Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Montery/Salinas/San Jose?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Derek
Moving to Monterey, CA this summer, courtesy of the USMC, and would love to join a game as a player. Might be convinced to GM, if there are no open games out there. Have played SR3 extensively (and SR1 and 2 as well, years back); own all the SR4 books, but have never played it.

I'll be living in Salinas, probably, but I can drive to Monterey, Santa Cruz, and possibly even San Jose. I'll certainly be able to host, as well.

Anyone out there?
counterveil
Ah...it's too bad it's a 2 hour drive from Salinas to San Francisco; I'm starting a game on 30 March (see other post in this section for details) and we wouldn't mind a 4th person at all. It's on Sundays, but we end at 10:30PM and I'm sure you don't want to spend 4 hours total on the road on a Sunday anyway...dommage.
Derek
Yeah, 2 hours is a bit too long of a drive. Thanks, though.
Derek
Bump
Derek
Monthly bumppage
Hank
We have a game in Santa Cruz and could use another player. I'll PM you.
Derek
Bump for more...
Derek
Bump?
Derek
Monthly bump
Derek
Crap! I've been watching a lot of "Burn Notice" (very SR'ish show on USANetwork) lately, and this has made me really want to play SR, and I still haven't found a group.

crap!
Derek
Bah, is it so much to ask the universe to let me find a SR gaming group nearby, or enough people interested to start one?!?!?!? Can I burn some karma to reroll?
Fyndhal
QUOTE (Derek @ Oct 4 2008, 06:59 PM) *
Bah, is it so much to ask the universe to let me find a SR gaming group nearby, or enough people interested to start one?!?!?!? Can I burn some karma to reroll?

Availability is 18 -- go for it! smile.gif

I'm in San Jose, wouldn't mind finding a new group to play with.
Derek
I wouldn't mind driving to San Jose every other week or so, know anyone else?
Derek
Bump because I haven't done so in a while, although I expect nothing to come of it.
Derek
QUOTE (Derek @ Jan 8 2009, 05:40 PM) *
Bump because I haven't done so in a while, although I expect nothing to come of it.

What he said...
BlueMax
I feel for you. From 2001-2005 I had trouble maintaining enough players in my game when I lived in San Jose. Most of the local were already engaged in long standing Second Edition games.
Now I move out and there are people who need a game in San Jose. *sigh*.

Keep trying chummer, it will pay off. First year I looked here in San Mateo, I couldn't find anyone. Now I am in two games.

BlueMax
JediKalbo
If you are still looking for players I am interested.
Ovarwa
Hi,

I live in the South Bay and might be interested in a game.

Anyway,

Ken
Derek
Hmm, my email notifications weren't working, and the email you sent me (JediKalbo) went to my spam folder... Weird. Sorry for not getting back sooner.

JediK, I'll send you an email shortly.

Ovarwa, by south bay, you mean South Bay San Fran? Would you be willing to drive down to the Salinas area? I'm thinking twice a month or so?
Ovarwa
Hi,

Salinas is further than I want to go for a game, but thanks.

Anyway,

Ken
Derek
Bump just because I can
Derek
Bump because it has been two months since I last bumped
DoomFrog
Try this website. I have found several games, not ShadowRun, but D&D and others.

http://dnd.meetup.com/696/
Derek
Thanks, but nothing that is close and/or is what I'm looking for.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Derek @ Jul 21 2009, 07:11 AM) *
Thanks, but nothing that is close and/or is what I'm looking for.

Derek,
What are the odds you could do a Saturday morning session? This may give me something else to do whilst my kids wander the aquarium.

BlueMax
DoomFrog
If you guys are trying to put together a game. I am in Sunnyvale and won't mind driving to San Jose or San Mateo.
Derek
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Jul 21 2009, 08:35 AM) *
Derek,
What are the odds you could do a Saturday morning session? This may give me something else to do whilst my kids wander the aquarium.

BlueMax

Saturday morning is possible, although not preferred, but I haven't been able to find anyone else that plays SR around here. Two people doesn't make a game... I'm up for it, though, if you know someone else.
DoomFrog
I know someone else, though like you Derek Saturday mornings won't be preferred.

EDIT: Talked to my friend. Saturday mornings could work out, depending on when we end.
Derek
Shoot me a PM with your email, and we can start coordinating this, possibly.
DoomFrog
Haven't heard anything. You guys still trying to put together a San Jose or San Mateo game?
budoka05
After taking a break, I'm coming back to Shadowrun. I live in the Fremont and I'm looking for a group. Plus, I have a friend who is interested, with the right group. Willing to drive down to San Jose or San Mateo, but not Santa Cruz.
DoomFrog
I am still interested in joining another game. I have some other friends who might be interested. No GM though.
Derek
Weird. I never got any notification, and never even saw the rest of the thread when I came back.

Anyways, I don't think I could do Saturday morning. Friday nights, Saturdays afternoons/evenings/nights, or Sunday afternoons/evenings are all good. I can GM as well, although i have never GM'ed 4ed, I've got no problems trying. If anyone is willing to drive to the Salinas area, that is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012