Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GenCon CGL Official Shadowrun Events
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
the_dunner
I'm splitting off a new thread for this. The official posting of GenCon events has begun on the GCI community site. Event registration will go live in late April. Here are all of the scheduled CGL Shadowrun events. I'll be reposting a summary of the SRM schedule over in the Missions forum.

[b]EDIT - Updated on 4/20/08 in honor of registration going live.

These are currently sorted by Day/Time. This listing remains subject to revision. I'll modify it and note if there are any changes.

Thursday 8:00:00 AM RPG01014 Aces Wild
Gambling dens are no big surprise, but when word hits the streets that there's a racket betting on runner teams being set up on fake runs, the shadows take the news none too lightly. Everyone's willing to pay, but can you find out who to take out for the cred?
Thursday 08:00:00 RPG01074 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
Sometimes following up on a job really means following. You've been hired to track down an old acquaintance who's fled across the continent. BYOC!
Thursday 10:00:00 RPG01068 The Qabbalah Caper
Rabbi James Goldman who runs the Holy Land Kibbutz in Snohomish has a job for you. Word on the street indicates that he's on the level. He needs some extremely rare incense produced by Buddhist monks outside of Hong Kong. He's paying for transportation, all you need to do is enjoy the trip to Hong Kong, meet with the monks, pick up the incense, and relax on the way back.
Thursday 10:00:00 RPG01075 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
Sometimes following up on a job really means following. You've been hired to track down an old acquaintance who's fled across the continent. BYOC!
Thursday 10:00:00 RPG01078 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh
By 2070, life literally imitates art. Some people have a fetish for it and it's your job to see that it's delivered and still breathing. BYOC!
Thursday 12:00:00 RPG01010 A Little from Column A, a Little from Column B
Mr. Johnson has business in Seattle. The Yakuza have some business with Mr. Johnson. It's your business to see that Mr. Johnson conducts his business before the Yakuza have a chance to conduct theirs.
Thursday 12:00:00 RPG01072 Thunderbolt Greaseslapper
You have been hired to provide security for a racing team in the latest craze: Home built vehicles. All teams start in the same junkyard and must gather materials and build a vehicle, then race it around a 1 mile track.
Thursday 12:00:00 RPG01088 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh
By 2070, life literally imitates art. Some people have a fetish for it and it's your job to see that it's delivered and still breathing. BYOC!
Thursday 14:00:00 LRP00082 SRM Scramble
Mr. Johnson has put out a call to the Shadows of New York - he needs every 'runner available to infiltrate the city. A one time only Shadowrun Missions BYOC Interactive, with unique campaign rewards. Costumes encouraged!
Thursday 14:00:00 RPG01022 Can you help me find Timmy?
An inventor friend of yours needs help. His newest drone has gone missing. Can you follow the trail and find Timmy? What happens if Timmy doesn't want to go back?
Thursday 14:00:00 RPG01069 Things that go BOOM! in the night
Every Shadowrunner knows being an expendable asset isn't all its cracked up to be, and right now you're feeling pretty expendable.
Thursday 18:00:00 RPG01006 2 Tequila!
This isn't just another beer run. Rumor has it that there's a haunted mining town that has the best moonshine since before the great awakening. But when a Johnson asks you to retrieve it, will you find more amusement than you're looking for?
Thursday 18:00:00 RPG01026 Daddy's Girl
A high ranking executive had lost his little girl. It’s up to you to find her.
Thursday 18:00:00 RPG01091 SRM03-02 Block War
What starts as a petty fight could degenerate to a full scale war. When things are turning sour, who said mediators had to be neutral? BYOC!

Friday 08:00:00 RPG01030 Double Vision
It was a simple bodyguard job, guard the VPs daughter while she slums it at a rave. Only somehow now there's two of them and they don't seem to see eye to eye...
Friday 08:00:00 RPG01099 SRM03-04 Monkeywrench
A little milk run like this should be no problem. Though, it sounds like you don't get much time. Non-lethal rounds and no legal complications makes these "security consultant" gigs the best in the Big Apple. BYOC!
Friday 10:00:00 RPG01018 B.O.H.I.C.A.
You aren't sure when the run went to hell‚ but you're stuck there!
Friday 10:00:00 RPG01032 Find Her, Keep Her
Daddy's little girl disappeared and now daddy wants you to find her. He says she's an innocent sixteen year old so it should be simple enough... Right? How far could she have gone? How much trouble could she be in?
Friday 10:00:00 RPG01076 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
Friday 10:00:00 RPG01092 SRM03-02 Block War
What starts as a petty fight could degenerate to a full scale war. When things are turning sour, who said mediators had to be neutral? BYOC!
Friday 10:00:00 WKS00048 Shadowrun GM Boot Camp
Here's your chance to learn how to run Shadowrun through the craziest conditions possible. If you can GM like this, you can GM anywhere.
Friday 12:00:00 RPG01036 Ghost Ship
The Mary Celeste. The Flying Dutchman. The Marlborough. These names strike fear into the hearts of sailors everywhere. Soon they’ll add another name to this list.
Friday 12:00:00 RPG01038 Ping Time
Mr. Johnson has lost her friend, a technomancer. She can connect to him via the Matrix, but neither of them know where he is physically. Guess whose job it is to find him?
Friday 12:00:00 RPG01062 Snow Blind in Siberia
Something mysterious has happened, and it's your team's job to find out what it is. Travel to exciting new lands, meet interesting people, and find out if your trip, and more importantly your life, is truly worth the sake of discovery.
Friday 12:00:00 RPG01077 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
Friday 12:00:00 RPG01095 SRM03-03 Burning Bridges
The voice on the other end of the comm sounds desperate. The kind that pays well. Then he asked, "How much do you know about demolitions?" BYOC!
Friday 12:00:00 RPG01103 SRM03-05 In and Out
A stool pigeon is ready to name names. Mr. Johnson wants to make sure they're the right names. He needs you to break into the NYPD Inc. holding facility and deliver a message. BYOC!
Friday 14:00:00 RPG01023 Can you help me find Timmy?
An inventor friend of yours needs help. His newest drone has gone missing. Can you follow the trail and find Timmy? What happens if Timmy doesn't want to go back?
Friday 14:00:00 RPG01029 Daddy's Girl
A high ranking executive had lost his little girl. It’s up to you to find her.
Friday 14:00:00 RPG01089 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh
Friday 14:00:00 RPG01093 SRM03-02 Block War
Friday 14:00:00 SEM00082 Whose Run Is It Anyway?
Back for a fourth year (yes, really)! It’s comedy. It’s entertaining. It’s... well, it’s just like the TV show we stole the idea from. 'Who’s Run Is It Anyway?' let’s you take part in a live gaming session and get some revenge on those evil GMs that have tortured you in the past. You (yes, you) now have a chance to make the GM’s life miserable and laugh at their pain. For Mature Audiences.
Friday 19:00:00 RPG00984 Bad Moon Rising
There’s a new drug hits the streets of Hong Kong, you’re hired to get your hands on it. However, you quickly learn that not everything is as it seems. The Gen Con 2008 Shadowrun tournament. Come with your team pre-assembled, or assemble one on-site. Prizes will be awarded.

Saturday 08:00:00 RPG01034 Find Her, Keep Her
Daddy's little girl disappeared and now daddy wants you to find her. He says she's an innocent sixteen year old so it should be simple enough... Right? How far could she have gone? How much trouble could she be in?
Saturday 08:00:00 RPG01096 SRM03-03 Burning Bridges
The voice on the other end of the comm sounds desperate. The kind that pays well. Then he asked, "How much do you know about demolitions?" BYOC!
Saturday 10:00:00 RPG01016 Aces Wild
Gambling dens are no big surprise, but when word hits the streets that there's a racket betting on runner teams being set up on fake runs, the shadows take the news none too lightly. Everyone's willing to pay, but can you find out who to take out for the cred?
Saturday 10:00:00 RPG01073 We who are about to die salute you
Never take the job if the money is too good. You never where any good at listening, and the money was really good. You're not sure when it happened or how, but now you are stuck in this "Rat Maze." The challenges get more difficult, and the punishments for failure more severe. There were twelve of you when you started. Now only six remain. Will you find the way out or die trying?
Saturday 10:00:00 RPG01090 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh
Saturday 10:00:00 RPG01104 SRM03-05 In and Out
A stool pigeon is ready to name names. Mr. Johnson wants to make sure they're the right names. He needs you to break into the NYPD Inc. holding facility and deliver a message. BYOC!
Saturday 12:00:00 RPG01042 Prisoner Break
Not only did some poor slob get arrested, he also angered someone with nuyen to burn and a taste for a dish of ice cold revenge. The bad news is the slob's death must look accidental and prison-like. Course, that makes sense since he's currently in prison. The good news is that the prison is out in the boondocks, so we're not talking about a full-frontal on a maximum security installation.
Saturday 12:00:00 RPG01066 The Initiation
You and a few other participants have decided that it was a good idea to join a magical initiatory group but the initiation ordeal is more than you anticipated. This is an all mage run that takes place as the initiation for your first level of metamagic.
Saturday 12:00:00 RPG01071 Things that go BOOM! in the night
Every Shadowrunner knows being an expendable asset isn't all its cracked up to be, and right now you're feeling pretty expendable.
Saturday 12:00:00 RPG01094 SRM03-02 Block War
Saturday 12:00:00 RPG01097 SRM03-03 Burning Bridges
Saturday 12:00:00 RPG01100 SRM03-04 Monkeywrench
A little milk run like this should be no problem. Though, it sounds like you don't get much time. Non-lethal rounds and no legal complications makes these "security consultant" gigs the best in the Big Apple. BYOC!
Saturday 14:00:00 RPG01031 Express Delivery
The courier does not question the contents of the package, a time tested axiom. But it makes you very curious when the Triad asks you to deliver a package and the Mafia want to pay you to deliver it *faster*.
Saturday 14:00:00 RPG01067 The Qabbalah Caper
Rabbi James Goldman who runs the Holy Land Kibbutz in Snohomish has a job for you. Word on the street indicates that he's on the level. He needs some extremely rare incense produced by Buddhist monks outside of Hong Kong. He's paying for transportation, all you need to do is enjoy the trip to Hong Kong, meet with the monks, pick up the incense, and relax on the way back.
Saturday 14:00:00 RPG01101 SRM03-04 Monkeywrench
Saturday 14:00:00 RPG01105 SRM03-05 In and Out
Saturday 19:00:00 RPG00986 Bad Moon Rising
There’s a new drug hits the streets of Hong Kong, you’re hired to get your hands on it. However, you quickly learn that not everything is as it seems. The Gen Con 2008 Shadowrun tournament. Come with your team pre-assembled, or assemble one on-site. Prizes will be awarded. You must play in RPG00984 Bad Moon Rising on Friday to play in this session.

Sunday 08:00:00 RPG01020 B.O.H.I.C.A.
You aren't sure when the run went to hell‚ but you're stuck there!
Sunday 10:00:00 RPG01063 Snow Blind in Siberia
Something mysterious has happened, and it's your team's job to find out what it is. Travel to exciting new lands, meet interesting people, and find out if your trip, and more importantly your life, is truly worth the sake of discovery.
Sunday 10:00:00 RPG01098 SRM03-03 Burning Bridges
Sunday 12:00:00 RPG01037 Ping TIme
Mr. Johnson has lost her friend, a technomancer. She can connect to him via the Matrix, but neither of them know where he is physically. Guess whose job it is to find him?
Sunday 12:00:00 RPG01102 SRM03-04 Monkeywrench
DireRadiant
I love the junkyard wars one!
john_doe
better start saving up my money. i must get into all of them!
the_dunner
Just as a general heads up -- we will be doing a call for GMs for Origins, GenCon, and DragonCon soon. When we do, it'll go up on the main SR page. If somebody's desperately interested in participating, and hasn't GM'd for us previously, feel free to drop me a PM.
mattvo28
In the tournament 'Bad Moon Rising', what do you mean about bringing a pre-assembled team? Getting five of your friends together as opposed to the tried and true method of holding up finger to signify how many people you need/want?

Either way I'm already looking forward to the it again this year.
Critias
*scribbles down a few notes*

Any chance we can get shout outs later on once GMs maybe start getting assigned, or from forumites who sign up for given games? I'd like to hop into a session or two as a player, but I know there are some DSers I'd rather face-to-face with than others (to avoid knife fights and whatnot) for a game. wink.gif
Fortune
I need a teleport device!

Or a severe influx of money before GenCon! frown.gif
the_dunner
QUOTE (mattvo28 @ Mar 31 2008, 12:30 PM) *
In the tournament 'Bad Moon Rising', what do you mean about bringing a pre-assembled team? Getting five of your friends together as opposed to the tried and true method of holding up finger to signify how many people you need/want?

Yes. We've found in the past that players who know one another before they get to the tournament generally do "better." We thought it might be nice to point that out in the event description. smile.gif

QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 1 2008, 01:27 AM) *
Any chance we can get shout outs later on once GMs maybe start getting assigned, or from forumites who sign up for given games?

The GMs never get any notice about who the players are before the event. So, I couldn't indicate who the players would be. Similarly, last year I did over 50 revisions of the GM schedule before settling on one that everyone could live with. (Really, this is fun.) So, any schedule that I were to present would be unlikely to bear any resemblance to the final one.
QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 1 2008, 03:55 AM) *
I need a teleport device!

Or a severe influx of money before GenCon! frown.gif

CGL *is* trying to have some events at GenCon Australia. smile.gif
Critias
Alright, I'll fly blind, then. But it's not my fault if someone sees my nick on my Gencon badge and flies into a berserker frenzy! wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Apr 1 2008, 10:22 PM) *
CGL *is* trying to have some events at GenCon Australia.

I've heard that. smile.gif

But it ain't the same as GenCon! wink.gif
Tobias
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Apr 1 2008, 06:22 AM) *
CGL *is* trying to have some events at GenCon Australia. smile.gif

How about GenCon UK? I would love to go to Indy but i'm poor but hopefully will end up heading over there in a year or two.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Tobias @ Apr 4 2008, 02:24 PM) *
How about GenCon UK? I would love to go to Indy but i'm poor but hopefully will end up heading over there in a year or two.

I'm afraid we don't have any Shadowrun GMs in our pool of CGL volunteers in the UK. If you know of any good candidates (or if you're willing to volunteer) please drop me a PM or an e-mail to shadowrunmissions@gmail.com
Bull
I wonder if Digital Mage is still active? I know he was an activem, vocal member of the Commando's a few years ago, and he's in the UK.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 5 2008, 03:44 AM) *
I wonder if Digital Mage is still active? I know he was an activem, vocal member of the Commando's a few years ago, and he's in the UK.

Unfortunately, he's on hiatus. While I've exchanged e-mails with a couple of other people, none of them have followed up on things.
Nimbex
Are there any important rulings we should know about for transitioning characters from season 2 SRM to season 3? I'd be figuring that contacts on our character sheets would stay around, and contacts earned in SRM2 would be gone.

I have some local players eager to go through the wrapup for SRM 2 before moving on to SRM3, so I had a couple of questions. Will there be any more CGL-sponsored SRM2 events? Should SRM2 events no longer be run after SRM3 events are available?

There's always been the possibility that people do things out of order, but if there's an official "no more SRM2 after this date", I want to make sure I'm doing things appropriately.

I have a pool of about a dozen local players that I run things for from time to time, and would love to do SRM 2-25 right before GenCon with whoever wants to make it.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Nimbex @ Apr 18 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Are there any important rulings we should know about for transitioning characters from season 2 SRM to season 3? I'd be figuring that contacts on our character sheets would stay around, and contacts earned in SRM2 would be gone.

Yes. I'll be releasing something to address this in late May. As the first SRM3 adventures will be run at Origins in late June, that should give everyone time to get their ducks in a row.

I have some local players eager to go through the wrapup for SRM 2 before moving on to SRM3, so I had a couple of questions. Will there be any more CGL-sponsored SRM2 events? Should SRM2 events no longer be run after SRM3 events are available?

No there won't be any more SRM02s released. By sponsored events, do you mean big cons or just Demo Team run ones? Demo Team members are free to run what they'd like. So, it's entirely possible that you'll see folks running SRM02 scenarios. OTOH, at Origins/GenCon/DragonCon it'll just be current stuff.

In terms of running from a player's perspective. Once their character has moved to NYC, they won't be going back to Denver.

There's always been the possibility that people do things out of order, but if there's an official "no more SRM2 after this date", I want to make sure I'm doing things appropriately.

There won't be a drop dead date. It'll just be a case of PCs can't bounce between campaigns and accrue karma et al from both at the same time.
Aaron
It'll just be a case of PCs can't bounce between campaigns and accrue karma et al from both at the same time.

At least until Microsoft adds time travel to the Shadowrun universe.
Critias
I just signed up myself an' my wife for one of the "BYOC" games (Burning Down the Bridge, RPG01097, if it matters). Since it's "all my fault" we "have" to make our own characters, I'm officially in charge of slapping together sheets for the two of us.

I'm looking over the official rules for SR Missions character creation, and I don't see any mention of Arsenal, Street Magic, yadda yadda yadda. Is it safe to assume the published supplements so far are fair game for character creation, or do we have to stick to the core SR4 book?
the_dunner
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 21 2008, 03:33 AM) *
I'm looking over the official rules for SR Missions character creation, and I don't see any mention of Arsenal, Street Magic, yadda yadda yadda.

You might check the Shadowrun Missions FAQ. smile.gif

Key points from the FAQ:
QUOTE (FAQ on Arsenal)
Now that it's out, can I purchase weapons/upgrades/etc. from Arsenal for my Missions character?
New characters are welcome to purchase any gear from Arsenal, subject to the usual Availability restrictions at character creation. Existing characters may purchase new or upgrade existing equipment, subject to standard Availability restrictions and assistance through their contacts, with GM discretion, when their nuyen supply permits. Anything with an availability above 12 won't be available to starting characters and may be difficult to obtain for characters who have the necessary funds.

Is the Missions campaign using any of the Advanced rules from Arsenal?
Missions GMs are encouraged to use the Demolition and Substance Abuse rules presented in Arsenal as appropriate to the various Missions scenarios.
However, the "More Ways to Die" chapter goes into more detail than the campaign needs for public play. As a consequence, we won't be using that in normal Missions games. If a GM is running a home game, and the players agree to it, then they're more than welcome to use that material. However, we won't be using those rules for convention and other public games, because they will most likely extend things beyond our usual allotted time frames.

-
QUOTE (FAQ on Augmentation)
What new toys can I use from Augmentation? Players are permitted to use Augmentation to generate and upgrade characters in the Shadowrun Missions campaign, with the following exceptions:

* If a rule is noted as an "Optional Rule," the Missions campaign won't be using it. (e.g. Cyberpsychosis)
* Players and GMs are not required to use the Advanced Medical Rules. While these are permissible and add to depth of play, the current Missions campaign isn't intended to accommodate this tracking.
* All materials from "The Cutting Edge" are not available to Missions characters, with the notable exception of the Mania/Phobia Quality on p.164. Manias and Phobias are allowed per the usual quality rules.
* Per usual, all gear is subject to the normal availability restrictions.

-
QUOTE (FAQ on Street Magic)
Are we using the "Acquiring Geasa During Play" rules presented in Street Magic?
No. This is an optional rule, and we are avoiding the use of optional rules.

How does a mundane use an Anchoring focus?
Mundanes cannot use an anchoring focus directly because they cannot bond to it. However, mundanes can be the targets of the spells based on the trigger condition (drinking for the healing potion or a detection spell for other types), but they are not the user and they are not bonded to it. For clarification, use of an anchoring focus is placing a spell into it and then taking the drain when the spell is discharged. This is different than activating it, which can be done by just about anyone or anything that meets the trigger conditions or detection spell requirements.

What kinds of magic characters can I play?
You can select any of the magical positive qualities presented in the core SR4 rules or in SM. In addition to the Shaman and Hermetic traditions presented in the core rules, all 19 traditions presented in the Alternate Magical Traditions section of SM are acceptable.

The Paths of Toxics, the Twisted and other Magical Threats are not permitted to player characters - they are for adventure NPCs only.

Are ally spirits allowed?
Yes, ally spirits are allowed but your next GM must review the ally creation process and provide witness to all rolls.
Critias
Yeah, but I figure it's more fun to just ask. wink.gif

Thanks!
john_doe
Well, i was not fortunate enough to get into any SRM games because all slots were gone when i tried (here's to hoping my magic generic tickets prevail!). The SR tournament was available though.

Anyone have any insight as to what that's all about?
Fortune
QUOTE (john_doe @ Apr 22 2008, 04:42 AM) *
Anyone have any insight as to what that's all about?

Um ... Shadowrun? biggrin.gif
john_doe
QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 21 2008, 05:46 PM) *
Um ... Shadowrun? biggrin.gif

LOL. i guess i asked for that one didn't I?

I guess i mean...is it more like the SRM stuff?
Is it bring your own character?
How do they determine who wins and loses?

Is there a website about it where i could read up instead?
the_dunner
QUOTE (john_doe @ Apr 21 2008, 06:48 PM) *
LOL. i guess i asked for that one didn't I?

I guess i mean...is it more like the SRM stuff?
Is it bring your own character?
How do they determine who wins and loses?

Is there a website about it where i could read up instead?

The Tournament has been running at every GenCon since around 1990 or so. FASA originally sponsored it, then FanPro did, now CGL has picked up the torch.

Characters are provided. Each table of 6 players will have the same 6 characters to choose from.

We have three different tournaments that we're running this year. One at Origins, one at GenCon Indy, and one at DragonCon.

This year, all three scenarios have peripheral connections to Ghost Cartels. However, they're all really quite different. So playing in more than one won't give you a substantial edge in terms of knowledge about the scenario for a latter one.

Teams have a different GM each night of the tournament. They're scored on a number of different factors that include role-playing, rules knowledge, teamwork, goal completion, and problem solving.

If I have a chance to make something pretty, I'll try to have an info packet available on it somewhere public before the convention. Note -- that's a big if, I've got 6 Missions scenarios to finish editing, 3 tournaments, and a number of other related projects.
D-Franco83
I for one would not mind setting up a topic maybe on Welcome to the Shadows for some recruitment for the Bad Moon Rising. I roped my friend along for the tournament. It sounds really fun.
john_doe
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Apr 21 2008, 09:12 PM) *
The Tournament has been running at every GenCon since around 1990 or so. FASA originally sponsored it, then FanPro did, now CGL has picked up the torch.

Characters are provided. Each table of 6 players will have the same 6 characters to choose from.

We have three different tournaments that we're running this year. One at Origins, one at GenCon Indy, and one at DragonCon.

This year, all three scenarios have peripheral connections to Ghost Cartels. However, they're all really quite different. So playing in more than one won't give you a substantial edge in terms of knowledge about the scenario for a latter one.

Teams have a different GM each night of the tournament. They're scored on a number of different factors that include role-playing, rules knowledge, teamwork, goal completion, and problem solving.

If I have a chance to make something pretty, I'll try to have an info packet available on it somewhere public before the convention. Note -- that's a big if, I've got 6 Missions scenarios to finish editing, 3 tournaments, and a number of other related projects.

Cool, that's what i was looking for. Thanks a lot.

I also noticed that you were not able to register for Saturday's event unless you were registered for Friday's event. I assume the tourny is in 2 parts?
the_dunner
QUOTE (john_doe @ Apr 22 2008, 09:07 AM) *
I also noticed that you were not able to register for Saturday's event unless you were registered for Friday's event. I assume the tourny is in 2 parts?

That's correct. We wanted it to be 1 ticket for both nights, but apparently their system didn't allow for that.
Nimbex
Yeah. Of late, the tournament has been two rounds, with all teams advancing. That's how GenCon 2007 was. GenCon 2006, it was 3 rounds. Before that, only some tables would get to advance, as it was an elimination tournament.

The new format is far better in my opinion, as the elimination would mean that many teams never even found out what was going on in the storyline.
mattvo28
Is there any more info on the SRM Scramble LARP...what's the difference between the LARP version and a regular SRM?
the_dunner
QUOTE (mattvo28 @ Apr 25 2008, 11:44 AM) *
Is there any more info on the SRM Scramble LARP...what's the difference between the LARP version and a regular SRM?

Well, there's the obvious difference in that there are LARP elements to the Scramble, while a normal SRM is entirely a tabletop game. smile.gif

Beyond that:

-The Scramble is an 8-hour event, that's only run once. The regular Shadowrun Missions scenarios are 4-hour scenarios that are run many times, and are available for folks to run outside of a convention setting.

-Unique items are available in the Scramble that aren't available in normal SRM scenarios. If a PC gets one of these, they'll be the only person in the worldwide campaign with this item.

-The characters used in the Scramble should be characters that are used in the regular SRM games.

-The Scramble has a table top portion and a LARP portion. It'll be about 4 hours of each.
Critias
How possible would it be to show up for, say, only the second half of the Scramble? I'm running stuff 'till 6pm, but it sounds like a really cool event. Not paying any mind to ticket pricing, etc, what kind of chance might there be of someone being able to hop in mid-game (and which "about 4 hours" would be the latter half, the tabletop or the larp half)?
Aaron
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 25 2008, 10:49 PM) *
How possible would it be to show up for, say, only the second half of the Scramble? I'm running stuff 'till 6pm, but it sounds like a really cool event. Not paying any mind to ticket pricing, etc, what kind of chance might there be of someone being able to hop in mid-game (and which "about 4 hours" would be the latter half, the tabletop or the larp half)?

Probably wouldn't work real well. It's not like a LARP and a tabletop scenario that are separate from one another. It's more like a single scenario with LARP and tabletop elements.
Critias
Ah, bummer. Oh well, I figured I'd ask before buying a ticket, so no loss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012