction in a non-Catalyst-sanctioned piece of work, but then again what do I know? Lots of us have websites re-using the images and naught has come of it, so maybe there's something there.

Catalyst, please let us know if there are issues with re-using the images in a not-for-profit (community) work. I'm also very interested in this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012