Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some help on making a missions character
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
john_doe
Ok, so i have read over the creation guidelines of what material is cool, and what isn't.

If this has been addressed before, please forgive me. My search-fu never seems to work when i'm posting from work.

I guess my question would be...
Is there a place to send your completed character prior to events so it can receive the seal of approval before gametime?

Or does the GM at the time of play take a few minutes to review?

I'm pretty versed in the ways of character creation, so i don't think there will be any creation oversights but wanna play by the rules none-the-less.

I've never actually played in an SRM game so even though i'll be the SRM newb, i would like to leave the stupidity that can sometimes attach itself to sanctioned events at the door.

This character won't be used until GenCon (if i can get into a game that is), but i like to plan ahead cause GenCon will be here before ya know it.

Thanks in advance.
BishopMcQ
There are no official "seals of approval," just bring your character and any Missions logs for Missions that you may have already done and get ready to play. Most GMs will take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the characters, look at Faction scores, and previous Missions they have been through.

If it is your first Mission, all you need to have is a 400 BP character, some dice, and you are ready to roll. Shadowrun4.com has some FAQs, but the basic state of affairs is that Missions use the RAW. None of the optional rules are implemented as far as I know, and any SR4 source book is fair game. (If the book says "for NPCs only" such as Threats and Bug Spirits, it is non-viable for a Missions character)
john_doe
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Apr 1 2008, 04:20 PM) *
There are no official "seals of approval," just bring your character and any Missions logs for Missions that you may have already done and get ready to play. Most GMs will take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the characters, look at Faction scores, and previous Missions they have been through.

If it is your first Mission, all you need to have is a 400 BP character, some dice, and you are ready to roll. Shadowrun4.com has some FAQs, but the basic state of affairs is that Missions use the RAW. None of the optional rules are implemented as far as I know, and any SR4 source book is fair game. (If the book says "for NPCs only" such as Threats and Bug Spirits, it is non-viable for a Missions character)

Ok cool. That was my interpretation from the reading, but wanted to be sure. I would hate to create a character only for the GM to say, " Sorry, this has not been pre-approved. Please choose from one of the ready-made characters instead. "

Good deal. Thanks a lot.
Cadmus
The dunner did mention in one of the threads in this area that the more ways to die rules in arsenal are not kosher for SRM games I belive.

the_dunner
QUOTE (Cadmus @ Apr 1 2008, 04:50 PM) *
The dunner did mention in one of the threads in this area that the more ways to die rules in arsenal are not kosher for SRM games I belive.

For anyone who's wondering about what is and isn't used, it's always a good idea to check the FAQ. cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012